What Do I Need to Work On?

[quote]plasticfish004 wrote:
Hey, I am 20 years old and have been currently working out for a bout 1.5 years. I went from 176 w/18% body fat to 149 w/9%. I am now currently 158 with about 12% bf. Should I bulk? Should I cut… I don’t really know. Putting lbs on me is a pretty tough task and even when i had low bf i still seemed to have a little belly. What do you guys think?[/quote]

I say work on your tan, and then make your bed before you piss off your mother.

Do you see that tub of supplements on the shelve in the top right hand corner? Yes?

Right, eat all that in one go and then pop down the shops and buy a load of real food. capisce?

Don’t get suckered in by all the BS about supplements, on this site or any. Eat dude good food, lift right and regulary and you will build a good body.

No reason way not.

Here is a suggestion, look the mirror. I find that I am my own worst critic, and that fuels my desire to bust ass in the gym. I�??m going to sound like a broken record �?�.but " Go to the beginners forum, learn the importance of nutrition and lastly don�??t post pics( well at least hold off until you break 210lbs or so) Best of luck in your endeavors.

Worse and worse.

Did you rearrange the shelf with the tub of cyto-sport whey on it between shots? Awesome.

advise:

get a personal trainer to get you started off on the right foot. there’s nothing wrong with getting one, i did to start myself off cause the last thing you want to do is work out wrong cause you’re either going to A. hurt yourself or B you won’t get any results. just my advise.

[quote]plasticfish004 wrote:
Should I bulk? Should I cut… I don’t really know [/quote]

Hilarious!

I’m by no means a big guy compared to some of these bodybuilders but when I first started lifting, I was 130lbs and now I’m 205lbs. I’m a hardgainer most likely like you are so I can understand the frustration of not being able to put on muscle and weight easily.

You need to eat every 2 to 3 hrs. Meals should consist of as much carbs as you can eat and at least 50 grams of protein. Basically, you need to feel like you’re going to puke after every meal. For working out, again hit the weights hard and heavy (without hurting yourself that is). Don’t necessarly worry about the high reps yet. Keep reps around 4 to 6. You should see the gains you want.

[quote]whitedime wrote:
why do you guys blank out your faces?[/quote]

Because such pictures can be used against him someday?

To the OP, you already look small, don’t cut.

[quote]brian9955 wrote:
advise:

get a personal trainer to get you started off on the right foot. there’s nothing wrong with getting one, i did to start myself off cause the last thing you want to do is work out wrong cause you’re either going to A. hurt yourself or B you won’t get any results. just my advise.[/quote]

DO NOT EVER hire a personal trainer.
Unless its CT or Charles Poliquin !
And EVEN then

Strap yourself to the squat rack and call back in a year, k?

Where should you work on? I’m no expert, but you should work on lifting weights.

[quote]marathe wrote:
Did you rearrange the shelf with the tub of cyto-sport whey on it between shots? Awesome.[/quote]

i think he tried to get a protein pump in between shots.

on a serious note: you’re very small. You have an OK base to start with but you have a long way to go. Gorge down high protein foods, eat lots of carbs and fats. Train hard, be consistent and get some sleep.

Take this guy as an example: http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1727008

130 to 180 (lean, 203 bulk) in a year and so.

[quote]Hussayn wrote:

Take this guy as an example: http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1727008

130 to 180 (lean, 203 bulk) in a year and so.[/quote]

Shameless self-promotion Hussayn.

lol i really hate talking about myself but it is a good example.

[quote]1morerep wrote:
um…everything?[/quote]

Did you know someone stole your name. Just thought you should know.

[quote]Hussayn wrote:
lol i really hate talking about myself but it is a good example. [/quote]

I checked out your transformation bud, nice work.

Back in 1999, I was 6’2" and 178lbs soaking wet - the proverbial “hard-gainer.” Hell, I didn’t know the first thing about training.

I’m 38 today, and have literally busted my ass to get where I’m at, a solid 220 lbs. I’m actually in better shape now than I was in my twenties and still look young.

If you could bottle hardwork, everyone would look good. I love the alternative…

then we wouldn’t know what good looks are because there would be no ugly people. right? :slight_smile:

but you should post your my space shots in rate my physique. I wanna know what 220 build you speak of.

holy mass.

i checked your profile pics, in the second one you look jacked! :slight_smile:

good work man especially for your age.

learn about weight lifting ect in beginner section?