What cha readin'?

“The Great Divorce” and “Screwtape Letters” by C.S. Lewis (or anything else by Lewis), Grishom’s “The Testament”, “Deadline” by Randy Alcorn, “Crime and Punshment” by Fyodor Dostoyevski, “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” (to throw in something non-fiction).

Right now, the new Paper T-mag. Afterwards I’ll be finishing Atlas Shrugged for the first time.

I’m a Poe freak, Chris - Both the Edgar Allen and the Lyrical Lady. Her brother’s got some neat stuff, too - I read it off and on.

Y’all should try the Gor series by John Norman. It can get a little whacked, and some if it’s fans take it WAY too far but it’s definate t-man material.

The Unholy Trinity - a book about the vaticans ties with the Nazi regime. Very interesting reading. Tells how some of the top Bishops helped smuggle Nazi war criminals to Afghanistan after the war.
also reading Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King

Psycho-Cybernetics (for the 2nd time), and this weekend I’ll start The Prayer of Jabez for the third time. Next book will be The Five Love Languages (for the second time).

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

The DIRT: Autobiography of Motley Crue. Beyond words…

Desecration! #9 in the “Left Behind” series of books about the end times

how is it? as the series has continued i have been getting more and more tired of it. it just seems to be dragging… i hope this book picks up the pace a bit!

I know I’m gonna get blasted. Dr. Scott Connelly’s book, Charles Staley’s Science of Martial Arts Training, and when I get a minute J.R.R Tolkein Lord of the Rings. All three are pretty good. Connelly’s book doesn’t seem like Body for Life in that he doesn’t keep saying if you have a met-rx product you’ll get lean, ripped and have a fantastic body. Actually the products he recomends for fat loss are just herbs no met-rx plugs. So for that I have to pu him up above Bill!

Dave

Gerald’s Game - Stephen King

Well I just started reading Johnny Got His Gun again. I started it on about September 9th and couldn’t make myself read more after the 11th.

I meant the bishops were smuggling war criminals to Argentina. My bad.

I stayed up last night to finish HOUSE OF LEAVES. DAMN THAT WAS AMAZING. I tried to find the Poe CD, but I’m down on the border (in Edinburg) and Poe does not seem to be a real big seller here. Anyway, I read about it on her website and ordered it today. Strange that ANGRY JOHNNY and Johnny Truant are the same person/character. Thanks for the info. Any thing you’d recommend for the next read?

What is House of Leaves about? Thanks. :slight_smile:

Keago

doogie- Depends on what you like. I like anything a little off kilter, from just about any genre. I’d recommend Snow Crash by Neil Stephenson, and Neuromancer by William Gibson. You may want to pick up the short story collection Burning Chrome since a couple of the stories set you up for Neuromancer. That book has two sequals Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive. Great stuff, but I haven’t been that impressed with his later work. Gibson invented the word cyberspace, BTW.

My “must read before you die” list has Ayn Rand’s The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged on it.

Also check into Chuck Palahniuk, the author of Fight Club. He has some oddball stuff out there.

I always recommend Travels too, a nonfiction book by Michael Crichton. You can read summaries and reviews of all these at Amazon.com.

What is House of Leaves about? I wouldn’t know where to begin. It’s an experimental novel, nothing like you’ve ever read. Very disturbing.

Michelle, I think you are right that they are getting more and more watered down as they go. However, it is still a very good book. This one does pick up the pace over the last two, maybe because so much is going to happen over the last 3 1/2 years the book covers. Let me know what you think of it when you are finished. (it is still hard to put down and I got it read in about three days)

Last night I finished Science and Practice of Strength Training by Vladimir M Zatsiorsky. I just started a new book this morning, which is Periodization: Theory and Methodology of Training by Tudor O Bompa.

i just bought it, and if i EVER make it through 'tis i will be reading it. that is one things about that series, they are a quick read…even the ‘slow’ books. i’ll let you know! (when i started teh series i was SO hoping for 1 book for every year, that would have been perfict… oh well)

Microserfs, a buddy of mind kept making references to it every 2 seconds, so I started reading it and it’s great. I’m taking computer science in college, and guess what, the books about some techies and their lives. And of course one of the guys is really into bodybuilding (and benches 400! right . .), anyway, sometimes difficult to read (for me) but great pace . . .

Snow Crash is cool but Cryptonomicon and Diamond Age are mind boggling. Neal Stephenson just gets better and better. Chris, since you like his stuff, have you read Cobweb which he wrote using the pseudonym Stephen Bury? What did you think about it?

Just finished Gene Wolfe's "On Blue's Waters" and "In Green's Jungles". Liked them both. Thanks to TC's column, I read Dabbs'Heroes, Rogues and Lovers. Now I have a better understanding about certain aspects of my character, it's all that damn test flowing in my veins!