What Business is it of Yours Where I'm From, Friendo?

K great today .
I feel like I’ve been slacking and distracted. Wont be too much longer until they send me to work from home and I’ll literally have an extra hour and a half every single day. Helllo longer workouts and more active recovery !!

Squats
135lbs x 4
155lbs x 4
175lbs x 6 x 4

High bar paused
135lbs x 2 x 5
145lbs x 5
Decided to add this back
Finally feel something in my quads. Even my front squats feel mostly glutes. Will keep back in

Paused bench
95lbs x 4
110lbs x 2
120lbs x 2
125lbs x 2 x 2
Belt
125lbs x 3 slowest third rep ever

Tempo bench
105lbs x 2 x 4

Landmine press
Bar plus
15lbs x 3 x 8

Db ss
20lbs x 3 x 10

Leg ext 55lbs x 12 long pauses
Leg spreader
115lbs x 10
175lbs x 10
205lbs x 10

Db lateral raises 7.5lbs x 25

Step mill intervals x 20

Ropey tri ext
15lbs x 2 x 10
10lbs x 10

BYE

2 Likes

Do you not feel front squats in your quads? My regular squat, which is admittedly low bar, is nothing but glutes and hamstrings, but front squats and Zercher squats hit my quads really well.

1 Like

It will be awesome to have an extra hour and a half back to yourself every day.

1 Like

Yeah I used to feel front squats in my quads , but now I can mostly just feel my glutes firing. Not that I’m complaining, lol, it took me a long time to build good mind muscle connection with my glutes, but they do take over most things now.

Thankfully with pausing high bar I can really force myself to make it a quad thing

I know , I can’t wait !! Not only that, but because I can get more done during the week I’ll actually have free time on weekends again.

I thought I’d be home by now, so I was starting to get frustrated, but my manager asked my address on Friday and he told me top secretly that they were sorting out my home date :grin:

I’m honestly just so impressed with myself. This stuff is easy for most people, but a weaker version of myself couldn’t have handled this ad well as I did.
My days are busy from 345am to 745 PM when I go to bed.

Just ten minutes of downtime would have been appreciated

3 Likes

K I’ll update later but I want form reassurance .

Obviously my top single isn’t perfect , but from what I can see this all moved pretty easily and well??

Be nice…
:smiling_face:

3 Likes

Looks good to me Jenn awesome.

1 Like

Your lower set up looks good. It looks like you rush the upper set up a little and don’t lock in the upper back. Set the upper back hard (squeeze oranges in the pits) to lock in the lats. Get tight in the bar and go…

The first sets are hard to tell. Too much hiney in the frame (not complaining it looks great too) but the upper set is hard to see in the early reps.

Never mind. Went back and watched again… looks great. Well done.

1 Like

Ok today

Deadlifts
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 3
205lbs x 1
225lbs x 1
Belt
235lbs x 1
245lbs x 1
255lbs x 1

Bent over row
105lbs x 10
110lbs x 2 x 8

Two d handle lat pull down
Drop
85lbs x 8
70lbs x 8
55lbs x 8

Leg spreader
70lbs x 100

Foot on seat lat pull to me
Drop
70lbs x 8
55lbs x 8
40lbs x 8

Leg curl
60lbs x 10
45lbs x 10

T bar row
Bar plus
50lbs x 12
65lbs x 6 w pause
65lbs x 10

Seated row cable
70lbs x 8
55lbs x 15

Wide d handle lat pull down
70lbs x 10, x 8
55lbs x 10
40lbs x 15

Ropey bi curl
15lbs x 15
10lbs x 15

Barbell curl
30lbs x 3 x 10

Front pull down machine
40lbs x 2 x 8
30lbs x 12

Hammer curl
22.5lbs x 8
15lbs x 8
10lbs x I stopped counting
7.5lbs x I stopped counting

Umm
Step mill intervals x 20

Oh lat pull down machine again regular one
20lbs x 25

K I dunno Tons of shit
BYE

1 Like

All the sets of deadlift looked good. The only time I saw any back rounding was on the last one, but a little bit of that is to be expected when you go for heavy singles. It’s interesting how you retract your scapulae before you get down to the bar, I may have to try that. I always do that and tuck my shoulders back as the last thing before I put tension on the bar, but I’m not as meticulous about it as I should be.

1 Like

K great today

Paused squats
135lbs x 5
155lbs x 3
175lbs x 3
185lbs x 3
195lbs x 2 x 3

Military press
65lbs x 3 x 9

Seated db press ss db split squats ss lateral raises
27.5lbs 12.5lbs 12.5lbs
X 12 x 10 x 10
X 12 x 10 x 10

Ropey cable pull through
25lbs x 25

Leg spreader
230lbs x 12
105lbs x 15

Done

Bye

Do I have a good sense of humor

• YES!!
  • No…

0 voters

Hello all.
I was told I have a horrible sense of humor. I’ve always found myself to be the quirky , funny one.
I feel this person is dumb and wrong.
I have built a poll.

Thanks
BYE

Deadlifts looked solid. Nice repeatable motion. Looks like you pull ‘Semi-Sumo’? Great type for overall posterior chain development, which is presumably the purpose?

1 Like

That is correct

1 Like

In my experience, people who accuse someone of having a bad sense of humor are the ones who have bad or mean-spirited ideas of what’s funny and resent anyone who doesn’t agree with them. Alternatively they may be too dense to get subtlety, which is an important part of a lot of good humor.

1 Like

The purpose is to be strong like bull!! :grin:

1 Like

Wait, you mean you’re not just training for a joocy booty?

If higher numbers are your goal, you probably have a decent amount of deadlift gains on the table from working on a slightly better starting position. The camera angle isnt great for judging this specifically, so I may be talking crap, but your torso looks quite horizontal for a sumo pull.

1 Like

You see, I have a horrible sense of humour. I laugh and make fun of anything.

I’m pretty sure it’s also good sense of humour, because I’m happy to make myself the butt of a joke if I think it’ll be funny.

Pretty sure you have a good sense of humour. Pretty sure it isn’t horrible either.

1 Like

Nah, I only train for strength right now.

Though the allure of round delts has never escaped me :joy:
This is the best my deadlift has ever moved , to be honest. You may be right, but I’ve tinkered and obsessed over it more than I’ve actually gotten to just enjoy lifting it .