What are Your Diet Hacks?

Why do you need leeway?

2 Likes

And what exactly are you going to eat by saving 15 calories per slice of bread?Are you going to lick some peanut butter?

2 Likes

Good point.

Please give a measurement here, I can so fuck up the entire batch on this one bullet alone.

But as a post-workout I’d say more carbs are warranted my brother.

1 Like

That’s around 5 grams, but I’m not even sure it is a crucial ingredient!

Yeha I agree, depending on the fruits that’s around 40 grams of carbs. But then a few hours later I have a proper big meal :stuck_out_tongue:

The smallest pack of baking powder I could find was 60g so I’m really happy I asked.

1 Like

Loool it would have a real mess!

The others were 225g hahah

1 Like

Yeah here they are sold in little packs. Apparently baking powder is a little bit less effective than our “levure chimique” so perhaps 7-8 grams

1 Like

Baking powder is important. It’s what makes the pancakes fluffy

What is this magical substance

I stop snacking when I need to lose weight and keep all my food to my planned sit-down meals. It’s amazing how far that goes.

Something else I do is keep the foods I like to eat, but trade them for the lower-calorie versions. Some examples:

• @T3hPwnisher already mentioned the keto bread. They have buns too.
  • Sausage becomes chicken or turkey sausage and is an excellent filler.
  • Kroger sells some chicken burgers that are amazing!
  • Egg whites over eggs.
  • My wife found these super thin slices of cheese, so it still feels like you have cheese in your meal but it’s 1/3 the calories.
  • Always sub for the low-cal/ calorie-free condiments; it’s just too easy not to.

I’m sure not everyone will agree, but I stop obsessing over protein. I prefer protein-rich foods, anyway, so there’s a buffer there. I find when I’m too concerned, it’s a justification to overeat calorically dense foods. I just go with the old-school “every meal has to start with a solid helping of protein” and move on.

I drink 1-1.5 liters of water before each meal (not immediately before; somewhere in the hours leading up). I just have a Nalgene bottle I have to empty. Another surprisingly helpful trick.

I’ll also often order kid’s meals if I have a craving I can’t shake; I get to eat that food, but like 1/3 of what I would have gotten.

5 Likes

I will definitely look for that bread

The kids meal thing is a good idea…never thought of that

1 Like

I guess another diet hack of sorts is that we buy in bulk for a lot of things…saves a fair bit of money in the long run

1 Like

In regards to substitutions, @flappinit turned me on to the idea of greek yogurt in place of sour cream and it’s been a big game changer. I found skyr even moreso has the taste.

4 Likes

I hate eating breakfast so recently I’ve been having an OJ and Greek yoghurt shake. I think I got it from a Stan efferding video but I don’t remember exactly

Anyway it’s delicious and easy to digest (for me)

2 Likes

That’s pretty clever. I haven’t tried that. I don’t think I’ve ever seen skyr, but I’ll keep an eye out.

@kleinhound that sounds disgusting, but I’m glad you’re making it work! To be fair, Murph for a month also sounded disgusting, so maybe you just know what you’re doing.

2 Likes

Lost in translation: the equivalent I find in the dictionary to sour cream is 12% fat and Greek yoghurt here is 10%. How much fat is sour cream in your world?

I suppose I should have written I was meaning to use fat free Greek yogurt/skyr.

3 Likes

We’ve started buying acorn squash, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and carrots - all of them are less than $2.00 a pack at Aldi. Chop them up into bite-sized pieces, bag them with olive oil and LIGHT salt for a shake and bake, spread them on a pan and roast them. I don’t need bread or 'tater chips if I do this. Especially carrots if you’re trying to keep calories down. All are really filling and generally make you feel good.

3 Likes