T Nation

What Could I Add To This Meal Plan?

6am : Green tea, egg whites, protein shake

9am: 2 bags kashi oatmeal, 2 scoops all natural peanut butter, apple

12pm: almonds + plain yogurt, banana, string cheese

3pm: 8oz chicken breast, asparagus, brocoli

6pm: yam, baby carrots, bagged shredded turkey + lettuce cup wraps

9pm: protein shake

Im looking to overall just eat cleaner and only shed about 10 pounds and some body fat. Currently 5’10, 200, 14% bf. Going to begin lifting again as well.

What could be added to this meal plan to make it more complete? I will be drinking only water and green tea, coffee thrown in if I can’t stomach the tea.

I was going to buy snickers protein bars 21g of protein to fight off any sweet cravings I get , but apparently they have about 20g of sugar as well, bad news right?

Ps: I hate tuna!

What do you reccommend i do to make this more complete?

OK sorry going to be quick ill point out what jumps out at me im sure others will help as well

6 am carbs fruit oats, etc etc

9 am protein of some kind

12 not bad

3 looking good maybe some good fats olive oil on the veggies

6 pm Protein by goodness

9 some good fats and fiber source fruit, nuts something

if looking to shed fat id lower the carb content of the 6 pm Meal, get a LOT more protein some veggies and good fats maybe a piece of low GUI fruit like an apple

stay away from the junk ass snickers and most bars in general. Look in the store here while still IMO they arent the best thing compared to real food but at least the Metabolic Drive Bars are quality ingredients and taste damn good. I use them in a pinch travel etc.

dont eat it then LOL id try and get some fish if you can its great for ya look at salmon but still if ya hate it dont eat it

main thing more protein missing them in two meals, good fats and prob more veggies

Phill

[quote]rhaze wrote:
6am : Green tea, egg whites, protein shake [/quote]

You might wanna sneak in some carbs early on. Keeps insulin under control.

Hmmm…I’d replace the string cheese with something with proteins in it.

[quote]3pm: 8oz chicken breast, asparagus, brocoli

6pm: yam, baby carrots, bagged shredded turkey + lettuce cup wraps[/quote]

Brilliant!

If you got some casein in it, it’s all good.

Supplement with Glutamine to stop the cravings. It works!

maybe swap 6 and 9 since carbs are use well early AM…

9AM and 12AM need more protein…string cheese does not have significant amounts…yogurt with almonds is good combo though

meal at 6PM has more carbs than meal 3PM …maybe switch those depending on Workout time.

also when is your workout in relation to these meals??
-timing around workout is most important.

6am: 2 bags kashi oatmeal, 2 scoops all natural peanut butter, apple

9am : Green tea, egg whites, protein shake, fish oil capsules

12pm: almonds + plain yogurt,yam, baby carrots, bagged shredded turkey + lettuce cup wraps

3pm: 8oz chicken breast, asparagus, brocoli

6pm: 8oz chicken breast, peas, corn, almonds

9pm: protein shake, string cheese

Thanks for the quick responses. My schedule is insanely hectic between school and work so all my meals will have to be pre-made, which means my chicken and veggies will have to be eaten cold, and don’t have too much time to pre-prepare my meals, with that in mind what food items exactly would you add to these meals now that i changed them around a little.

My running and lifting will occur between meal one and two. How should this change the above meal plan? Lifting 3 days a week and running 7 days a week

Should the protein shake I drink in the morning differ from the one at night?

Like I said tuna and cottage cheese are huge no-no’s.

Thanks so much!

rhaze, since you work out in the morning, carbs should be consumed before and after exercise. A few later in the day are ok…but im talking about the majority…or the largest consumption of carbs…

much better now that theres protein in almost every meal but…get some in at breakfast too. so either have egg whites or protein shake meal 1…and the other meal 2…rather than both in meal 2.

the protein shake at night should be slow digesting…morning…different.