What Do You Do for a Living?

And as the other trainer said, being there all day can zap your energy. I usually lift in the middle of my day, plus it’s less crowded

[quote]MaddyD wrote:
contractor.[/quote]

architect. i tell MaddyD what to do for a living.

Student

Respiratory Therapist and a Registered Sleep Tech. (Mainly just sleep now). I work at a childrens hospital.

I’ve been working out twice a day since October/ November. Mon, Wed, Fri upper body in A.M. and lower body in P.M. I have to get there at 0500 so I can get to work by 0630. Typically I’m off by 1500, then it’s straight to the gym after work to try to beat the afternoon rush. On Tue and Thu, low intensity cardio in A.M. and H.I.I.T. in the P.M. Within the past 7 weeks, I finally got my diet under control. Now it actually is starting to look like I train. I’m living proof you can’t out train a poor diet.

Oh and just in case some the “Oldies” don’t respond to this thread, here’s one I started about 5 years ago.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/what_you_do_for_a_living

Chemist, used to be in the pharmaceutical industry, now work for a private R&D firm. Thinking about getting into personal training as a side though.

I train 5-6 days a week, I have a decent setup in my back yard and use it when weather permits otherwise it the Gold’s down the road.

Boyscout, awesome guitar work. Do you worry about your hands while training?

Lineman

I.B.E.W. 77

I’m a mover at the moment, but I did two years of Biology and graduated from a two-year paramedic program. Hopefully, I can get myself hired by a paramedic service soon.

Athletic Trainer (I fix the athlete when they break). I also do some strength and conditioning/injury prevention work on the side with a few teams.

I’m married and have a 2 year old son so I train around lunch time 4 - 5 days a week. On the weekends I do activities with my son and the usual “honey-do” lists to keep myself active.

I’m a student (accounting major) and have about a month off before summer classes start so right now I don’t really have any time constraints, but we’ll see how things change when I’m back in class.

im currently a student waiting to get my associates degree in fire science when i will then hopefully become a fire fighter! I am looking to join my local volunteer dept. after i finish my EMT classes. I train 4-5 times a week and its not very difficult because i dont currently have a job.

Pre-Med student majoring in biological engineering with a concentration in biomedical…in the fall working out gets tough with practice, but I usually manage to get in the gym 3 days a week or so. Off-season I’m lifting 5 days a week now after class ends and right before dinner, so it’s not that tough. Finals sort of killed my gym time the past couple days though

paralegal

accounting student

secret ambition is to be a radiologist

Semi-temporary-permanent vacation.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Semi-temporary-permanent vacation.[/quote]

Uh oh. You didn’t get canned for taking sexy pics at work, did you? :wink:

Me, I’m a laaaawyer. For an airport. It’s a cool overlap between the law and aviation.

Usually work out after work, but sometimes work interferes. With a fiancee, a house constantly in need of work, a job that can blow up any day of the week, and rec league sports, etc., I do miss weeks in the gym sometimes. Sucks when that happens.

lift weights and eat

(im also becoming a firefighter and finishing my degree)

Currently a salesman.

Getting the foundations [metaphorical] laid for my personal training/fitness consultation business. Will do individual training on-site and at their preferred gym [all gyms in my service areas have agreed to a set % per session]. Will also have a few boot-camp classes a week. Focus will be on small-group [3-4 people] personal coaching. Plus, a few other related services I won’t go into until launch.

Have gotten a few clients for now, to break into the market. Will be dropping my sales job and going with my business full-time in October.

National Accounts Sales.
Travel for work 2-3 times a month.
Train 4x a week.

My gym has a daycare for my 4 year old and 2 year old that’s included in my membership. Makes the weekends fun, they love it.

Full time single Dad.

i’m a mechanical engineering phd student, just finished my first year. worked for about 2 years after i got my BS, but decided i want to do research for a living, so i went back to school.

i also lift 4 days per week, usually in the evening so i can just go to sleep afterward.

[quote]stuntmonkeys wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Semi-temporary-permanent vacation.

Uh oh. You didn’t get canned for taking sexy pics at work, did you? :wink:

Me, I’m a laaaawyer. For an airport. It’s a cool overlap between the law and aviation.

Usually work out after work, but sometimes work interferes. With a fiancee, a house constantly in need of work, a job that can blow up any day of the week, and rec league sports, etc., I do miss weeks in the gym sometimes. Sucks when that happens.[/quote]

Nope, canned because there was so little to do that I had the time to take sexy pics at work.

Need an associate? :slight_smile:

Embedded Software Engineer…I work your typical 8-5 and I am single, so I have plenty of time to train after work and the weekends…typically MWFSat.