What BF% for ripped abs?

This might be a difficult question to answer specifically. At what BF% do you see decently ripped abs? I am looking for a target BF% as a goal. I, like many of you, have a predisposition for fat around my midsection, so I figure I have to get pretty lean to show my abs, since the gut fat will probably be the last to go. I am looking for your personal experiences on the subject.

Jayhawk

Seven percent or under. Rock-hard usually requires 4-6 depending on how you store your fat.

It’s very subjective. A friend of mine stays at about 7% all year, and you can’t see his abs, even though he has an extremely strong, solid core. You can see a six-pack on me, with obliques, even at around 12%. Granted, I wouldn’t consider it a rock-solid, chiseled six pack, but you can still count all six and see the obliques. I started doing sit-ups for wrestling when I was around 6 years old and have always been able to see my abs, so that might have something to do with it.

PLEASE do a search before posting! This topic has been discussed MULTIPLE times, and most recently only a few days ago.

You should find ALL the info you need there. SRS