What Do They Hope to Accomplish?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:

I really just cannot understand what they hope to gain.Every action of this sort just strengthens the resolve of the West.

“Resolve?” Heh. The West is tripping over itself to lose. And I’m of the mind that US would do best to watch it’s borders and let the rest of the “West” worry about the dysfunctional middle-east. Pfft, resolve. Maybe if we were talking about fighting for enviromentalism, establishing multiculturalism, and protecting the civil rights of enemy combatants (to the extent that our own citizens enjoy)…yeah, we have resolve in those areas. We have the resolve to be a materialistic, soft, aging, and self gratification seeking population. But to win against a foe filled with a “warrior spirit?” Hah!

You do realize Neuro was probably talking about “the resolve” to defend freedom of expression, right?

Ok…You need to point this out, why?

Because you wrote “the West is tripping over itself to lose” which is clearly not the case. Denmark will not stand for this terrorism shit and you know it. You then go into a rant about the evils of environmentalism, civil rights and multiculturalism and try to spin this into some sort of civilizations’ clash.

In other words, you attacked Neuro’s truism by erecting, yet again, a giant strawman.[/quote]

It’s not the case? Denmark will not stand for it? Uh-oh, look out Islamists! Denmark and the West don’t have the resolve, period. And, earth to Lixy, it is a clash of civilizations. Religiously inspired zealots clashing with the soft, decadent, “we’re so sorry, we don’t meant to offend. And we probably brought it upon ourselves” west. In the long run, I have my money on the Islamists. The West no longer has the warrior spirit and fortitude for anything outside of court trials, marches, and candle light vigils.

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:

I really just cannot understand what they hope to gain.Every action of this sort just strengthens the resolve of the West.[/quote]

I am just surprised it took this long. I guess they seek the disdain of the world, which they pretty much already have. It won’t be the last, after all what better reason to kill people than a cartoon. Look for the Dutch embassies and interests to be bombed too. They are particularly vulnerable in Africa, where they moved their polluting industries after signing the Kyoto treaty. Nothing it secure in Africa.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:

I really just cannot understand what they hope to gain.Every action of this sort just strengthens the resolve of the West.

“Resolve?” Heh. The West is tripping over itself to lose. And I’m of the mind that US would do best to watch it’s borders and let the rest of the “West” worry about the dysfunctional middle-east. Pfft, resolve. Maybe if we were talking about fighting for enviromentalism, establishing multiculturalism, and protecting the civil rights of enemy combatants (to the extent that our own citizens enjoy)…yeah, we have resolve in those areas. We have the resolve to be a materialistic, soft, aging, and self gratification seeking population. But to win against a foe filled with a “warrior spirit?” Hah!

You do realize Neuro was probably talking about “the resolve” to defend freedom of expression, right?

Ok…You need to point this out, why?

Because you wrote “the West is tripping over itself to lose” which is clearly not the case. Denmark will not stand for this terrorism shit and you know it. You then go into a rant about the evils of environmentalism, civil rights and multiculturalism and try to spin this into some sort of civilizations’ clash.

In other words, you attacked Neuro’s truism by erecting, yet again, a giant strawman.

It’s not the case? Denmark will not stand for it? Uh-oh, look out Islamists! Denmark and the West don’t have the resolve, period. And, earth to Lixy, it is a clash of civilizations. Religiously inspired zealots clashing with the soft, decadent, “we’re so sorry, we don’t meant to offend. And we probably brought it upon ourselves” west. In the long run, I have my money on the Islamists. The West no longer has the warrior spirit and fortitude for anything outside of court trials, marches, and candle light vigils.[/quote]

Don’t be such a defeatist.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
It’s not the case? Denmark will not stand for it? Uh-oh, look out Islamists! [/quote]

You’re now slipping into stupid-domain.

Once more, the orginal point was about freedom of expression and the chances that such attack will change in any way the “resolve” of Danes to defend it.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
It’s not the case? Denmark will not stand for it? Uh-oh, look out Islamists!

Once more, the orginal point was about freedom of expression and the chances that such attack will change in any way the “resolve” of Danes to defend it.[/quote]

Are you being deliberatlely ignorant? I know this! And, I seriously question their resolve. What is with you today? Go back to bed and try again tomorrow.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Once more, the orginal point was about freedom of expression and the chances that such attack will change in any way the “resolve” of Danes to defend it.[/quote]

Yeah, they’ll waggle their pointy wooden shoes at Pakistan…

[quote]Sloth wrote:
lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Once more, the orginal point was about freedom of expression and the chances that such attack will change in any way the “resolve” of Danes to defend it.

Are you being deliberatlely ignorant? I know this! And, I seriously question their resolve. What is with you today? Go back to bed and try again tomorrow.[/quote]

Why are you bothering?

[quote]pat wrote:
lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Yeah, they’ll waggle their pointy wooden shoes at Pakistan…[/quote]

You’re probably thinking of the Netherlands.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Are you being deliberatlely ignorant? I know this! And, I seriously question their resolve. What is with you today? Go back to bed and try again tomorrow.[/quote]

Resolve? I think it is more down to earth things that define the outcome of things. Last I heard, the figure for unemployment in Denmark is 1,8%. The danish person who told it to me is known from his tendency to exaggerate, though. Anyway, the percentage must be low.
Danes are a poor example for Islam intimidation. If you want to stop a dane from smoking and drinking, you have to kill him. So, yes, the islamits might be on the right track. They have to kill all the danes.

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:

You’re probably thinking of the Netherlands.[/quote]

Perhaps, I do remember Heineken being sold in pointy wooden shoes.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:

At every turn, you’d expect us to believe that the teachings of your religion are irrelevant to the violence perpetrated by adherents of your religion and that we really are at peace with one another. It’s like you’d have us believe we’re all not living in the world we see with our own lying eyes.

Very, very well put.

And very, very true.[/quote]

double ditto.

[quote]pat wrote:
lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Perhaps, I do remember Heineken being sold in pointy wooden shoes.[/quote]

Heine’s Dutch. It is Carlsberg that’s Danish.

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Perhaps, I do remember Heineken being sold in pointy wooden shoes.

Heine’s Dutch. It is Carlsberg that’s Danish.[/quote]

Yes, that’s what I was saying. Carlsberg ain’t bad and it’s cheaper, but both are to heavy for the summer.

Boy, I am going to have a heart attack and die from that surprise.