What Did YOU Have For a PW Meal?

Today I was feeling dirty, so after a righteous back/bi workout, I downed my recovery shake, then about 1 1/2 hours later I ate a 16oz Sirloin steak, 2 whole eggs, 2 turkey sausage patties, 3 pieces canadian bacon, 3 strips turkey bacon, and a whole wheat waffle w/ blueberries and ANPB. Yummmmmmmmmm. Did I mention im cutting?

So how’s that cutting going? I’m guessing pretty slow.

3/4 can of blackbeans
1 chicken breast
1 cup of mixed vegetables(corn,peas,carrots,greenbeans, lima beans)
dash of vinegar as per new tip from food magic x5

It’s funny I was just about to start a thread like this. What should your post workout meal look like for carbs cals and protein. I try to eat 7 times a day with 550-600 cals per meal. Should my pwo meal be higher than 5-600? What’s the protein to carb ratio I should be looking for pwo. This is only my second day back at the gym and I have a chicken pot pie in the oven which is 500 cals with a bunch of carbs but only 14 grams of protein. With this and a glass of milk should I be good to go?

[quote]A-Town Crown wrote:
It’s funny I was just about to start a thread like this. What should your post workout meal look like for carbs cals and protein. I try to eat 7 times a day with 550-600 cals per meal. Should my pwo meal be higher than 5-600? What’s the protein to carb ratio I should be looking for pwo. This is only my second day back at the gym and I have a chicken pot pie in the oven which is 500 cals with a bunch of carbs but only 14 grams of protein. With this and a glass of milk should I be good to go?[/quote]

Biggest meal of the day next along with breakfast.

People say P+C is best Im finding P+C+good F to work for me.

Pot pie and milk. Not the greatest peice of crap food but its something.

As for minje yesterday.

imediate after. 2 yoghurts

Then drove home.
Had the Thia gal downstairs whip up a big plate of Cashew Chicken and brown rice, ate that then a can of Tuna with olive oil and half a smallish watermelon.

[quote]purdiver wrote:
So how’s that cutting going? I’m guessing pretty slow.[/quote]

Watch out folks, we’ve got a real stickler for details… Nothing gets by this guy.

Chicken Fli-Lice:
6 oz chopped chiken breast
6 oz organic broccoli florets
3 oz (dry) basmati brown rice

In ziplock bag, combine chicken with fresh garlic, red pepper flakes, and 1 tsp soy sauce. Vigorously shake and pour into hot pan (med-high). Stir-fry until cooked through, add broccoli stirring for 30 sec., and pour over cooked rice.

wendy’s

oatmeal, banana, plain yogurt and protein powder with pure cocoa on top!

I have about a 15 minute drive to home from the gym, so I always stop and get a pint of chocolate milk and pop tarts…I don’t know how great of a meal that is, but it gets the job done and by the time I’m home I’m not shaking like I would be if I didn’t eat anything at all.

my PW meals-

ice cream and chicken breast.

I know you guys will be like WTF?!? but hey why take 70g of pure sugar in dextrose when i can get some ice cream which tastes a hell of alot better… sure there’s some extra fat, but it motivates to work harder knowing that i will “earn” myself a treat later.

[quote]deapee wrote:
I have about a 15 minute drive to home from the gym, so I always stop and get a pint of chocolate milk and pop tarts…I don’t know how great of a meal that is, but it gets the job done and by the time I’m home I’m not shaking like I would be if I didn’t eat anything at all.[/quote]

Are you kidding?

Anyway, great thread. I was wondering what you guys eat after a morning session. I’m about to start a double split and I don’t really want to be eating what I usually eat PWO.

30g protein worth of Trder Joe’s BBQ chicken
2 cups rice
3oz Broccoli
3oz Bean Sprouts
some Hot Sauce
12g added fat from Saw Palmetto, Fish Oil and CLA.

I was looking for something like the Oatmeal some one posted.

Today was a huge plate of pasta with ground beef. A few servings of brocolli and an apple.

Wokfull of chicken stir-fry, rice, fruit, milk

[quote]El_Animal wrote:

Anyway, great thread. I was wondering what you guys eat after a morning session. I’m about to start a double split and I don’t really want to be eating what I usually eat PWO.

30g protein worth of Trder Joe’s BBQ chicken
2 cups rice
3oz Broccoli
3oz Bean Sprouts
some Hot Sauce
12g added fat from Saw Palmetto, Fish Oil and CLA.

I was looking for something like the Oatmeal some one posted.[/quote]

Mine was morning but i dont think of food as morning night etc. Heck ill have bacon and eggs at night as much as I would stir fry and rice for breakfast. What sounds good and fill the need of the time.

immediately PWO:
2 scoops Surge

a bit later:
A1) double doubles protein style x 2
superset
A2) 24 oz heineken x 2

[quote]Phill wrote:

Mine was morning but i dont think of food as morning night etc. Heck ill have bacon and eggs at night as much as I would stir fry and rice for breakfast. What sounds good and fill the need of the time.
[/quote]

I feel the same about food, it doesnt matter what time of day it is, I eat whatever is appropriate.

I have about 30 - 40 mins from when I finish training in the morning to when I can eat a solid meal, which is too long for me, so I have a P+C Shake immediately after training (60g Pro + 100g Carb) and than an hour after that is my first real meal of the day which is usually some combintation of meat, vegies and rice done with some bizarre flavourings in the slow cooker.

I ate a whole chicken and a pitcher of beer after doing my squat workout in the forest. Wunderbar!

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
I ate a whole chicken and a pitcher of beer after doing my squat workout in the forest. Wunderbar![/quote]

Ive no idea why but that is the funniest thing Ive read all day!

[quote]El_Animal wrote:
Are you kidding?
[/quote]

What’s wrong with pop tarts and chocolate milk? Figured that’s some carbs, sugar, and like 20 grams of protein nice and quick before I even get home…and no, I’m not kidding.