What Do you BB Military Press (No Leg Drive)?

Just curious, thats all

Weak shit- 135 strict press with a 185 push press and 235 bench (closer to 250 now).

Probably my most challenging lift.

175x3

Haven’t done a max - that was 7 weeks ago, though. Probably couldn’t do it now.

205x2. pretty sweeet for me i think lol

shoulder press 3X7X225. Okay more like 2X7 and 1X5.

Not enough standing presses in the gym today. Mark Rippetoe has been working to get it back to the status it deserves, ahead of the bench press. It is much better and more functional. For my programming, the bench press is nothing more than an assistance exercise for the press. That being said I can press 165. Looking to 200 as a goal.

My best is 3 sets of 215x3.

I do them seated, because if I do them standing I either use my legs or lean back to involve the chest too much.

You just need to get the form right. Pick up a copy of starting strength. I like to flex my quads to keep them from pushing. When you learn the correct way to push it will prevent too much lean back.

I can’t progress on standing military press at all, but my seated is 185lbsx3-4.

Some strong pressers in here.

I’ve just recently BARELY managed to get a strict 225x1 standing military, that was heavy as shit, too.

Always been a very brutal lift for me.

Hit 185x1 on the standing military press recently. Raw bench is 300. I alternate Military presses with Close-grip 4-board presses as my primary movement on my “Tricep Day”. I expect to hit 200 this summer and hope to get 225 by year’s end.

I believe the military press has become a kind of forgotten lift. Good it’s making a come back.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:

I’ve just recently BARELY managed to get a strict 225x1 standing military, that was heavy as shit, too.

Always been a very brutal lift for me.[/quote]

Same here man. I’ve benched over 4 and I’ll be fucked if I can do over 200 on a strict standing military press right now. Granted, I don’t train it at all.

Ive done 165 for a single.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:

[/quote]

LDO. It’s the internet!

I have the same problem with leaning back, so do them seated.

150x6 is my best at the moment.

Exactly 150 lbs, even though my plates are in kilograms :slight_smile:

Bench is 205 lbs, BW is 155 lbs.

I only ever really do push press. But I’ll do sets of 5 reps at 225. I don’t really like “strict press” as a comparison lift, because “strict” is pretty subjective.

Is this with the clean-up?
I do 5x5 at 75kg (168lbs)its the only exercise i use a belt for,the pressure gives me muscle soreness if i dont.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I only ever really do push press. But I’ll do sets of 5 reps at 225. I don’t really like “strict press” as a comparison lift, because “strict” is pretty subjective.[/quote]

Well, I think we can agree that, in this case, since the OP’s title says “No leg drive”, “strict” would refer to exactly that.

Still, push presses with 225 are pretty impressive.

But its no standing military 225 for 5 :wink:

[quote]Noodle_Arms wrote:
NewDamage wrote:

LDO. It’s the internet!
[/quote]

:frowning:

I’m not new to teh interwebz, but I don’t know what LDO means.