What Bloodwork is Needed?

Hi all,

Due to ongoing exertion headaches, my chiro has requested my DR to a complete blood work up done…
I’m trying to kill two birds with one stone, and asked him to do hormone tests as well…
The below is what he has requested from the lab:
FBC
Ferritin
U+E+crt
LFt
fasting glucose
Lipid/HDT
b12/foliate
PSA
Testosterone
Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Other than the headaches, and a few niggling injuries, overall I feel great… going through a messy divorce, but stress levels are OK, diet average, but kinda perma bulking…
40 years old
100kg
Probably ideally about 95kg so a few kilo’s overweight…
6ft
Cheers for any advice, or comments…
Tim

For hormones, you should test SHBG, total testosterone, TSH, FT3, FT4.

Once those come back you can reevaluate and see if you need more testing. But those will give you a decent benchmark.

If money is not an object, you could go straight into the full pre-TRT panel which includes the stuff I already mentioned as well as

CBC
CMP
Estradiol (sensitive)
FSH
LH
Igf-1
Hematocrit
DHT
Prolactin
PSA

Add to the list:
LH
FSH
Vit D
B12
Follate
Igf1
PSA

If you want a full iron panel

Full thyroid panel

Here’s what I got done last time that you can look through

Awesome, thanks guys. I’ve moved houses and changed doctors, so need to go back and get my previous results, as my Dr kept them in his files.

As I’ve got a new Dr now, I’m keen to get as complete a picture as I can, not that I’m experiencing any particular problems, just to get a complete picture.

Drs in Australia seem to either play dumb, or don’t seem to be experienced in TRT, so I seem to need to prompt him as to what tests I’m after.

Thanks again for your input guys, I’ll post the results once I’ve received them, and I’ll be keen for your input on the results.

1 Like