What Did you Get?

PS3

[quote]malonetd wrote:
A zeppelin.[/quote]

Nice use of “A Christmas Story” refence.

I got a Citizen Calibre 2100 and a parka from Eddie Bauer.

[quote]grappler_123 wrote:
Ok, so I had a great Christmas. Best one in years. I bought my wife a new car (G35x), so she decided to send us to debt hell on my gifts, but oh well.

I got a three-tier Craftsman multi-drawer tool cabinet, with a removable top box to toss in my truck when I take the bike to the track, plus liners and new locks.

Then she got me a bunch of tools. 192 piece metric and standard craftsman wrench and socket set, a 27 piece craftsman screwdriver set, and a 20 piece B&D drill bit sit.

And then I got a Packers cap, some nice thick boot socks, some gift cards, some new coasters for my non-existent-but-soon-to-be-built-with-my-new-tools bar that say “Derek’s Bar”, and a couple nights in a whirlpool suite with the wifey.

The baller part is I really needed new tools, my old Walmart Stanleys just arent holding up anymore, and the tool cabinet just kicks ass.

Who doesnt want a tool cabinet (filled with new tools) on big-ass wheels in their garage? And who doesnt like a few new pairs of nice, thick warm socks?

Just a great Christmas. [/quote]

You got her a car?!?!?! THAT’S ALL??? Just one gift?!?!?

You don’t love her.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

You don’t love her.[/quote]

lol. I got her an ipod nano to use with the car too.

she got two gifts. i didnt even wrap them. i was like “woman, here’s your gifts, now get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich.”

Trip to Miami (hubby)
Rock Band 2 (hubby)
Bathrobe (mom)
Broken candle, soaps, and a perfume sample (really!) (inlaws)

6th row seats for the bruins/flyers in beantown feb 6, beeeeeyotches

i’d give milan lucic a handbanger

Garmin portable GPS for my car.

Ipod Touch
Lulu lemon hoodie, and two pairs of lulu pants
Money
New headphones for the ipod
Itunes card
Cosmetics
Socks
Shampoo
Gift cards to the mall
2 CD’s Beck and The Raconteurs

PS3 along with Rock Band 2 for the fiancee’ and I.

But the beat all end all was the Paella pan I got from the future Mother-in-Law. Crazy good gift.

RCBS digital scale and powder measure for reloading (an invaluable gift indeed as it this part of the process is excruciatingly slow with a balance scale only). Also a pretty bad ass paint ball gun all from my loving Lady which I’ll be using New Years day.

A beautiful picture of a Crow Indian Warrior from my folks to hang in my office. Nice shirts and a book on gun history from the kids. A beautiful Australian horse saddle from my dad. A pretty awesome Christmas for the family all in all.

D

Ok well I didn’t really want anything except shirts from people since I’m sick of stretching my old Larges before I put them on and I’m too lazy to go buy new ones. I had about enough XLs to last me one week, which meant I was wearing the same ones every week. So I told everyone that asked that I wanted XL t-shirts or dress shirts for work.

Anyway I got:

15+ t-shirts and 2 sweaters from the GF
2 dress shirts and a thermal from Mom
2-3 t-shirts from sister
2 really nice knives (one is a custom Spyderco) and $100 from Dad

I think I’m set on shirts for now…for a few months anyway until I need the next size. :wink:

32" Philips LCD HDTV from ME
PS3 w/ Fallout 3 and Oblivion from ME
Sony AV Receiver to make surround sound work with PS3 from ME

I’ve been working LOTS of OT the last couple months and sold all my home gym equipment so I decided to treat myself this Christmas. =)

Would’ve asked for some blu ray movies if I knew I would be buying PS3 on Christmas Eve…lol

[quote]grappler_123 wrote:
imhungry wrote:

You don’t love her.

lol. I got her an ipod nano to use with the car too.

she got two gifts. i didnt even wrap them. i was like “woman, here’s your gifts, now get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich.”

[/quote]

Oh, ok. That changes everything.

Did you throw the ipod at her while demanding your sammich?

I got a guitar and a learn to play metal guitar DVD; I am going to be a rock star when I grow up.

Pleo

[quote]jchenky wrote:

Itunes card

[/quote]

The pants are a gift to us guys, too. I thank whoever gave you those.
Secondly, is the itunes card for getting songs? or other things on the site? just wondering.

What I got:
Fight Club, 300 DVDs
Money
Gift Cards
Ipod nano
clothing from abercr…I mean LRG which I love
Books
Synergy hockey stick
and more clothing

very good Christmas this year!

I specifically ask for either (1) stuff I can send to a soldier I ‘adopted’ in Iraq or (2) money, to send to my daughter’s orphanage in China. They buy the kids little toys and blankets, stuff like that. I don’t want any presents for myself.

So they chipped in and I can now send the soldier a new pair of top-quality boots (they only get 2 pair per year from Uncle Sam) and $300 (which I will match) to send to my daughter’s orphanage.

T’was a good Christmas.

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:
jchenky wrote:

Itunes card

Secondly, is the itunes card for getting songs? or other things on the site? just wondering.

[/quote]

I used it for songs. I’m assuming you should be able to purchase other things with the card as well. What other things did you have in mind?

a new blender
a electric rice cooker
crock pot
new ski’s and boots…

[quote]jchenky wrote:
Rico Suave wrote:
jchenky wrote:

Itunes card

I used it for songs. I’m assuming you should be able to purchase other things with the card as well. What other things did you have in mind?

[/quote]

A friend of mine also got one, and she didn’t know what she could buy with it. So i was seeing if you knew more than her, which you do. I was telling her that you would probably be able to buy covers for the ipod, headphones etc.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
I got a guitar and a learn to play metal guitar DVD; I am going to be a rock star when I grow up.[/quote]

I’ll give you webcam lessons for a modest fee.

That’s a lie.

Unless you want to learn classical guitar, then I’ll do it.

I got my first guitar on christmas too. Best gift ever? Yes. I remember learning to play “Electric Funeral” by Black Sabbath that day.