T Nation

What Can You Say About This Program?

Hi… someone suggested me this program… what can you say about it? thanks in advance.

Workout #1
Bench Press 4 x 8
Incline Bench Press 4 x 8
Pec-Dec 4 x 10
Close-grip Bench Press 3 x 8
Tricep Pushdowns 3 x 8
Overhead DB Extensions 3 x 12-15
(take next day off)

Workout #2
Back/Biceps
Low Pulley Rows (close-grip) 3 x 8
Lat Pulldowns 3 x 8
Bent-over Rows 3 x 8
Shrugs 3 x 8
Barbell Curls 3 x 8
Dumbell Hammer Curls 3 x 8
Deadlift 3 x 6
(Take next day off)

Workout #3
Legs/Shoulders
Squats 2 warm-up sets, 4 x 8
Leg Extensions 4 x 8-10
Leg Curls 4 x 8-10
Donkey Calf Raises 4 x 15-20
Seated DB Press 3 x 8-10
Lateral Raises 3 x 8-10
Bent-over Laterals 3 x 8-10

(Take next day off)

Workout #1
Bench Press 4 x 8
Incline Bench Press 4 x 8
Pec-Dec 4 x 10
Close-grip Bench Press 3 x 8
Tricep Pushdowns 3 x 8
Overhead DB Extensions 3 x 12-15
(take next day off)

For workout #1 I would go without the pec deck and close grip bp, try adding some dips and pullups.

First off what is your goal? Are you trying to gain or are you trying to get cut?

thanks… I’m trying to gain.

It’s crap. Why don’t you do Starting Strength (Rippetoe) as suggested in the other thread you created. Rippetoe is not a warm-up. It is an excellent program to gain strength and size if followed correctly.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
It’s crap. Why don’t you do Starting Strength (Rippetoe) as suggested in the other thread you created. Rippetoe is not a warm-up. It is an excellent program to gain strength and size if followed correctly.[/quote]

thanks… i already started with the rippetoe. I’m just wndering how i can develop my abs with rippetoe. and is cardio not necessary? thanks for the help.

I’m not going to slam you for not reading the entire thread:

Your abs are supposedly worked enough from doing your lifts. That being said, a small section is dedicated to ab work:

Really, if you haven’t read the book, at least read the thread. It won’t take long, less than a couple of hours if you read slow like me. Well worth it and explains a lot.

You can do cardio. I would run/jog/bike on off days and walk on lifting days.

thanks dude! at least, now i know… we can now close this thread… lol… thanks a lot!