T Nation

What Do I Do with This Creatine/NO Stuff?

Hi guys,

Well, my training goals have changed and I fell into the typical noob trap of walking into a supplements store and was talked into buying a few products.
I KNOW I KNOW!!!

But regardless I am interested in trying the products I got to see what I can achieve.
I know everybody is loving the new Thibs protocol etc, but I kind of want to try my own thing and experiment a bit, plus Biotest products are hard to come by here.

I want to keep this as general as possible to avoid being burnt/and or asked for pics/stats, so for all intents and purposes i’m a beginner when it comes to training/nutirion.
I’ve been training for around 10 months and I have made awesome changes in my body and lost heaps of weight/cut up nicely with a bit of muscle as well…

SO. Where to from here?
Straight to the point i’ve been using MRI Black Powder as a pre workout supp for about 4 weeks now and it’s been awesome.
I feel great through my workouts and i’m really focussed and don’t fatigue as easily.
With this i’ve been taking a regular WHEY iso as my protein supp.
Today I bought BSN CELLMASS on recommendation from a friend and i’m now trying to workout how I can make this into some sort of decent stack/cycle.

The dude at the shop I bought the cellmass from told me to stop taking black powder now I have this but he knew f-all in general so I’m not sure if that’s even relevant.

My question is, from the experienced guys, should I just keep using the MRI pre workout and use the recommended 2 servings a day of CELLMASS as per the package?
Or is this too much creatine?
Should I pack in the MRI BP now and just use the CELLMASS post workout for the recommended cycle?
I really want to give this a good try and not mess up/waste my money (which I may already have done)…

Any thoughts/comments are welcome…as I am pretty new to this and come from a protein shake and clean foods only background.

If I left anything out i’m sorry but yeah… i’m new to this!

I didn’t really read most of your post, too many words.

I’m not familiar with either of those products, sorry. Could you post links to nutritional facts?

You don’t need to worry about too much creatine when talking about these dosages.

Keep taking what makes you feel best. From now until you run out, keep reading about workout nutrition. Once you do run out, you should have a better grasp of the concept, and can make better purchase decisions.

Also, most intelligent lifters know that you online buy supplements online, whether it is from Biotest or another company. Because a storefront has so much overhead, the prices are just too ridiculous. It’s okay, you’re new, and now is your time to learn.

[quote]RicciR wrote:

My question is, from the experienced guys, should I just keep using the MRI pre workout and use the recommended 2 servings a day of CELLMASS as per the package?
Or is this too much creatine?[/quote]

how can we tell you if its too much creatine if we dont know how much it is. find the grams of creatine per serving and do the math. hell defining “too much creatine” is a matter of debate, some will load it others will use 5g a day. some people wont waste tbeir money on it.

if your new creatine and such shouldnt be as much your concern as getting your diet on point.

hey im pretty sure cellmass has around 3gs of creatine per serve so 2 servings a day plus whatever is in black powder wont be too bad, i say keep using them both together, just make sure your drinking enough water with them so u can benefit.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
I didn’t really read most of your post, too many words.

I’m not familiar with either of those products, sorry. Could you post links to nutritional facts?

You don’t need to worry about too much creatine when talking about these dosages.

Keep taking what makes you feel best. From now until you run out, keep reading about workout nutrition. Once you do run out, you should have a better grasp of the concept, and can make better purchase decisions.

Also, most intelligent lifters know that you online buy supplements online, whether it is from Biotest or another company. Because a storefront has so much overhead, the prices are just too ridiculous. It’s okay, you’re new, and now is your time to learn. [/quote]

Thanks very much for the reply.

I figured it was ok seeing as most people talk about stacking things like NO EXPLODE with CELLMASS as a good combo, and NO EXPLODE is basically the same thing as black powder from what I can understand.

Here are the stats.

CELLMASS - http://store.bsnonline.net/supplement_facts/cellmass.html

BLACK POWDER - http://www.mri-performance.com/blackpowder.php (Details tab)

To be honest, I really can’t make out how many actual grams of creatine are in them…:frowning:

Sorry guys, I don’t mean to be frustrating but I really need some help.

[quote]danielbasic wrote:
hey im pretty sure cellmass has around 3gs of creatine per serve so 2 servings a day plus whatever is in black powder wont be too bad, i say keep using them both together, just make sure your drinking enough water with them so u can benefit.[/quote]

Cheers mate,

I figured that was the case, I’m just a bit nervous about it.

To be honest as per the above I can’t actually see how many grams are in each.
I’ll keep looking…

[quote]Deorum wrote:
RicciR wrote:

Or is this too much creatine?

how can we tell you if its too much creatine if we dont know how much it is. find the grams of creatine per serving and do the math. hell defining “too much creatine” is a matter of debate, some will load it others will use 5g a day. some people wont waste tbeir money on it.

If I left anything out i’m sorry but yeah… i’m new to this!

if your new creatine and such shouldnt be as much your concern as getting your diet on point.

[/quote]

Thanks for replying.

I totally understand what you mean by getting the diet right.
However, I feel I’ve done this effectively over the last year i’ve been eating clean, playing with my calories and my macro intakes keeping a FITDAY journal…
I’ve lost over 20KGs and put on a good amount of muscle, so I feel i’m reasonably justified in adding in some supplements to experiement.

The black powder was a success obviously because it’s been helping me to give 110% to my workouts regardless of how I feel going in.
Having said that, I feel this was a good progression given that prior to this I was sans pre workout supp and I was giving 110% naturally regardless of how I felt, so the black powder has been icing on the cake.

I’m just thinking that doing a course of the CELLMASS will help me ontop of my already good habits.

[quote]RicciR wrote:

I want to keep this as general as possible to avoid being burnt/and or asked for pics/stats, so for all intents and purposes i’m a beginner when it comes to training/nutirion[/quote]

Then the first thing you need to do is get your diet under control. No amount of supps is going to help you reach your goals if your diet consists of bologna sandwiches and cheetos.

From the information provided in the links, here’s the deal.

Black powder - less than 2 grams of creatine. The ‘boost’ you feel is from the caffeine, taurine and B-vitamins. This stuff is really just an energy drink with enough ‘workout nutrition’ stuff in it to be marketed as a supplement.

Cellmass - looks like about 3.5g of usable creatine. Some cinnamon extract to improve insulin response. And it’s got electrolytes! It does also have some glutamine.

So to get the same effect as both of these, take 3g of creatine daily (a 1kg tub is a year’s supply, the stuff is cheap), cycle it 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off (or 4 and 1). Put some cinnamon in your oatmeal. Take some glutamine. And drink a red bull before your workout.