T Nation

What Causes Yellow Piss?

Hey all, after taking my greens+ my piss becomes quite neon yellow…what does that mean? does it mean that the minerals are being secreted? or not enough water?

Thanks!

[quote]notafob wrote:
Hey all, after taking my greens+ my piss becomes quite neon yellow…what does that mean? does it mean that the minerals are being secreted? or not enough water?

Thanks![/quote]

That means you have more urea in your urine… I haven’t experienced that with greens…

How’s the rest of your diet?

[quote]Shoebolt wrote:
notafob wrote:
Hey all, after taking my greens+ my piss becomes quite neon yellow…what does that mean? does it mean that the minerals are being secreted? or not enough water?

Thanks!

That means you have more urea in your urine… I haven’t experienced that with greens…

How’s the rest of your diet?

[/quote]

It actually usually indicates the presence of more vitamin B2 which I would assume is in the Greens Plus. Vitamin B2 can change the color of urine to “neon yellow”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
It actually usually indicates the presence of more vitamin B2 which I would assume is in the Greens Plus. Vitamin B2 can change the color of urine to “neon yellow”.[/quote]

That’s the reality I was looking for… so all those poor fools out there won’t mistakenly assume they are dehydrated or catching a cold or some nonsense.

Riboflavin (B2) contains D ribose. The name comes from Ribo (ribose) and flavin (flavus-Latin for yellow).

why does animal pak make your piss green?

[quote]redsox348984 wrote:
why does animal pak make your piss green?[/quote]

Yellow and blue make green?

[quote]vroom wrote:
redsox348984 wrote:
why does animal pak make your piss green?

Yellow and blue make green?[/quote]

Good answer…that and “food coloring”. What color are the Animal Pak contents.