What Do YOU Do for Cardio?

Do sprints/jog for a total of 3 miles on a treadmill. Started doing this a month and a half ago and did it in 24 minutes, and down to 20 1/2 as of yesterday. I’m hopin to hit 18, then start doing something else.

Squats and milk

HIIT on a couple flights of stairs makes me feel like a BAMF, and just walking to the gym and classes instead of driving does wonderful things. Saving gas money, helping the environment, active recovery, burning calories. Walking is stupendous.

I bang all your wives and girlfriends when you guys are at work

I started alternating between inclined treadmill work and the Stairmaster machine (decided that if it was manly enough for Big Ron, it’s plenty macho enough for me) and have so far been enjoying it (it was tougher at first than I gave it credit for - but that could just be because it doesn’t have a TV attached to I’m stuck with nothing but my own thoughts for half an hour).

I tried to fit a stationary bike into the cycle, as well, but didn’t enjoy the feel of it… I’ll probably start snagging my brothers bike and using that.

[quote]LS87 wrote:
get a nymphomaniac girlfriend

then thank me[/quote]

He will be cursing you a week after he thanks you…

Get a dog and go running with it. Dogs are rediculously motivated runners, and chances are he’ll want to sprint the entire way. They make cardio almost fun.

Also, do stair sprints. Sprint up a few flights, then walk quickly down, and repeat for 15 minutes. This will kick your ass but it’s kind of fun.

I don’t do any cardio, but if you insist on doing it, a good method is the “extensive tempo” workout from the Charlie Francis Training System. It’s used as cardiovascular conditioning for sprinters. Less intense than hard sprinting, more intense than jogging. It provides a moderate degree of conditioning without kicking your ass and interfering with your weight training.

hill walks with a 20 kilo weighted vest.
kettlebell swings and snatches.

surfing.(this one doesn’t really count because its er… fun.)

walk or jog 2 miles in the morning before breakfast; elliptical or jogging after afternoon workout

this is all depending on how I feel, as in sometimes I do nothing