What Bloodwork Tests to Get ?

[quote]dcm1602 wrote:
Hmm for anyone who knows better does this sound right…

So I asked my doc to give ma script for blood work for

(C-reactive protein, fibrinogen, test panel, H-a1c, homocystine, maybe one more?)

And he said sure why not and wrote it all out and said I hope your insurance covers it all

I called up Empire BC/BS and they said theyll cover all of it 100% as long as its in network.

It sounds too good to be true, could that be right ?

Or am I still gonna end up with a 1000$ bill somehow [/quote]

I’ll send you an invoice. What’s your address?

[quote]Mdgray82 wrote:

[quote]dcm1602 wrote:
Hmm for anyone who knows better does this sound right…

So I asked my doc to give ma script for blood work for

(C-reactive protein, fibrinogen, test panel, H-a1c, homocystine, maybe one more?)

And he said sure why not and wrote it all out and said I hope your insurance covers it all

I called up Empire BC/BS and they said theyll cover all of it 100% as long as its in network.

It sounds too good to be true, could that be right ?

Or am I still gonna end up with a 1000$ bill somehow [/quote]

Insurance can always deny, but if you specifically named all the tests on the phone to the person then they should cover it. For reference my girlfriend had insurance deny something that they had said was covered. Since the conversation was recorded she fought it and insurance paid it.

For the record you are most likely wasting insurance money and irresponsable use of healthcare is part of our current problem in the healthcare system.[/quote]

Blood test can be an incredibly effective screening tool allowing you to combat long term problems long before they become real problems which end up costing far more money.

For instance Fibrinogen incredibly effective for showing levels of inflmation (markers of inflammatory disease ie arthitis) and heart disease. CReactive Protein again incredibly useful for inflmation as well as diabetes, heart disease, hypertension (probably 3 of the biggest health problems in the world)

Its not like I randomly picked some test out of Google, because I thought hey that might be interesting.

Id rather have as much information on my health as possible, so that I could personally take care of my own health as much as possible through nutritional/supplement interventions, rather than not worry about it.

Sure its possible that some money could be wasted on unnecessary tests, but if the AVERAGE (not talking your average Tnation memeber)person gave a shit about their health and preventing future health problems even half as much as I do, then I guarantee healthcare spending would be less than 1/10th of what it is now.

Preventing problems is exponentially cheaper than fixing them.

(I will concede the only somewhat pointless test that I got was a testosterone panel, but what guy isn’t incredibly interested in that. Plus it could be insightful to potential glandular/hormonal problems ie the pitutary)

While you’re at it, you should ask them to check your Midichlorian count…unless someone already suggested that.