What Do The Mods Think?

This may seem a bit off the wall, but does anybody beside me ever what the mods think sometimes? I’m guessing, but they probably do their work from their house and are rarely in the same room together while screeing our posts before sending them on so they might not get to talk about it while it’s happening, but I can’t help wondering what they think sometimes.

I’m sure they’re all different, but do they say to themselves “on no, not this asshole again” or “cool, so and so’s on, I always like his(her) posts”. What do they think of the flame wars that rage from time to time? Do the girls sometimes feel like washing their hands after posting something one of guys said? Do the guys ever wonder if the girls are like that in real life? I wonder if they think the same people are as funny as I do. I wonder if I sometimes have too much time on my hands on Sunday nights.

I bet all of the above.

Nice to know I’m not the only one w/ no life on a Sunday night. LOL!!

I’ll eagerly await answers from mods now. hehehehe

“'Cause I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely, or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven’t got a clue
But let me start by saying, I love you …”

Oh, that’s Lionel Ritchie. Sorry.

I wonder the same thing. I wonder if they call each other and say, “You gotta see this post. What a retard!”

They couldn’t possibly be saying that about my posts. Right guys? Guys?

What do I think?

I think I’ll slip into something more comfortable.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
This may seem a bit off the wall, but does anybody beside me ever what the mods think sometimes? I’m guessing, but they probably do their work from their house and are rarely in the same room together while screeing our posts before sending them on so they might not get to talk about it while it’s happening, but I can’t help wondering what they think sometimes.

I’m sure they’re all different, but do they say to themselves “on no, not this asshole again” or “cool, so and so’s on, I always like his(her) posts”. What do they think of the flame wars that rage from time to time? Do the girls sometimes feel like washing their hands after posting something one of guys said? Do the guys ever wonder if the girls are like that in real life? I wonder if they think the same people are as funny as I do. I wonder if I sometimes have too much time on my hands on Sunday nights.

I bet all of the above.[/quote]

I don’t think the mods get enough thanks…or at least sympathy.
When see post like “which t-vixens take it in the pooper”…I want to personally call each T-Nation mod and tell them I appreciate their work.

Seriously, the mods on this site are great. They are quick to reply when you have a tech question or when there is a problem with one of your post.

I say we have a T-Nation Mod Appreciation Day. Now I’m going to go post a pic on the “Asian Vixen” thread.

After seeing that, Burt, I think I need to go harness my chi and then throw up in my mouth a little.

Zen

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
I’m sure they’re all different, but do they say to themselves “on no, not this asshole again” [/quote]

I got that feeling a lot, especially with the amount of posts I make in a night sometimes. And also with the authors/strength coaches too, having to answer tons of questions after possibly getting a feel for certain posters and maybe not liking them, but having to remain professional.

I also feel bad for all the pics they must see without much warning. Remember, they still have to see the crap that doesn’t get through, and I’ve seen some pretty gory or gross ones come through.

I second the idea of a mod appreciation day.

Edit: After editing a grammar error in my post, I just thought how annoying it must be to keep having to send posts through a second, third, or more times due to editing…

[quote]nolecat wrote:

When see post like “which t-vixens take it in the pooper”…[/quote]

So which ones do?

I kid I kid…

Let’s see if I can type while my eyes are hemorrhaging…

I’m guessing at least one of the mods is as sick and twisted as the rest of us clowns… no worries.

Umm, the part of my brain where optic images are imprinted… Can I reach that through my left temple with an ice-pick?

[quote]Mod BurtReynolds wrote:
I think I’ll slip into something more comfortable.[/quote]

Not again!

Random picture review has its ups and downs.

I tried to post a photo of a nekkid elderly woman, and I think I gave the mod who had to filter it a laugh.

This thread made my Sunday night!

Okay, I’ll respond for myself…

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

I’m sure they’re all different, but do they say to themselves “on no, not this asshole again” or “cool, so and so’s on, I always like his(her) posts”. [/quote]

I’ve NEVER said anyone’s an ah*. Okay, maybe a few dozens times. :wink:

And yes, I have to admit to being happy when certain people post during my shift. Some posters make me laugh out loud (I love to laugh!) and some people make me happy when they give helpful advice and some people I’d love to meet just cause they seem so darn nice.

[quote]
What do they think of the flame wars that rage from time to time? [/quote]

I like discussions but hate when it gets to name calling. Some flames make me laugh, especially the shoe/bodyfat thread.

[quote]
Do the girls sometimes feel like washing their hands after posting something one of guys said?[/quote]

LOL. So far I’ve never had to wash my hands after any posts. Not much shocks me.

[quote]
Do the guys ever wonder if the girls are like that in real life?[/quote]
Even though I’m not a guy, I do wonder.

Probably. To me, I LOVE a person with a great sense of humor.

[quote]
I wonder if I sometimes have too much time on my hands on Sunday nights.[/quote]

I think you started a great thread…so when do we get that appreciation day? I’m just worried what everyone will be posting to show their appreciation. :wink:

[quote]
I bet all of the above.[/quote]

[quote]Mod Laurie wrote:
Not much shocks me.
[/quote]

Oh really?

[quote]Mod BurtReynolds wrote:
What do I think?

I think I’ll slip into something more comfortable.[/quote]

Mod BurtReynolds, put your clothes on!

[quote]Mod Laurie wrote:
[/quote]
I’m sure he is planning on another so called Cannonball Run through the cube farm first.

Good thread Tirib…I’ve wondered these things too.

Thanks for the responses, so far. Hmmm…“mod Appreciation day”.

Maybe we should spam the whole board with horrible pictures and stupid comments on that day. =P

Oh wait…that’s the same as every day,huh? =D

Do Mod’s posts go through automatically or do other Mods have to review them?

I’ve always wanted to start a thread like this, because well, this site wouldn’t be quite as cool if our mods weren’t the shit.

So, how do you guys decide to leave the words “low-carb gow” in a post and when do you decide to change “low-carb grow” into “metabolic drive”? Excuse my lack of exclaimation points after Grow! :wink:

We all I think appreciate the job they do, and I hope they have as much fun here as we do.

[quote]Mod Laurie wrote:
Mod BurtReynolds wrote:
What do I think?

I think I’ll slip into something more comfortable.

[/quote]

Dress code wasn’t a part of the job description. You’ll have this and you’ll like it. :slight_smile:

I’ve often wondered this too. It has to be funny sometimes.
Other times, maybe not.