What Do You Do for a Living?

Just curious as to what people do for a living, and how that fits in with your training and other goals? I am a student at the moment so I don’t have any trouble finding the time to train, but how do you people manage?

I surf for a living hahahaha

Student

sound engineer

haven’t figured out how I’m going to train / cook food while on tour… but I will when the time comes I guess.

In 1972, I was sent to prison by a military court for a crime I didn’t commit. I promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, I survive as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find me, maybe you can hire…me.

contractor.
I do several things and i actually work for a living not this pussified type stuff you see people doing now adays.

Play Guitar.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
In 1972, I was sent to prison by a military court for a crime I didn’t commit. I promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, I survive as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find me, maybe you can hire…me.[/quote]

your scared of flying though.
gets kind of redundant to have to lie to you and drug you everytime I hire you for a job

[quote]boyscout wrote:
Play Guitar.[/quote]

are u in a band??

[quote]MaddyD wrote:
malonetd wrote:
In 1972, I was sent to prison by a military court for a crime I didn’t commit. I promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, I survive as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find me, maybe you can hire…me.

your scared of flying though.
gets kind of redundant to have to lie to you and drug you everytime I hire you for a job[/quote]

You better hush all that jibba jabba!

[quote]ghostofbellstar wrote:
boyscout wrote:
Play Guitar.

are u in a band??[/quote]

No. I play classical guitar. I teach, do weddings, private performances, and get paid to study guitar in a graduate (masters) music program.

last recital:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2C4F4A9DDB70E071

Student.

Rape and Pillage

aka Student

I defend my dissertation in about 10 days then I’ll have my Ph.D. in finance. 9 straight fucking years of school and it’s crazy to think I won’t be a student come this time in the fall. I’ll be on the other side of the fence controlling the fate of every little tike that signs up for my classes. Life is good…

Bango

[quote]jimmybango wrote:
I defend my dissertation in about 10 days then I’ll have my Ph.D. in finance. 9 straight fucking years of school and it’s crazy to think I won’t be a student come this time in the fall. I’ll be on the other side of the fence controlling the fate of every little tike that signs up for my classes. Life is good…

Bango[/quote]

I’ll be you in 8 years!

Oh yeah…and 5 years ago when I decided to pursue the career as a college professor, one of the main reasons I chose this profession is so I can train when I want. I can still usually get in there around noon or 1pm to hit my sessions. Fortunately, it is pretty rare that I have to go at prime times and train with all the fuckin loonies.

[quote]matko5 wrote:
jimmybango wrote:

Bango

I’ll be you in 8 years![/quote]

What is your degree in?

[quote]jimmybango wrote:
matko5 wrote:
jimmybango wrote:

Bango

I’ll be you in 8 years!

What is your degree in?

[/quote]

I’m studying physics and computer sciences (information management and programming). Mainly physics. Planning to get my Ph.D. in 8 years, that’s the lowest possible number unfortunately…

[quote]matko5 wrote:
jimmybango wrote:
matko5 wrote:
jimmybango wrote:

Bango

I’ll be you in 8 years!

What is your degree in?

I’m studying physics and computer sciences (information management and programming). Mainly physics. Planning to get my Ph.D. in 8 years, that’s the lowest possible number unfortunately…[/quote]

That’s awesome my man…It may seem like a long road, but if you stick it out you’ll be damn thankful when you reach the end. I sacrificed a lot to get to this point, as I’m sure you will too, but looking back I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Best of luck to you…and it’s funny because I’ve had to learn computer programming for my degree. Coming in I had never even heard of Fortran or SAS…now I’m a straight baller with that shit!

Bango

Thanks for good wishes! Best of luck to you too! =)