What Did I Overlook?

Untill 2013 i plan to focus on medium and light weights plus flexibility and some aerobics. My goals are A gain 5 to 8 pounds (of muscles) and B gain some strenght and stamina (not get real big nor real powerfull). I am 54 with 10 months training, naturally gifted for endurance and flexibility not strenght (short muscles bellies). If i bulk more cutting will be easy (an other area i do very well).

I plan to work out days 1, 2, 4 and and 5, 1 and 4 upper body… 3, 6 and 7 being grow/rest days(off gym). 2 of the off days will include 20 min. light aerobics (either cycling or rope jumping).
WO days will split early 35 min. medium load, 4 to 6 hours later 25 min. light work. The light volume will mean mostly compounds, high intensity via mostly sets to failure and rest/pause.

Unload periods will probably last 4 to 6 days after about 6 work weeks. So am i right to think 4 times 35 min. wich are 4 times 12 mins. of intense work will not be taxing my CNS too much ?
Any feedback, comment or suggestion is very welcome.
PS. Off days are there to optimize results i would use less of those for my pleasure wich i plan to do when i get in maintaining mode.

Overlook*

What are “medium and light weights” to you?

Your presentation of your unnecessarily complex routine will cause people to not respond.

If you want answers, clean it up.

you overlooked the fact that you have been training for 10 months, are 54 and for some reason dont want to lift ‘heavy’ weights event though you would like to gain strength and muscle…doesnt make much sense.

YOu also just say that u have 2 session on each of your training days…why?
Focus on flexibility? Wtf? This can be done out of the gym, you should keep it fucking simple.

Upper A
Lower A
Off
Upper B
Lower B
Off
Off

simple workouts…compound movements supplemented by isolation.

Unless you detail your actual training there really no way to help you excpet that i definitely think you are WAY OVERCOMPLICATING things

Addressing your thread title I would say that you did not originally post this in the over 35 section.

Welcome aboard and I would be willing to help you out if you want.

Weight
height
injuries
Past history

Thanks. I consider medium weight about 45 to 65 TUT or about 8 to 12 Reps. Avoiding heavy for sometime was a way to keep it simple.
I am 5 11, 145 pounds i could loose about 5. My right shoulder is somewhat tender, i might have a trigger point about my right scapula. Now i am on a crazy work blitz away from home and gym. Hopefully in 3 weeks i will start fresh. I know some like 3 full body WO each week but the 4 days off do not appeal to me. For many months i did well (maybe because i was beginning) with upper, lower body 3 days each per week.
About 2 years ago i trained 55 min. daily (including 25 min. cycling) for about 2 months 6 days weekly on upper, lower body then work took over. About the same happened the next year.
All the best.

Nope we take all kinds. Just have more PL guys cause they dont like to run…hahahahahahahahhhaha

Good luck and you need to put on about 30 pounds, so eat more.

[quote]BHappy wrote:

I am 5 11, 145 pounds i could loose about 5. [/quote]
Umm . . . Really?

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]BHappy wrote:

Umm . . . Really?

[/quote]

Or you could gain about 40 and merely look skinny, like me.

As I recall, strength has more to do with muscle cross-section area, where the tendon attaches to the bone to provide greater or lesser leverage along with how well your nervous system works to innervate the fibers than does muscle length. A long muscle is very desirable for bodybuilding since it will look good hella swole, brah, but might not necessarily be the primary factor for strength.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]BHappy wrote:

Umm . . . Really?

[/quote]

The reason i mentioned the short muscle bellies is that it limits the growth potential.
I enjoy having about 6 percent body fat in summer and about 9 in winter. It is natural when eating local produce.

[quote]novaeer wrote:

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]BHappy wrote:

Umm . . . Really?

[/quote]
[/quote]

Well her name is SNAP

[quote]BHappy wrote:

UMMM…are you joking?