What Business is it of Yours Where I'm From, Friendo?

I’m gonna paraphrase Forrest Gump here, something like “life is like a box of chocolates. You dip in blind and come out with a toffee covered in milk chocolate and you’re so pleased that you think every one is a chocolate covered toffee so you carry on and get a shitty turkish delight that some pervert has put in there. You gather your loins up and have another go, you pull one out and praise the lord its milk chocolate so you trustingly put it in your mouth only to find its some puke inducing strawberry fondant. Then you get the caramel with the nut in it, mmmm but its followed by some dark covered mint abhorrence. Anyway momma says you gotta spit the shitty ones out and get better at picking the good ones”

At least I think he said something like that.

4 Likes

I literally had one of these yesterday.:nauseated_face:

3 Likes

He is trying to control and manipulate you. He is a piece of shit. Why do you girls fall for this shit?

3 Likes

I feel your pain Chic

2 Likes

Yes! You’ll find someone right for you with the new skillz you got messing with Cory. I’m glad you’re on Cupid, and will cross everything that it brings you what you want, or at least more good practice.

Another match.com marriage here, FWIW.

Oh, reading along…shit…

Agree. He’s weak, and using your insecurities to make himself feel bigger. He’s going to have a shitty life playing the game that way.

Keep it straight in your head, Spock, HE is not good enough for YOU, not the other way 'round. YOU are going to find someone strong and nice, like you, and be happy. No shitty Karma for you!

Edited a typo. Cannot let stand.

1 Like

This.

2 Likes

That. Be in charge of your life. And boot him out of your life.
I sm sorry it did no go as you dreamed of. But time to move, don’t let him hurt you.

1 Like

One thing I’ve learned about men, specifically asshole men, from my silly side-job as a bouncer is this. They want to feel like they’re in control and generally don’t like it when someone checks their asshole behavior instead of giving them what they want. And they try to get what they want by acting like an even bigger asshole.

Last night I cut a dude off. Grabbed him by the arm and moved him out the door when he didn’t walk out on his own in due time. Fairly routine stuff. He didn’t leave the property until the cops finally showed up, the entire time getting in my face and refusing to accept the reality that he wasn’t going to get back into the bar. It went on for like 30 minutes too, with him sending all manner of insults my way and acting like a hard-ass but not actually doing anything besides running his mouth. Committing assault on him was tempting, but I opted to have the bartender call the cops and just wait the asshole out.

It’s ridiculous, childish and petty behavior, but it happens all the time with assholes. They have to feel like they’re in control and hate when someone checks their behavior, like you did with not being a booty call for him or I do when I say then need to leave the party. His response was to feel like he’s in control by making you feel bad and deleting you from social media. The guy’s response to me last night was to challenge me verbally and act like I had no control over him, despite the fact that I just moved him out the door and stopped him from getting back in.

Pretty standard asshole behavior all-around. That’s his problem, not yours.

4 Likes

Control, key concept.

2 Likes

Maturity, another key concept.

I think as you mature into yourself - knowing your value (that you’re smart, fun, loyal, hard-working, have quarter-bouncing-ass, etc) and knowing that your values are (you want someone who has integrity and is kind, fun-spirited, respectful of your passions, etc) - you’ll be better able to discriminate.

2 Likes

It’s ironic how completely opposite this thread is to the other one you are contributing to.

2 Likes

need video or it didn’t happen.

Just kidding Spock, you rock.

I
rock
I
rock

2 Likes

Well, the illegal parking thing is a whole different kind of issue, lol.

2 Likes

I just want to thank all you guys for your support here! I’ve never had such a wonderful group of friends, online or not, who are so quick to chime in and give me such good advice.

:sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Its clear to see people value you spocko, think on the next time you feel down over some dickhead. People care, albeit internet weirdos but hey beggars can’t be choosers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

WHAT A PIECE OF WORK! He is a total douchebag. Who thinks he’s clever! So gross!!

His behavior is not a reflection of you at all, or who you are , or anything related to you, do NOT feel it is.

This is a douche bag being a douchebag near you. You got nothin to do with his actions!

3 Likes

This one week thing sounds like a bad idea, one I personally would avoid in the future.

And if it’s not then I apologize for any offense for my misunderstanding. I respect your choices as an adult.

Acting out on that one week thing for me would be very harmful for my self esteem. Was this his idea?

1 Like

No it was mine because I was scared I couldn’t handle it

1 Like

Awesome day today wow. Finally slept . Usually Saturdays I’m lucky if I get 5hrs

Squats
135lbs x 7
155lbs x 7
165lbs x 7
175lbs x 2 x 7

I told myself I was stronger than I know and I was sick of doing less than I’m capable of just because I obsess over perfection
. These were all great sets
Paused high bar
135lbs x 3
145lbs x 3
150lbs x 3
155lbs x 3

Bench press
100lbs x 7
110lbs x 2 x 7
Belt
110lbs x 12

Tempo bench
105lbs x 2 x 3

Land mine press
Bar plus
15lbs x 3 x 10

Db ss
20lbs x 2 x 12
30lbs x 2 x 8

Leg spreader
190lbs x 20
130lbs x 20
100lbs x 20

Leg ext
60lbs x 10
45lbs x 8

Db lateral raises
10lbs x 10
12.5lbs x 10
15lbs x 10
Seated db lateral
5lbs x 20

Some other shit because people were using all the step mills uhg
25 minutes to wait what a fun time that was feeling hungry and tired as fuck

Stepmill intervals x 20

K awesome.

Good spirits today. Enjoyed all 2hrs of my workout, went for a walk, did my meal prep. Went to chiro, acupuncture, got my hair done. Cleaned , stretched, face masked lol.

Now ima have my cheat meal and watch law and order svu!!!

Best day !!

5 Likes

Bye

ByE

1 Like