T Nation

What Are Your Rules?

What are the top 3 rules you follow? In the gym, in competition, life, whatever.

Only lifts with good form and full range of movement is counted, never have a relationship with someone that is crazy, in fact stay far away from any crazy females, and be relaxed with what life throws at you, and approach it with a calm, and reasonable mind. Those aren’t the top three rules, they are just what I could think of that I follow, or try my best to follow.

1. Intensity is key. Every time you are in the gym, be there with a purpose and a focus. That’s what separates you from all the other people who are just there going through the motions.

2. Hard work and time. Those are the only things you need to succeed. You can manipulate hard work, but not time, which can be frustrating. But if you work your ass off and you are patient, you can reach any goal.

3. For someone who loves lifting and wants to fix every problem by lifting harder, lifting more, one of the hardest things to remember is the importance of backing off sometimes. Sometimes the “Hard” work that you need to do is to keep yourself in check - don’t go for that last rep with sloppy form, or take that extra rest day if you really need it. Most people’s problem is that they never push themselves - but we often push ourselves past our limits, so we need to remember that strength is a marathon, not a sprint. Time, again, is key.

[quote]N.K. wrote:

1. Intensity is key. Every time you are in the gym, be there with a purpose and a focus. That’s what separates you from all the other people who are just there going through the motions.

2. Hard work and time. Those are the only things you need to succeed. You can manipulate hard work, but not time, which can be frustrating. But if you work your ass off and you are patient, you can reach any goal.

3. For someone who loves lifting and wants to fix every problem by lifting harder, lifting more, one of the hardest things to remember is the importance of backing off sometimes. Sometimes the “Hard” work that you need to do is to keep yourself in check - don’t go for that last rep with sloppy form, or take that extra rest day if you really need it. Most people’s problem is that they never push themselves - but we often push ourselves past our limits, so we need to remember that strength is a marathon, not a sprint. Time, again, is key. [/quote]

really good post there bro.

1. Connection
    Mentally connect with the muscle every time you touch a weight.

2. Once the training is done properly, food is the most important thing in the world.

3. Its all about you.
    I couldn’t give a flying fuck what others are doing in the gym and what others look like. I smash MY goals.

Live…Love…Laugh…no

1. Find pleasure in everything you do- if something is hard or not fun, but you want to reap the rewards, find a way to enjoy it. Happiness is a state of mind that can, if you’re willing to fight through a little pain, be accomplished by anyone.

2. Do the things and the lifts you’re afraid of- Don’t try and jump a moving bus on a motorcycle or squat 500 pounds because you’re afraid of them, one step at a time. But if you avoid the things you are afraid of you’ll stagnate, it life and in lifting.

3. Be honest with yourself about how confident you are- the world is full of fake confidence but you know, even if it’s buried in self-deceit, the things that you are and aren’t confident about. By accepting that you’re not confident, you can work towards it step by step, and, most importantly, have faith in your own beliefs.

With any of these rules, be patient with the results but be vigilant in your intelligent efforts, even if your abilities force you to slow down the effort you’d like to put in.

Rule nombre uno: never let no one know
How much, dough you hold, cause you know
The cheddar breed jealousy 'specially
If that man fucked up, get your ass stuck up

Number two: never let em know your next move
Don’t you know Bad Boys move in silence or violence
Take it from your highness (uh-huh)
I done squeezed mad clips at these cats for they bricks and chips

Number three: never trust no-bo-dy
Your moms’ll set that ass up, properly gassed up
Hoodie to mask up, shit, for that fast buck
She be layin in the bushes to light that ass up

Number four: know you heard this before
Never get high, on your own supply

Number five: never sell no crack where you rest at
I don’t care if they want a ounce, tell em bounce

Number six: that god damn credit, dead it
You think a crackhead payin you back, shit forget it

Seven: this rule is so underrated
Keep your family and business completely seperated
Money and blood don’t mix like two dicks and no bitch
Find yourself in serious shit

Number eight: never keep no weight on you
Them cats that squeeze your guns can hold jobs too

Number nine shoulda been number one to me
If you ain’t gettin bags stay the fuck from police (uh-huh)
If niggaz think you snitchin ain’t tryin listen
They be sittin in your kitchen, waitin to start hittin

Number ten: a strong word called consignment
Strictly for live men, not for freshmen
If you ain’t got the clientele say hell no
Cause they gon want they money rain sleet hail snow

[quote]yolo84 wrote:
Rule nombre uno: never let no one know
How much, dough you hold, cause you know
The cheddar breed jealousy 'specially
If that man fucked up, get your ass stuck up

Number two: never let em know your next move
Don’t you know Bad Boys move in silence or violence
Take it from your highness (uh-huh)
I done squeezed mad clips at these cats for they bricks and chips

Number three: never trust no-bo-dy
Your moms’ll set that ass up, properly gassed up
Hoodie to mask up, shit, for that fast buck
She be layin in the bushes to light that ass up

Number four: know you heard this before
Never get high, on your own supply

Number five: never sell no crack where you rest at
I don’t care if they want a ounce, tell em bounce

Number six: that god damn credit, dead it
You think a crackhead payin you back, shit forget it

Seven: this rule is so underrated
Keep your family and business completely seperated
Money and blood don’t mix like two dicks and no bitch
Find yourself in serious shit

Number eight: never keep no weight on you
Them cats that squeeze your guns can hold jobs too

Number nine shoulda been number one to me
If you ain’t gettin bags stay the fuck from police (uh-huh)
If niggaz think you snitchin ain’t tryin listen
They be sittin in your kitchen, waitin to start hittin

Number ten: a strong word called consignment
Strictly for live men, not for freshmen
If you ain’t got the clientele say hell no
Cause they gon want they money rain sleet hail snow[/quote]

I said top 3, but I guess I can make an exception for the big man.

full rom compound movements, sqauat,bench, dead,standing military , atleast 1 gram protein per pound of bodyweight, compound moves hit atleat 1 x a week

Nobody sleeps in a bra in my bed. Not me, not anybody.

Smoke weed every day.

Post on T-Nation after rule number 2.

1. Be Deliberate
  2. Be Intense
  3. Be Consistent

This applies to anything, I have never seen someone with all three of these attributes fail

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Only lifts with good form and full range of movement is counted, never have a relationship with someone that is crazy, in fact stay far away from any crazy females, and be relaxed with what life throws at you, and approach it with a calm, and reasonable mind. Those aren’t the top three rules, they are just what I could think of that I follow, or try my best to follow. [/quote]

They are all crazy, its a matter of degrees.

rule 1: if anyone asks for my help and doesnt take/need it…fuck em.

rule 2: listen to yourself…then when yourself sounds like a pussy, beat his ass with iron.

rule 3: free time = more lift time.

[quote]mkral55 wrote:

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Only lifts with good form and full range of movement is counted, never have a relationship with someone that is crazy, in fact stay far away from any crazy females, and be relaxed with what life throws at you, and approach it with a calm, and reasonable mind. Those aren’t the top three rules, they are just what I could think of that I follow, or try my best to follow. [/quote]

They are all crazy, its a matter of degrees. [/quote]

I know a wise old man who says if your gonna get married to make some kids, find the craziest skinniest girl you can handle, because they only get more boring and fat once you put a ring on em.

I always wonder if he is a god, my father figure I never had, or a lazy reluctant sociopath

1. Trust yourself; fuck everybody else - they’ll only get in the way.

2. Make time for family.

3. Pray.

CS

Not necessarily in order:

1. Be myself and do what i want to do regardless of what others are doing/saying.

2. Learn to laugh/have a sense of humor, even if i don’t feel like it.

3. Be relentless, but learn to be able to take a step back when necessary.