What Could be Wrong with My Shoulder?

So, this all started about a week ago when a buddy and I were wrestling and it made my shoulder irritated and inflamed.

Since then, every chest or shoulder workout I do results in my left shoulder becoming inflamed and irritated.

At first I thought this could be rotator cuff tendinitis, but I have no loss in strength at all on my lifts, and my affected shoulders range of motion remains the same. It simply feels fine and then becomes inflamed towards the end of my workouts.

Not really sure if it’s serious or not, but I don’t want it to get in the way for too long because it forces me to cut my push workouts short when it hurts too much.

Not enough info provided to make a guess at what’s going on with any certainty.

Best option is to seek advice from a healthcare professional such as a physical therapist or physiotherapist. It is still the early stages of whatever is going on so you should be avoiding aggravating activities i.e. not trying to push through workouts. Best case it’s nothing serious and nothing bad will come of continuing training as before but there’s a decent risk that you are making things worse and/or setting yourself up for some snap city action.

Lifting is a game of decades. Whether you continue to make gains and achieve your goals or end up injured for months and living with shoulder pain and dysfunction comes down to not making stupid decisions.

If you still wish to self diagnose look up common shoulder injuries and see if they sound like what you have:

• Muscle Strain
  • AC Joint Injury
  • Shoulder Bursitis
  • Shoulder Impingement
  • Rotator Cuff Tendinitis or Tear
  • Nerve Related / Referred Pain
  • Labrum Tear of The Shoulder
  • Bicep Related Shoulder Pain
  • Shoulder Instability
  • Osteoarthritis

Hey man, thanks for such a detailed reply! I’m going to see a orthopedic doctor soon and will see what he wants to do, but all this info is great. I’m going to read into some of the stuff you listed and see if I can give myself an idea of what might be wrong.