What Bloodwork to Run?

My SHBG is 17 so it doesn’t seem to be getting higher from drinking. 17 seems more on the low end. And yes, the calories do add up with the craft beer but they’re also filling so I don’t eat as much I guess. I’m at 13% body fat. 6’5 220lbs so I’m not ripped but definitely not fat. Doing crossfit 3 or so times a week helps burn a bunch of calories so that helps keep the weight off too.

Cheers! :beers:

I thought that when I quit drinking a six pack a day (I drank mostly IPA) that my gut would just melt away. I really didn’t have that much fat elsewhere, but to my surprise it didn’t. I had to be consuming close to 1200 calories a day from beer and although I did start eating more I don’t think it added up to nearly 1200 calories more :^ /
BTW, we have bullet proof livers in our family. I drank similar to this for probably 20 yrs, with a reduction here and there, and my liver function results were always well within normal.

1 Like

Preach. I quit 8 months ago and still trying to drop the gut. Ive been on 2000 cals for 4 weeks and the scale has barely budged. I would say when drinking I was eating at least 2800-3000 cals a day plus another 1000 cals in beer… I may have a thyroid issue though based on that and how I feel generally. Weight does NOT come off easy for me.