What Do YOU Do for Cardio?

3 of 4 weight lifting days are followed by HIIT, 6x80m sprints, followed by 80m walk.

Leg day, 30 minutes walking on treadmill, 4.0mph at 3.5 incline (whatever that setting means)

Jump Rope for 15-20 minutes on off days.

But I’m technically in a fat loss phase at the moment (so you probably don’t care)

I think with my FFB status, I’ll probably keep at least 2 or 3 of those HIIT sessions when gaining. I didn’t during the last gaining phase and that’s why I’m in a fat loss phase.

Walk to the fridge, usually several times each day. Sometimes stand there tapping my foot at a slow, even tempo for a few moments.

S

[quote]Ramo wrote:
I masturbate vigorously in the shower before work.[/quote]

Lol! I usually do that after training :slight_smile:

Seriously, when I’m lean and want to maintain it, I usually do a 45 min Spinning class 1 x week and then 2-3 low intensity 20min sessions after my weights either bike, incline walk or crosstrainer depending on how I’m feeling.

If I don’t do the spin class I’ll usually make 2 of the other sessions HIIT, but sometimes I find the low/mod intensity stuff works best as it doesn’t burn me out as much and I don’t need so much recovery from a low/mod session. Like blue9steel said it might not always be optimal for cal burning etc but I know that I’ll get it done and it won’t effect my weights next day.

I skip for 30 minutes, 3 times a week. Not too high intensity though, don’t wanna start eating away at my muscles.

If I have the time (and energy) I will do about 25 minutes of bike at the end of my workout, usually a couple of times a week. I drink my Surge after, or during, the cardio–which is at a low to medium intensity.

If I do not have the energy, I chug my Surge and sit in the corner watching a sweat pool develop…

Rowing. Mid-Intensity, 10 to 20 minutes 5 days a week

As soon as I set my goal to losing bodyfat again, I’ll either put in HIIT (I find this the very best method of shedding fat fast, and since I hate cardio, I like its duration too), or base my training on tabata’s. Either of them should get the fat shedded fast.

I used to do rebounding on a trampoline. Very intense workout …
Now i am planning to concentrate on squate as cardio.
I walk about 6 hours a day at work , but i see no changes in my body.

Ah yeah i forgot to say that green tea is my drink for weight loss.

I do Cardio on non lifting days (every other day), 25 min run outside + 5 min of jump rope. Also paly tennis or beach vball twice a week.

When I was in the fat loss stage, it was HIIT all the way. Worked the best for me.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
10 sets of 40 yard sprints with 10 seconds rest between sets.[/quote]

I love doing sprints. it’s a great way to build cardio and leg explosion, especially if you do them balls to the wall like you’re supposed to.

Cheat curls

i do kettlebell swings 4-5 days a week for 6-12 mins hard.
kettlebell snatches once a week 6- 12mins (sometimes makes me puke)
surf on the weekend if ther’s any waves.
this is just to maintain leaness irrespective of cutting or bulking.

I play 5-a-side football (soccer) once a week, lift four days out of 7 and do 20 mins on my exercise bike on the other two non-lifting days.

Fasted morning jogging.

Oh, and fucking.

I go biking with my dog.

95% of the time its hiit for me.

• hill sprints
  • bounding up steps
  • regular sprints of different length
  • on the bike
  • in the pool

INTENSE 8-10 minutes after non leg day training - keep my heart healthy.

Everything else is diet.

[quote]CanadianLM wrote:
Rowing. Mid-Intensity, 10 to 20 minutes 5 days a week[/quote]

Same here, I try to keep my mean split under 1:45 per 500 meters.

Rowing at the end of workouts, or I do cardio weight lifting once/twice a week.

4 Giant Sets with as little rest between sets as needed, reps of 15 with dropsets until the reps are completed:

1. Squats/Deadlifts (Alternate between workouts)
  2. Wide Grip Pullups
  3. Feet on Bosu Ball Pushups
  4. Clean and Jerk
  5. Dips
  6. Barbell Curls
  7. Dumbbell Lateral Raise

End session off with 1,000 m sprint on he rowing machine at Lvl. 10 aiming to be complete under 4 minutes. You want to hurl after the workout if you attack it with all you have.

[quote]esk221 wrote:

Oh, and fucking.[/quote]

Glad someone else said it, I was thinking it. Maybe I’m just getting old, but damnit man, after I’m ‘done’, I’m really wiped out -lol

S