What Business is it of Yours Where I'm From, Friendo?

Are you planning on competing?

Or given how long I’ve been gone, have you competed?

Hey great question stu!

I plan on never competing in my entire life :blush:

Well stick a fork in me, I’m meaty !

Good rest day yesterday . Leaning lots of new banded rest day stretchies so my rest days can be less restful :slight_smile:

Today:

Squats

135lbs x 2 sets of 5
175lbs x 3
185lbs x 2
195lbs x 2
belt
205lbs x 2
210lbs x 2
215lbs x 2 sets of 2
back off sets
190lbs x 2 sets of 2

front squats

125lbs x 4
135lbs x 2
135lbs x 5

ass machine

110lbs x 15*ass
130lbs x 2 sets of 8 *ass

single leg ext.

50lbs x 10leg
40lbs x 2 sets of 10
leg

leg on bench straight leg cable ass kick back

drop sets
15lbs x 15ass
10lbs x 8 1&1/2 reps
ass
5lbs x 20 partials *ass

leg spreader SS leg squisher

75lbs/120lbs
x 12/ x 12
x 20/ x 20

stepmill intervals x 20 minutes

back ext.
BW x 2 sets of 20

here iyam

ayam iyam

k
BYE

1 Like

Fair enough, competing is certainly not required. Though you might be surprised at the supportiveness and friendly nature of the other competitors.

2 Likes

Being depressed sucks. :slightly_frowning_face:

Good job for not letting it keep you down. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, powerlifters are generally all around awesome people.
But every time I sign up for a meet I stop being able to sleep and I go 10 times more mental than my already really quite mental OCD lifting/worrying…
:flushed:

1 Like

K today was rly fun

back on the high rep bench train

Bench press

115lbs x 2 sets of 3 (warm up)
117lbs x 2 sets of 10
belt
117lbs x 14 :slight_smile:

paused sling shot

145lbs x 5
150lbs x 2 sets of 3
160lbs x 2
135lbs x 15 (not paused)

inline DB press SS incline DB power fly SS incline DB pec fly

35lbs/20lbs/7.5lbs
x 12/ x 12/ x 12
30lbs/20lbs/7.5lbs
x 12/ x 12 / x 12
x 12/ x 12/ x 12

incline DB trap raises SS incline rear delt fly palms facing in wards SS incline rear delt fly palms facing each other

5lbs/5lbs/5lbs
x 15/ x 15/ x15
x 15/ x 15/ x 15
x 15/ x 15/ x 15

hammer strength incline chest press

30lbs
x 12arm
25lbs
x 2 sets of 10
arm
20lbs
x 15 partials *arm

cable rear delt fly SS facepulls two diff grips

5lbs/20lbs/20lbs
x 20arm/ x 20/ x 20
arm/ x 20/ x 20
x 20*arm/ x 20/ x 20

cable cross over low setting

10lbs
x 2 sets of 10

reverse grip D handle tri ext. SS ropey tri ext.

5lbs/20lbs
x 12arm/ x 10
arm/ x 12
x 12*arm/ x 15

bent over DB rear delt fly palms facing inwards SS palms facing each other

7.5lbs/7.5lbs
x 8/ x 8
x 8/ x 8
x 8/ x8
norest
Done

anyway quite pleased. this felt very light and my bar path was good…
k
BYE

3 Likes

Too bad, it would be awesome. Though as you point out perhaps the lead up wouldn’t be. Plus you’d do very well.

3 Likes

WHEWFFF so glad today is done. Had three important workouts in a row and I hit all my numbers so can enjoy some rest now :relaxed:

deadlifts

135lbs x 2 sets of 5
185lbs x 5
225lbs x 5
belt
235lbs x 5
245lbs x 5
255lbs x 5

bent over row under hand grip SS medium D handle seated row cable

105lbs/55lbs
x 10/ x 12
x 8/ x 12
x 8/ x 12

over hand grip

95lbs
x 2 sets of 8

foot on seated two D handle lat pull down SS sitting sideways lat pull down SS ropey cable pull down

55lbs/25lbs/15lbs
x 10/ x 10arm/ x 15
x 10/ x 10
arm/ x 15
x 10/ x 10*arm/ x 15

Wide D handle lat pull down

70lbs
x 2 sets of 8
70lbs

cable station lat pull down

20lbs x 15
25lbs x 10
30lbs x 10

t bar row
bar ++
50lbs
x 12 I think
+
75lbs
x 2 sets of 8
+
25lbs

seated bi curl SS hammer curl

12.5lbs/12.5lbs
x 8 *arm/ x 8 *arm
x 8 *arm/ x 8 *arm
x 8 *arm/ x 8 *arm

one arm DB row
all sets on one side without rest then the other side

30lbs x 15arm
40lbs x 10
arm
30lbs x 15*arm

barbell curl

40lbs

stepmill x 20 minutes

I am one tired lady
k
BEY
BEY
BYE

3 Likes

DL’s, and others are looking strong; shoes/ socks still badass.

Great work :slight_smile:

1 Like

thx buddy :slight_smile:

K today was bad news all around :

SO FIRST I know I’ve openly said that I’ve dealt with a lot of anxiety/OCD and depression. Especially more recently on the depression front. I don’t remember it being this bad before . Maybe I’ve erased it from my brain or something, IDK, but I have way more bad days than good days. It’s like 5 to 2 ratio of not functioning at all/uncontrollable crying to meh, I’m fine.

I don’t like it obvs/ I used to be able to track it better and anticipate bad weeks and good weeks, but it’s never like that anymore.
It’s typically just all bad TBH. Everything sets me off. I’m never angry or yelling I just cry and then I can’t stop and it literally takes over my entire day.

Just a lot of job rejection emails and feeling like I probably wont hear about getting into school for a month at least, and even then it could be rejection. Plus my kid has been busy with sleep overs with his friends and going camping and his special trip with his other family. And my BF works non-stop.
I’m just very isolated and alone most of the time. And left to my own crazy demons tormenting me with all this negative shit, blah. It’s exhausting anyway, to say the least…
But enough about me, let’s talk about me and today’s workout

I went to the gym and started paused squatting but it all felt awful because I hadn’t recovered from deadlifts so I came home and cried for 30 minutes then decided to try my old heeled do-win shoes and try again so I did;

Paused squats

135lbs x 2 sets of 5 (warm up)
155lbs x 12
165lbs x 2 sets of 5
180lbs x 2
185lbs x 3
190lbs x 2 sets of 1

double paused squats

145lbs x 2 sets of 5

banded full reset barbell hip thrusts w/pause at top SS plié DB sq

185lbs/30lbs
x 8/ x 10
x 8/ x 12
x 8/ x 15

ass machine

100lbs
x 2 sets of 10*ass
90lbs
x partials for some reps I cant remember

straight leg cable ass kick back
10lbs
x 12ass
ass

ropey cable pull through
drop sets
30lbs x 15
25lbs x 12
20lbs x 12

leg spreader
70lbs x 20
85lbs x 15
100lbs x 15
55lbs x 30 partials

stepmill intervals x 20 minutes

So ya, still undecided about my shoes. I think my ankle mobility has gone to shit or something cause the flat shoes I’m using now don’t feel as comfortable. Maybe I’ll keep trying these out and see if they will work better for me in the long run.
k
whatever
BYE

2 Likes

I get it.
I have depression and such running in my family.

Feeling alone in that place sucks and you’re not.

I guess I’m also saying if you’d like to talk, feel free to mention something. (I hope this isn’t too forward. *start overthinking here*)

1 Like

thanks for the support :blush:

1 Like

People with OCD/anxiety/depression often find their symptoms intensify when they feel isolated and alone. Unfortunately, this can lead to a vicious cycle–you feel isolated/alone/‘crazy’; these feelings in turn lead to isolating oneself further; this further isolation makes the feelings worse; etc.

But the good news is, it’s a cycle that can be broken. It’s not easy–it takes effort, and stepping outside of one’s comfort zone. But it can be done. One readily available way to reduce isolation and give life a deeper sense of purpose is volunteer work. With a little digging, you would find many opportunities in your community for work sheltering the homeless, feeding the hungry, bringing companionship to shut-ins, comforting abandoned pets/strays, etc. Find a cause you care about, and give of yourself to it. Doing this would help both you and others–a win-win situation. Give it some thought.

And whatever you decide, know that you have touched the lives of many TNers–men and women who are very fond of you, and are rooting for you. When you find yourself in a dark place, remind yourself of this, and take heart and comfort in it.

7 Likes

K today

Tempo bench press

115lbs x 2 sets of 6
120lbs x 2 sets of 3
125lbs x 3
127lbs x 2

board close grip bench press

95lbs x 2 sets of 8
95lbs x 10

seated DB press SS Arnold press

40lbs/15lbs
x 8/ x 10
30lbs/15lbs
x 8/ x 10
x 8/ x 10

staright arm DB lateral raise w/pause at top SS seated DB lateral raise SS straight arm DB lateral raise SS pinkies up DB lateral raise

5lbs/5lbs/5lbs/5lbs
x 10/ x 10/ x 10/ x 10
x 10/ x 10/ x 10/ x 10
x 10/ x 10/ x 10/ x 10

face pull SS bent over rear delt DB fly palms facing inwards

25lbs/5lbs
x 15/ x 15
x 15/ x 15
x 15/ x 15

facepulls SS rear delt DB fly palms facing each other

20lbs/5lbs
x 20/ x 20
x 20/ x 20
x 20/ x 20

cable rear delt fly * diff pin heights for each set
5lbs
x 10 * arm
x 10 * arm
x 10 * arm

DB front raise SS cable underhand grip bar front raise whatevers

12/5lbs/15lbs
x 8arm/ x 8
arm/ x 8
x 8 *arm/ x8

D handle tri ext. SS reverse grip D handle tri ext.
5lbs/5lbs
x 10* arm/ x 10 *arm
x 10 *arm/ x 10 *arm

pinkies up DB lateral raise
drop sets
12.5lbs x 10
10lbs x 12
7.5lbs x 15
5lbs x 20

done
ya
slept for like 11 hrs last night, crazeeeeeeeeeE

And some chick was listening to music from her phone without headphones on , like a stereo radio type everyone can hear this shit dealio
LIKE WHY
WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT
Oh well I’m sure everyone around me wants to hear my songs for 2 hrs so I don’t need to bring headphones
WHY
WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT
I couldn’t imagine doing something like that

clearly

It made me angry and irritable so I was all like :expressionless:
excuse me can you please turn that shit down
Is what I kept saying to her inside my head
I’m an old lady I guess
She had Dani California as one of the songs though so I can’t hate too much
EXCEPT I HATED SO MUCH
k
BYE

This was like the sweetest post ever * tear *

Thank you :heart_eyes:

And very good advice.
I am certain the reason I am getting worse week by week is because of my hermitting , which indeed can be very difficult to break. Most of the time hermitting leads to more hermitting and socializing leads to more socializing.
I should look into things and try to reconnect with old friends

4 Likes

Sometimes I’m passive aggressive. . . though more often I’m just aggressive aggressive and I’d probably have “accidentally” dropped a plate on her phone somehow. . .

Seriously. . . people like this drive me fucking nuts, I’ll even give you a free set of headphones to make you stop (since like most people I probably have 50 sets of cheap ones falling out of every drawer).

1 Like

^^Agreed, for realzzzzz

K thank G today went well. If I had had 2 bad squat workouts in a row there woulda been hell to pay…

Pin Andersen squats

135lbs x 2 sets of 5
165lbs x 10
175lbs x 2 sets of 3
185lbs x 6
195lbs x 2
200lbs x 5
205lbs x 1
210lbs x 1

High bar paused squats

145lbs x 6
155lbs x 3
155lbs x 6

ass machine

150lbs x 6ass
125lbs x sets of 6
ass

leg spreader
60lbs x 100

seated leg curl
40lbs x 25
55lbs x 12
60lbs x 12
45lbs x 12 partials

Still can’t do any leg curl movement without some kind of pain so just continuing to keep shit like and do it really slow and controlled .

Stepmill x 20 minutes

Uh
Bye

1 Like

Oh Hai friendz

Bad one today. Was supposed to do block pulls today, but got distracted by negative thoughts and overwhelming feelings of an extreme desire to take a break from powerlifting.
I think that often, like almost every other day. And then it really throws my workout off because I think DURING sets “why am I doing this?”

So whatever did some shitty block pulls and then enjoyed the rest of my back workout

Foot on seat seated row cable handle lat pull down SS ropey cable pull down

55lbs/20lbs
x 12/ x 12
x 12/ x 12
x 12/ x 12 + 1 drop 15lbs x 12

• all reps slow and controlled/squeezey

t bar row SS seated row cable
bar + 50lbs/55lbs
x 10/ x 10
x 10/ x 10
x 10/ x 10 + 1 drop 40lbs x 10 partials

sitting side ways lat pull down SS medium D handle lat pull down
25lbs/55lbs
x 15* arm/x 15
x 15*arm/ x 15
x 15 * arm/ x 15 + 1 drop 40lbs x 15 paused

bi curl machine
30lbs
x 2 sets of 10
20lbs x 10

one arm DB row
35lbs x 8*arm
40lbs x 8 *arm
50lbs x 8 *arm

incline DB curl SS hammer curl SS BB curl
10lbs/10lbs/40lbs
x 8/ x 8 *arm/ x 8
x 8/ x 8 *arm/ x 8
x 10/ x 12 *arm/ x 15

hammer strength front pull down machine

40lbs
x 3 sets of 8
20lbs x a million partials cause it was too light

done
SO ya another workout where the powerlifting part made me really upset and the bodybuilding part calmed me down so makes me wonder.
I used to get chiro and massage literally once a week when I had benefits. It didn’t upset me so much when things hurt cause I got things treated constantly and it was just a huge part of the joy of getting stronger. Massages after really brutal sessions and whatnot chiro before important days IDK. Now it’s just like wow, I really hurt, this sucks.
I legit have not been able to bend my left leg during ham curls or whatever for 6 weeks . I can even feel it every step of the step mill.

But then I worry well maybe I just don’t enjoy this right now because of struggling with depression and it’s a horrible idea to stop. I don’t really feel too enthused about the idea of dieting either. This decision feels incredibly hard.
I’d like to, for once in my life, go to the gym without HAVING to get stronger or eating without HAVING to lose weight. I’ve never just let myself do it to enjoy doing it, but that’s terrifying because I thrive in a very structured environment and my anxiety is way worse without planning and organizing.
Anyway, I have no idea basically so here’s a pic

I think I just need to make my mental health my number 1 priority right now. But all the stuff that improves my mental health makes me crazy at the same time so there ya go. I am babbling
I have no sex drive either. I haven’t had sex drive in months MONTHS
TMI
I guess TMI but it’s my log and if it helps strangers to hear about other people’s struggles then that’s a good thing.
I used to have excessive sex drive to the point where it was annoying, and it all just went away and I never want to do it but I force myself to and pretend to be all randy multiple times a week because I don’t want my BF to feel bad.
I think it’s just stress. Stress ruins everything good.
k
Def babbling, sorry.
BYE