T Nation

What Brand of Shoes are These?

Anyone know what brand of shoes these are?

I thought it was otomix…but it does not look like it off thier website…as the soles are tan in the picture and not tan on the website…

http://www.bestforminc.com/otomix.cfm

if you dont know…dont respond!

WTF?

dang yoru right…the pic came out too small…

let me try again…

I think the tan you see is shadow. The tops look like otomomix.

I don’t understand why more people aren’t using them. They used to be the shit.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I think the tan you see is shadow. The tops look like otomomix.

I don’t understand why more people aren’t using them. They used to be the shit.[/quote]

you know what…I think your correct…the more I look at it…it could be a shadow…

I have been wearing my black converse …I want to switch it up…and im not wearing my nike airs anymore(they kill my feet) my feet all squishing around in there…

this pic shows the shoe better…when you enlarge it…

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/148/otomixfi0.gif

darn definitely not a shadow…definitely tan sole…

I still might buy them none the less…it does not have to be exactly like slys…lol

I don’t know if Sly’s are Otomix, or not. But the lady is definitely wearing otomix.

I hear those shoes are very accurate at measuring your bodyfat.

But don’t forget to buy you some of these!

These durable Weightlifting Shoes provide the ankle support you need.

Ankle support? Does everyone at Otomix do lifts on a swiss ball or something?

[quote]supabeast wrote:
These durable Weightlifting Shoes provide the ankle support you need.

Ankle support? Does everyone at Otomix do lifts on a swiss ball or something?[/quote]

Go look up the BBer’s back in the late 80’s - early 90’s. They’re all wearing otomix.

They were rocking Otomix before you could piss in a commode.

[quote]derek wrote:
But don’t forget to buy you some of these![/quote]

LMAO! I never got those lifting pants… suppose it a comfort thing.
A BB i used to know who was in phenom shape and 50yrs old. I mean not good for 50, just good full stop.

He still wore those pants like Hulk Hogan or something!! lol!

Joe

[quote]Joe Joseph wrote:
WTF?[/quote]

So what is with these shoes then? Are they lifting boots, or what? I am not famliar with them.

I apologise to the OP, i didnt realise they had a BB relevance.

Joe

[quote]Joe Joseph wrote:
Joe Joseph wrote:
WTF?

So what is with these shoes then? Are they lifting boots, or what? I am not famliar with them.

I apologise to the OP, i didnt realise they had a BB relevance.

Joe[/quote]

Otomix was a brand of shoe that was reached iconic status 15-20 years ago, until folks realized they could just wear Chucks.

I’m seriously thinking of getting me a pair just for nostalgia’s sake.

Thanks,

When you say chucks, do you mean chuck taylors?

Lucky i am married to a yank, or i REALLY wouldn’t have a clue! -While we have those converse, they are not too fashionable with most groups here, but what the fuck do i know? i am too old to know what the hip kids are into now! heh!

Joe

lol. yea otomix used to be everywhere back in the day. otomix was to bodybuilding what chuck taylors are now to powerlifting.

I ordered mine last night…withOUT the clown pants…

I dont care about the ankle stability part on these or chucks as I dont even tie my laces all the way…

I care more about the flat sole and no cushioning…ill report back when I get them…

lol yes I like the flat sole idea for lifting.

I bought some Globe slippers that have a skate shoe sole on them that is flat as hell. One day just for shits and giggles I squated in them to see how I liked them, plus I prefer to train calves w/out shoes so they are easier to take off. I liked wearing them and felt more stable, felt like I had better grip on the ground. lol Now these are my leg day shoe. lol So If you see a new craze come about bodybuilders lifting in slippers you know who started the craze. lol jk

I also am thinking about getting a pair of otomix. A couple actually, I kind of like their martial arts shoe too. Got the chucks comin as well. lol

Gerdy

I use wrestling shoes from Nike…

flat, good traction and cheep. (Nike outlet)

Solid