T Nation

What Business is it of Yours Where I'm From, Friendo?

Thanks !!:grin:

I’ve always had an easy time gaining upper body strength, wayy more so than lower body. I’m a backwards girl !! Last year my bench was stronger than my front squat lOL. Like I benched 138lbs x 5 and front squatted 135 for doubles.

But I’ll take it! It’s better than having weak upper and lower body strength, :laughing:

Ok awesome day

Squats
115lbs x 9
135lbs x 9
145lbs x 9
155lbs x 9

Pin squats
145lbs x 5
150lbs x 2 sets of 5

Paused bench
95lbs x 4
105lbs x 2 sets of 4
95lbs x 2 sets of 4 (super long pause)

One arm landmine press ss Bulgarian split squats
Bar + 10lbs // 15lbs
X 12 / x 12
X 12 / x 12
Front foot elevated db split squats ss lateral raises
15lbs / 7.5lbs
X 8 / x 50
X 8 / x 25

Leg ext.
55lbs x 15
70lbs x 10
85lbs x 8
70lbs x 8
55lbs x 8

Single leg ext
One leg iso holds while other leg reps
30lbs x 10

Step mill intervals x 20 min

Wt 123.8lbs

Boom I feel awesome
K
BY÷
EBYE

As you should. =]

Yay for you, Spockie! And you look awesome too!

Thanks guys :hugs:

Today
Deadlifts
135lbs x 2 sets of 4
185lbs x 4
Belt
205lbs x 4
215lbs x 2 sets of 4

1hr back stuff
Bi
20 min step mill
All perf.
BYE

And btw you look awesome as well Jenn.
I saw this post and thought that was a short workout for Jenn.
But then I read

And yup it’s Jenn alright.
You’re awesome

K great

Front squats
95lbs x 2
115lbs x 2
125lbs x 2
130lbs x 2
135lbs x 2
140lbs x 2
115lbs x 3 sets of 2

Bench press
95lbs x 6
105lbs x 6
110lbs x 6

Tempo bench
100lbs x 2 sets of 5

Barbell split squats
65lbs x 2 sets of 8, x 10

Incline db press
27.5lbs x 12
32.5lbs x 2 sets of 8

Reverse grip d handle tri ext
3 x 10

Stepmill x 20

Rest tomorrow
Bye

Rest day thoughts:

Does anyone/everyone else with children get mortified by the thought of time passing or their child aging?

My son will be 12 in a month, heading off to Jr high, and when I am tried or just in a sensitive state I start to feel intense bouts of separation anxiety about the thought of him getting older.

I basically want him to stop aging as of yesterday. Not because I worry about what he will be like as a teenager or a young adult, but because he’s my best friend and I do everything with him. When he starts to get older he will perhaps get a girlfriend, more friends, a part-time job, a life away from me and then I will literally be all alone.

Right now I don’t feel super lonely because every day off I have I plan things for us to do together that we both enjoy. Before bed and over dinner we are together and even if we aren’t hanging out I hear his gaming noises or we can make conversation so I never really have to feel alone.

He was going to be going camping with his other family for like 5 days at the end of the month and I shit you not I almost cried because I didn’t want to think about being alone for 5 days.

I have no man and no friends. My mom and my son are the only people in my world. I don’t want them to age and I don’t want anything to change because I don’t want to be all by myself.

I honestly do not see myself actually meeting anyone any time soon. I am happy, but I am still a very disordered person, and a man getting used to all my “quirks” would be quite the feat, and I don’t believe it’s in the cards for me.

Anyway, just some thoughts I have been having as of late. I am not super down, just worried that in the future I’ll be super down I guess, LOL
BYE

Plenty of fish in the sea spock

I know that, and I know there are some great ones out there. It’s not them I feel is the issue, it’s me.

I am pretty messed up about a lot of things, and I feel those things in particular wouldn’t really pave the way to develop a relationship very easily.

I think that’s called… been put thru the wringer. And you are not willing to put up with that shit again!

Yes, that’s a large part of it, I think.
Maybe he conditioned me to believe that because I am my ailments I am unlovable or undeserving of commitment or a real relationship.

Maybe it’s not so much that I have these “issues”, but that he made me feel that I wont find anyone willing to put up with them.

Because right now that is what I believe. I deemed myself too disordered to be with someone, but maybe he is the one who put that idea in my head in the first place.

I completely understand this, and though I believe it to be the farthest from the truth, you will have to believe it yourself. And that shit is hard!!!
You are going a great job of getting back on track!

I don’t really know you at all yet but you seem like a fun person with a lot to offer. I wouldn’t give up on yourself, I hope you find a good guy and I think you will, if that’s what you want.

thanks you guys!! :smiley:

I think I am staying on track better than I ever have, that’s for sure.

I am not going to rush anything or try to rush myself into wanting something that I don’t even want right now. But that’s why my son needs to only been 10 still :stuck_out_tongue:

You never know! Is your son sporty?? Maybe as he gets older he might get an interest in lifting ?? That’s a way to spend time together! I used to go to the gym with my dad - a lot of my sisters did to- as teenagers!

Why couldn’t my sisters have been into lifting dammit! Ended up baking and playing tennis with them, lol. Thankfully my younger sister likes funny movies and the middle one likes hiking and basketball also.

Don’t worry about your quirks and dysfunctions, just live your life and do what you enjoy doing. If you want to look for them, there is someone out there whose quirks and dysfunctions will mesh with yours well enough to make a good match, and doing the things you enjoy doing is where you meet people you have things in common with.

But of course, if you don’t want to look, that’s okay too. There is value in learning to be alone comfortably, and I think being comfortable with being alone sometimes makes you a better partner when you are ready to make that jump.

Thank you for this. Loved this post !!
I am enjoying being single right now, there is no question about that. And who knows , maybe I’ll continue to enjoy it even when Gabe isn’t spending as much time with me.

k really good one today

paused squats

115lbs x 3
135lbs x 3
155lbs x 3
165lbs x 3
170lbs x 3 sets of 3

double paused squats
145lbs x 3
150lbs x 3

military press
65lbs x 8