T Nation

What Biotest Stuff Would You Get?

Ok, so I am in the states for the first time in months now and I am going to order some Biotest supplements while I am here(shipping to Iceland is killer, more then doubles the price of the supplements). I am not sure what I should get though, so I am asking you guys, what would you recommend and why?

Maybe list what you would take when trying to lose weight and a separate list of what you like when bulking up. I won’t be spending more than 200$ and I can get quality fish oil for a lot less than what I’d pay for Flameout back home so 11-T and Flameout are out.

Losing Weight: HOT-ROX, Leucine
I haven’t tried ReceptorMax but people have commented on it’s effectiveness with re-comp

Bulking: Surge, Leucine, Metabolic Drive

Some of the newer Biotest products are not included, but you might find this article by TC to be of help.

Been trying Leucine for a week and absolutely love it.

What jfit suggested seems about right. Metabolic Drive is a very very good protein as well but if you are bulking, I would try to get most of my calories from food. SURGE Recovery is just great. I also LOVE Beta-Alanine which is Beta-7 from the store

Depending on what you use currently and have access to, I would probably rate them in importance for bulking: SURGE Recovery, Leucine, Beta-7, Metabolic Drive.

SURGE Workout Fuel is also great but probably not the best bet if you are just looking to spend $200.

Personally I’d get some SURGE Recovery, Leucine, and Beta-7.

I would stay here in the States until Anaconda is released. Minimize expenses so you can afford lots of it, so this means sleeping in subways. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Just ordered some stuff for myself,… I tend to stick with the basics,… 8 tubs of Metabolic Drive low carb, 2 containers of leucine. As much as I love the Flameout, finances have pushed me to using the crap brands from BJs. Still, when your cubboard is totally stocked with Metabolic Drive, it makes it a lot easier when you don’t feel like eating to force down a shake.

S

[quote]elusive wrote:
I would stay here in the States until Anaconda is released. Minimize expenses so you can afford lots of it, so this means sleeping in subways. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.[/quote]

I thought Anaconda was just a low-carb Surge Recovery?

Personally, I’ve always stayed away from proprietary blends of stuff. I did just get the Leucine and I really like it so far. I’m using it primarily to keep lean weight while trying to drop excess fat. I measure my % bodyfat and skeletal muscle daily and have noticed the difference. The price is good too when comparing it to BCAA supps.

[quote]Joris wrote:
elusive wrote:
I would stay here in the States until Anaconda is released. Minimize expenses so you can afford lots of it, so this means sleeping in subways. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I thought Anaconda was just a low-carb Surge Recovery?[/quote]

I dunno what it is. lol. Has it been confirmed that it is the Low Carb Recovery drink thats being talked about?

Isn’t Anaconda the secret project for the past two years that will rival the gains of MAG-10? I can’t see how these ingredients can replicate results of a hormonal supp.

ah found it: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_author/wrong_thread_1?id=1898266&pageNo=20#2678162

Ok, now someone explain to me how a low carb protein shake is going to rival a pro-hormone?

It’s a ‘MAGIC’ shake! -lol

S

If avoiding/minimizing shipping costs is a concern, I’d go with SURGE Workout Fuel, SURGE Recovery, and Metabolic Drive.

I’ll be using these products regardless of whether I’m leaning up or gaining.

Add Leucine and Carbolin 19 or Alpha Male if you have enough money remaining.

Bulking: Metabolic Drive bars. Metabolic Drive Low-Carb is replaceable with cottage cheese and Metabolic Drive Complete is expendable, but the bars are straight up ESSENTIAL! Also, Leucine is very cool. finally, are you sure you don’t want Flameout? It’s far more concentrated than any other fish oil supplements I’ve seen so far!

Cutting: HOT-ROX.

Either: Superfood… Love it. Also, Surge is incredible. I’d spend most of my money on this, actually. Surge Recovery is great, Surge Workout Fuel isn’t half bad but more of a treat than a necessity.

Thank you for the suggestions guys! I appreciate them.

I was really hoping to see Biotest give us a X-Mas present and have Anaconda available today

That would have been so cool.