What Do You Define as Cardio?

I’m trying to fit in some cardio on my ‘off’ days, 20 minutes of fasted jogging (except for a protein shake) in the mornings, 2 or 3 times per week. This is to a speed that makes me pant a bit but not break a breathing pattern. I’ve used the search button and read a lot, but a lot of people seem to recommend ‘brisk walking’ etc as cardio.

Thing is, I already walk for a total of about 50 mins per day, spread out over the day to and from work, station etc. Is this, in combination with my jogging, going to ruin my muscle gaining desires? Or will it be OK as long as I eat more to compensate for the jogs?

I think you’ll be fine, I’ve never counted walking as cardio, I’d have to do it for hours on end for me to count it as cardio.

[quote]Maelstrom wrote:
I’m trying to fit in some cardio on my ‘off’ days, 20 minutes of fasted jogging (except for a protein shake) in the mornings, 2 or 3 times per week. This is to a speed that makes me pant a bit but not break a breathing pattern. I’ve used the search button and read a lot, but a lot of people seem to recommend ‘brisk walking’ etc as cardio.

Thing is, I already walk for a total of about 50 mins per day, spread out over the day to and from work, station etc. Is this, in combination with my jogging, going to ruin my muscle gaining desires? Or will it be OK as long as I eat more to compensate for the jogs?[/quote]

You’ve already given the answer. Eat enough and you’ll be fine.

cardio= anything you do for a sustained period of time where your heart rate is elevated to put it simply.

hell having some good old sex is cardio, more so for some than others.

Short rest periods= cardio

Yes, it will destroy all of your gains. The only times you should move are when you need to a) go from your couch to your fridge b)walk to and from your car on gym days.

When you are at the gym, DO NOT walk over to pick up the plates. Have some little high-school kid do that for you. Oh, and sex is alright if you must, but make sure she is on top! You don’t want to lose any of that hard earned muscle. If your friends ever invite you to a pick-up game of football, basketball, etc… just say NO! One more thing, lose that 20 min of cardio. Are you trying to be an Abercrombie model or something? geez, people…

Reracking my weights.