What Bench to Get?

Gents,

I just got a power rack for my home set up and I am now looking for a bench. I am 5’7 with short legs so I am looking for a brand or type of bench that id closer to the ground than average.

I prefer a completely flat bench with no hinges for inclines. Any info from personal experience would be great, thank you.

[quote]el magico wrote:
Gents,

I just got a power rack for my home set up and I am now looking for a bench. I am 5’7 with short legs so I am looking for a brand or type of bench that id closer to the ground than average.

I prefer a completely flat bench with no hinges for inclines. Any info from personal experience would be great, thank you.[/quote]

I have the regular old flat bench from elite fts to use in my powerrack. I think it is awesome and would recommend it. It seems wider than most of the benches I have used before which I like. However it also seems higher than the ones I used to use at the gym.

Hope that helps.

Body Solid incline/decline heavy duty bench WFID70 apparently it has a 1000lb limit at all angles. It is very sturdy and so far no probs - (i weigh 280lbs and can incline press 330lbs)

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1228

el magico, I just PMed you complete plans for a flat utility bench made out of 2" square tubing. If you can’t build it yourself, just take the plans to a fabrication shop and they can help you out. The bench will be very heavy duty and much cheaper than paying retail. Any questions, just ask.

Get the Ironmaster Super Bench.

You’ll be very happy. Although it is 20" tall and is not great for us short guys (I’m 5’4"), you can either put your feet on the feet of the bench, use 25lb plates under your feet or buy the additional calf raise/foot plate from them.

I have no problems with this bench even though it is higher. I am very happy that I bought it. The price is great, the material is good, the design is awesome, it’s sturdy and does everything I need (flat, decline or incline).

I know you get what you pay for, but I came across this on a search:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5155937

just curious if anyone has personal experience… thanks!

[quote]el magico wrote:
Gents,

I am 5’7 with short legs so I am looking for a brand or type of bench that id closer to the ground than average.

.[/quote]

OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DOO
I’VE GOT A PERFECT PUZZLE FOR YOU
OOMPA LOOMPA, DOOMPADAH DEE
IF YOU ARE WISE YOU’LL LISTEN ME…

…just joking dog, check out the elite fitness site. They have everything and if you call them they will advise you on what is best for you. They are very helpful.

or you could nail a couple two by fours down where your feet touch, if you cant lower the bench, raise the floor

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
el magico wrote:
Gents,

I am 5’7 with short legs so I am looking for a brand or type of bench that id closer to the ground than average.

OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DOO
I’VE GOT A PERFECT PUZZLE FOR YOU
OOMPA LOOMPA, DOOMPADAH DEE
IF YOU ARE WISE YOU’LL LISTEN ME…

…just joking dog, check out the elite fitness site. They have everything and if you call them they will advise you on what is best for you. They are very helpful.[/quote]

LOL!!! OOMPA is right!

I ended up ordering the flat bench from newyorkbarbells, its 18 inches high and the pad is 12" wide. If ayone is interested I’ll write about it when it arrives. Or if someone owns it I’d welcome your feedback.

$99, free shipping, and their good rep on this board - I’m sure it’ll be great. thanks everyone for your responses.

(oompa loompa! what a bastard :slight_smile: