T Nation

What Causes Yellow Piss?

Hey all, after taking my greens+ my piss becomes quite neon yellow…what does that mean? does it mean that the minerals are being secreted? or not enough water?

Thanks!

[quote]notafob wrote:
Hey all, after taking my greens+ my piss becomes quite neon yellow…what does that mean? does it mean that the minerals are being secreted? or not enough water?

Thanks![/quote]

That means you have more urea in your urine… I haven’t experienced that with greens…

How’s the rest of your diet?

[quote]Shoebolt wrote:
notafob wrote:

Thanks!

That means you have more urea in your urine… I haven’t experienced that with greens…

How’s the rest of your diet?

[/quote]

It actually usually indicates the presence of more vitamin B2 which I would assume is in the Greens Plus. Vitamin B2 can change the color of urine to “neon yellow”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
It actually usually indicates the presence of more vitamin B2 which I would assume is in the Greens Plus. Vitamin B2 can change the color of urine to “neon yellow”.[/quote]

That’s the reality I was looking for… so all those poor fools out there won’t mistakenly assume they are dehydrated or catching a cold or some nonsense.

Riboflavin (B2) contains D ribose. The name comes from Ribo (ribose) and flavin (flavus-Latin for yellow).

why does animal pak make your piss green?

[quote]redsox348984 wrote:
why does animal pak make your piss green?[/quote]

Yellow and blue make green?

[quote]vroom wrote:
redsox348984 wrote:
why does animal pak make your piss green?

Yellow and blue make green?[/quote]

Good answer…that and “food coloring”. What color are the Animal Pak contents.