What do you all like to do other than train?

Matt, like you work, training and church take up most of my time. “Clintpatty” who posted earlier is actually one of my students in Sunday school. I’ve got three girls, 8,10,and 13 years old that keep us busy. The 8 and 10 year olds both play softball which means the wife and I help coach during the season. After that I have a '69 Camaro Z/28 and a '73 Camaro Z/28 that are both restored but still need tinkering on from time to time. I’m also in the project stage of building a VW powered rail buggy to take the kids off-road.

I invent things in my multipurpose shop. Woodwork, read, rock climb, shoot and hike. And help out in my community.

Well, for a few years now I don’t do anything else besides work and train. I spend all my money on supplements and steroids, spend all my time planning next cycles, thinking about training, reading research papers on medline about steroids and vitamins, or training in the gym. I don’t even care about women anymore. I am 5’6’’ 220lbs shredded so I guess I should stop and live life but I can’t, I am obsessed I guess. Maybe when I am around 300lbs with 4% bodyfat…

Savannah: Yes, I was serious. I prefer PVC though. Cheaper and easier to work with.

huck: Check this out: http://www.spudtech.com

I have a similar story to the one you related. If you want, I'll send it to you. It's a tad long for a post, but funny as all hell.

Anyone who wants to slam potato guns as recreational tools is, in my humble opinion, uncivilized.

Actually I just realized that I am not so hopeless. I have pets, hamsters. I even put one of them on steroid and training cycle because he was too small. I wrote about that in steroid board.

Ok, so Demo and I are up at my parent’s camp. Demo is talking about shooting potatos out into the lake. I roll my eyes and tell my mom that he wants to make a potato gun, fully expecting her to be on my side. She laughs and says how fun they are, and told him to be sure to bring it up with him. I can’t win…

*snicker*

I like to hunt a lot also. I’ve hunted alligators, deer, pigs, ducks, and geese. I also like to fish but I like hunting better. I’m just a Louisiana coon-ass.

When I have time off I generally hop in the car with all my music and go for a lazy drive. I can kill several hours like this very easily. It relaxes me more than any other activity i’ve found; just me, music and endless miles of Iowa fields.

hmmm…me??? Poker, Blackjack, and Softball

Gators, huh? What do you hunt them with? And how do you hunt them? How do they taste? Can you tell my interest is piqued?

Family and gardening in the summer. I can spend hours trimming, clipping, weeding, rearranging, pruning, moving flowers, etc. etc. Our house sits on about a half acre lot, so there’s always lots to do. I do want to add more flower beds because I hate to throw out perennials, but they all need cutting back. In the winter I don’t have any spare time at all because I am a teacher and always have tons of work to do at home–marking and preparing lessons. The family is lucky to get fed and to have clean clothes during the school year. I must say, though, that I love spending time with my kids–just talking, hanging about the kitchen, playing cards, kidding around. It’s the best! And, I’m thrilled that they still enjoy kicking around with me and their dad. They’re all teens now so we know we won’t have them around for too much longer. Gotta enjoy them while they’re here!

Hey, I want to get a drumset. I am afraid my left hand isn’t terribly coordinated, though. Did you ever have that problem before you started drumming? Also, how did you learn to play the drums?

I like to cook (I watch waayyyy too much Food Network). I used to love art, but 4 years of art school burnt me out and I haven’t drawn anything in years.

I like to fish for salmon and stealhead, play around in my kitchen, and now that I have some time I intend to get back into the fight game. Randy Couture just opened up a school here in Portland.

Actually i’m a pretty coordinated person. For the most part I am ambedextrious (sp?). Which I cannot even explain how much easier that made it for me. I actually started out playing right-handed, then switched to left-handed after tooling around for a while. My nextdoor neighbor taught me how to play, I got maybe 6 or 7 lessons from him. Unlike many other instruments, learning to play the drums is just a lot of experimenting done on your own. The coordination will come over time, it is not easy whatsoever to get all 4 limbs to do something different at the same time. If you have anymore questions you can IM me at DerekLUAXP or just ask on here.

Watching movies with the wife and playing with my 13 month old son. Not much time with school, work and training.

Got some time to read? Here we go. I’ve been playing piano for 3 years (mostly classical, getting good too.) I am learning to play the guitar. I was playing college level hockey (but I graduated,) and rec level lax. I practice choi kwang do (a spin off of tae kwan do and muay tai) I just received my 2nd degree black belt. I coach youth boxing at a local gym, (used to box but career ended because I broke my neck.) I do a lot of driving with the top down while just listening to music, mostly near the water (annapolis.) I love the water and I am in the process of buying a new boat. (10 meter trojan.) I do a lot with my girlfriend, especially training or just working on our house. Since my accident I have only one job instead of 3, so I see her a lot more, and I get to hang out with my dog too. I am always having friends over for a cookout or party or just for dinner, and I spend a lot of time just shooting the shit with my training partner or my 15 year old brother. I competition shoot (200 meter AR 15) and hunt. Not necessarily because I enjoy it per say, but so I have something to do with father. It’s more about bonding/spending time with him than the actual activity. I play football with my friends and cousins on saturdays for practice. They are on a semi-pro team, but I never actually play in any games that count because they practice 4 days a week and travel, and I can’t. I just show up to help them out in scrimmage games. I mountain bike every Sunday with the same group of people. I begin graduate school this fall for my masters degree in Information Systems, and I am helping my mom with her studies to become an MCSE. (It’s never too late to go back to school.) Guess that’s it. Pretty lame huh? :wink:

I love to play golf, I can keep my temper under control so it is a very relaxing activity for me. I also like to run ( although that could be considered training), reading, and spending time with my two year old daughter.

Not in any particular order of interest or frequency: hiking, spending time with my kid, fishing, wine collecting/tasting, antiquing, hanging our with friends, dancing, camping, hanging out on a friend’s boat, entertaining/hostessing friend’s get-togethers, sewing, church, cooking/baking, borrowing a friend’s yard for gardening purposes (benefits include a rare indulgence - nude sunbathing. why the hell don’t they have public places for that in land-locked states?), reading, propigating my houseplants, knitting. It’s a wild and exciting life I lead, full of danger and suspense.

“Oh, I don’t know. Play chess, screw.” -Gene Wilder, ‘Blazing Saddles’