What Are Your Goals?

I am 46 and currently at 220 Lbs, 6’ 4 1/4" tall and have 38" waist size pants. I graduated highschool at same height at 140 Lbs with all my clothes/shoes on. I have to work to maintain my current weight level. A couple of years ago I was up to 234 Lbs with same waist size. I got sick (threw up every morning for three months) lost 30 Lbs and stayed the same waist size (bummer). It has been a long haul to get back to where I am today. Currently coming back after a rotator cuff problem.

I have read nearly every single article on T-Mag over the last 4+ yrs. Learned a lot and continue to question and dig and learn more.

My goal is to get to 265Lbs with same waist size.

[quote], reminds me of Satchel PAige’s advice not to look back.
old dogg [/quote]

satchell also said “how old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?”

That should be at the top of this forum.

I’m 40 y/o, 6’6" and 265.

In high school I was the tall skinny bastard that could eat everything in sight. I graduated at 6’6" and a rib counting 144lbs. In my late 20’s I hung at a weight of 210 for along time, until I became a paramedic and sat all day. After 5 years of that job I’d gained 25 pounds and wasnt happy with myself. I started lifting in the garage and got back to 225 when I was excepted to physician assistent’s training. This was intense and I had no time to lift. I spent my days in class, and my evenings sitting with a book in my lap studying until after midnight. I graduated from PA school at 240.

I broke my collar bone last year the first week of Feb, and eventually had a plate and 8 screws put in on July 1st due to delayed healing . The Ortho told me I could start to lift again in December so basically I just started again.

I had lifted for better than a year on my own in the garage and had just started to lift with friends when I broke my collar bone.

My Goals are to get back into shape after gaining 30lbs, I was up to 290 after the fracture. I have 5 kids and want to be able to play and be active with them. I also want to show my kids a positive role model for a fit life.

My early goals when I frist started were to bench 225, squat 225 (painful knees) and pull 315. I have surpassed these. I can bench 225, have squatted 315, and pulled 365. I look at each workout as my next challenge and enjoy surpassing my old goals.

I havent set any new weight goals. We are starting a new cycle and havent desided on what program we are to undertake. WE will have to see what I can do at the end of this cycle.

37 years old and 180. Not sure of body fat levels but it’s not to bad.

I intend to enter another powerlifting meet in the 165 pound weight class. I haven’t competed in 11 years and want to see how close I can get to my best competition lifts but compete raw this time around. My best competition lifts (ADFPA at 165) were 530 squat, 320 bench and 505 deadlift. I have no particular desire to put on a squat suit or bench shirt ever again. Winning a trophy is not what motivates me instead I simply seek to improve my current raw lifts. Plus, my kids all compete in sports and they want to watch me compete as well.

A three lift total of 1824.

5’7" 240LBS, 37 YEARS OLD.

goals are to squat 700 and pull in the mid 600’s before 2006.

also to eat healthy. i could give a fuck about portion size and my bf %, i just want to put healthy foods in my mouth.

i fear that it will take my first heart attack before i really commit to this. i hope that is not the case and i can get in the right mind to do this though.

I’m 53 5’9" 235lbs and couldn’t care less about bf. I quit looking at the scale and just concentrated on lifting heavier and heavier. I am satisfied with my body because I am lifting some huge weights (for me). The best routine I have ever used is the 10 x 3 that was posted on t-mag awhile ago. It boosted my strength and really showed me what a good workout it was.
I have been lifting three times a week for 1 1/2 years now. I gave up all other sports, because of operations to hips, and just move weights.
My goal is to 1rm 315. Then keep lifting more and more. This is a far cry from the 1rm of 225 I started a few years ago. It’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon.
Good lifting to all of you and stay strong.

Height: 6’2"
Current Weight: 207
Current Body Fat: Apx 20%

I’ve dropped a few pounds and a point of body fat so far this year.

Right now my goals are simple: get leaner and stronger. I’d like to get to 15% body fat sooner rather than later and see what I look like at a lean 190. I’m new to all this body composition stuff so I’m taking this time to learn what I look like and how strong I can get.

Another goal is to become oblivious to the siren call of the frapuccino (they’re eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevillll).

I want to be stronger than Ericka. God damn I hated typing that.

[I didn’t know that this was in the 35+ list until after I saw my post. I grabbed it off the top 10 over on the left. Anyhoo, I’m more with you guys than the younger crowd. I must use a smart approach to training and nutrition to trick my body into growth.]

Current:
6’2"
230#s
~12-14%BF

Goals:
6’5"
275#s
5% BF
simultaneously have mad sex with Carmen Electra, Jenny McCarthy, Monica Brant, Elizabeth Hurley, Rene Russo, and Alyssa Milano

Real Goals:
250#s
8% BF

People almost always understimate my weight by 10-30#s. That means that I don’t look very big. Whereas many guys are wider with bigger arms, I am thicker with longer arms. I am fairly balanced, so my legs and back probably carry that 10-30 #s. So, I need a lot more muscle to look how I want to look. I do not consider myself very strong but still use weights in addition to appearance and the scale to measure progress. So I need to:
bench 365 (from 275)
ass to grass squat 405 (from ~335)
front squat 315 (from ~275)
DL 500+ (from 400+)
push press 275 (from 215)
pullup with 100#s (from ~ 50#s)
power clean 315 (from 245)

BFG

5’8" and shrinking, 192 lbs B.N. (buck nekkid) I’ve sickened of the quest for size (weight) at all costs. I’m staying right here or lighter. I feel better, look better, although less strong than I was at 205 lbs. Goals - eat better, more aerobic, try to stay at least 190 lbs with a 31"-32" waist,
keep my abs right where they are, never wear spandex, do-rags or stupid-ass carnie arm tatoos, bench 300 at age 70, die “with my boots on”.

1.Get / keep shoulders healthy.
2.Improve CV fitness.
3.Body weight down to ~235lb.
4.Bench over 300lb, no BP shirt.
5.COC#3 this year!
6.More muscle mass!
7.Promotion at work.

Dax

Right now, 5’10" @ 240lbs, bf < 20%.
Squat 455, Bench 335, DL 525.

This years goal is 500/365/540. Longer range is 600/405/650.

At 42 I am 5’8
239 pounds
31 % body fat (uhg)
waist 42 (uhg again)

immediate goal, lose 10 pounds, should not be to hard to do.

Rather than set a big goal, I decided to set small goals, attain the goal, then set another goal.
I was 125 pounds when I was 17 y.o.

I want to end up at 175 pounds
I am not sure howw that ends up on the bf chart. Have as much endurance and energy as I did in my twenties, and early thirties. To have a decently built body. And have my wife chase me around the bedroom again!

Get up past 170.

I’m 6’0" and 215 ibs. About 14% BF. I am pretty strong for my age (42). I bench 405 1X and squat 530ibs.

I recently found that my blood pressure is creeping up and cholestrol is getting high. My doc, a former BB looked me in the eye an said why are you trying to get bigger? Your not taking on any fullbacks these days. Basically said get to about 185ibs and I’ll live 10 extra years.

My goal is to get to 185ibs. Stay strong and keep the BF at about 12%. And I really want a hot 20 yr. old to turn her head at the beach this summer when I walk bye. Yeah I know, I can dream.

I am 43, 6’3", 270. Probably high teens for bodyfat. Haven’t had it measured for awhile. I was 280+ for awhile and that sucked. In pursuit of a 4 plate bench (never got there) several years ago, I have basically ruined my shoulders, which were never all that great anyway. Lately, my shoulders have really become problematic. So, my goal is to train smarter and accept the fact that with a 37" sleeve length and a wide but not deep chest, I will be lucky to get back to 355, my personal best back in 99. So my goal is to train for reasonable (???) strength and lifting longevity. Except for bench, I am pretty strong across the board and even bench isn’t all that bad compared to the man on the proverbial street. I am trying to drop down to 250 and maybe I can bench 100 pounds over my body weight. Oh, and I have to get over my bench hang up!

Just ended my clean bulking cycle went
from 220 to 250 11%bf
Benching 700
Squating 900
DeadLift 600

[quote]mfreak wrote:
from 220 to 250 11%bf
Benching 700
Squating 900
DeadLift 600[/quote]

Holy crap! You did that clean? You gotta post more than results, man. Details! Details!

[quote]mfreak wrote:
from 220 to 250 11%bf
Benching 700
Squating 900
DeadLift 600[/quote]

Shizzle. Can you please post more of your diet details??? And…how long were you on this bulking cycle?

Aschy