What cha readin'?

What are you reading right now? (Yes, we bodybuilder types read!) Not necessarily training books or T-man books, just books in general.

‘Lord of the Rings’ by J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘Rift in Time’ - can’t remember who by, the Bible, and espn.com. :slight_smile:

'tis (sequl to angela’s ashes), on the ‘to be read’ shelf - atlas shrugged, dragon’s bluff, and the cider house rules

I just got Super Squats & Rock Iron Steel from Ironmind & they’re both excellent. I’m also reading The True Life of JS Bach by Klaus Eidam.

Reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand for the second time. I also do a lot of audio books. I’m reading/listening to On the Road (Jack Kerouac) and Mental Toughness Training (boring, but has its interesting bits.) If you like near future sci-fi, I’d suggest anything by Neil Stephenson. Start with Snow Crash.

HOUSE OF LEAVES by Mark Danielewski. Very unique read so far.

doogie- Yes, House of Leaves is a real mindfucker. Be sure and pick up the CD by Poe titled “Haunted”. Poe is Mark Z. Danielewski’s sister and her CD echoes the book.

Senseless Trivia: I was listening to “Haunted” when I wrote part II to the “Two Faces of Juarez” article. You’ll see how it influenced the first part of the article.

Genesis and the Big Bang, Eye of the world for the second time, U.S. Army Survival Manual, an ASVAB prep book, and Basic electronics.

Midnight’s Children by Salman Rushdie and Virtual Light by William Gibson (author of a very excellent book enitled Neuromancer)

For anybody looking for a good read I suggest the following authors: William Gibson (sci-fi), Ken Kesey, Tim Robbins (intelligent and funny), Chuck Palahniuk (way fucked up author of Fight Club), William S. Burroughs (also fucked up)
A few of my personal favorites.Check these guys out if you get a chance you won’t be disappointed.

Japan: Geographical perspectives on an Island Nation & Southeast Asia: Human landscape of modernisation and development.

What would I be reading? Jurassic Park, but Russ has exams so Russ has to read boring shit.

later

“Truman”…and just today I recieved “Band of Brothers” in the mail (I highly recommend David McCullough’s books on “Lincoln” and “Truman”…)

“The Lucifer Principle”, by Howard Bloom

In the Skin of a Lion (Ondaatje), Paradise Lost (Milton), McTeague (Norris) and the bible. Being a lit major fucking rocks.

The American Dream by Dan Rather, and Advanced Corporate Finance by Harcourt, Ross, and Jordan. Gotta stay up on my profession.

Just finished Celestine Prophecy–good book and recently started Powers of Mind by Adam Smith.

HUSTLER!

Just finished “Issac’s Storm,” by Erik Larson (about the hurricane of 1900 that leveled Galveston). Very good read, but quite depressing.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance…awesome so far!

Neuro Linguistic programming, hypnosis of self and others, Zen-the Beginners mind (again), Protein Power, Extraordinary solutions to ordinary problems, Extraordinary relationships, Flowers for Algernon (again), The Fountain Head (again), Tripple des Encryption technology, Several hacker books, That is not what I meant, 7 steps to emotional intelligence, Tao Te Ching, Great Thoughts, Psychological Skills for Understanding and Influencing People, The Art of Talking So That People Will Listen : Getting Through to Family, Friends, and Business Associates, The Erotic Mind, The Guide To Getting It On, Eat right for your type, Instinctive eating, Mind control, and anything in HTML.