What Are Your Ambitions in Weightlifting?

Lump it on! smash it up! balls to the walls!

My long term goal is to reach a bw of 125-130kg, I’m currently ~105kg (6"5).

Along with that I’d love to be able to snatch 140 and c&j 180. I’m a pretty rank noobie to olifting (20yo) but have decent strength base and would love to compete in the brits/euros someday.

Nice thread Koing.

[quote]Yonatan wrote:
My long term goal is to reach a bw of 125-130kg, I’m currently ~105kg (6"5).

Along with that I’d love to be able to snatch 140 and c&j 180. I’m a pretty rank noobie to olifting (20yo) but have decent strength base and would love to compete in the brits/euros someday.

Nice thread Koing.[/quote]

31st July is at Crystal Palace, but I think the entries are going to be full now?

Koing

Great thread!!

I’m 24 now and have snatched 105 and c&j 125 in training so I’d like to finish this year w/ 120/150 and I have a long(er) range goal of qualifying for nationals.

Find a decent coach and a gym with the proper equipment…Baby Steps

like the above post, baby steps. to be frank, i would like to have formal technique training and learn how to snatch. goal for this year is to learn enough to compete at the Oregon State Champ. cj 100kg would be nice

This years goal is 100/120 (would be good to achieve the lifts Koing has mentioned 110/125-135), would like to get a 100kg Sn in 10 weeks or so but patience is a virtue.

MOST important goal is to not get injured!!

170 Cn Koing? :smiley:

My goals are:

1. Be able to snatch and jerk again with no issues.
  2. To compete when I can get my shoulder issues settled.

I want to snatch 100kg (current bodyweight is 72kg). I haven’t been lifting long, but I’ve snatched 57kg and cleaned 86kg.

[quote]vaughanOLifter wrote:
This years goal is 100/120 (would be good to achieve the lifts Koing has mentioned 110/125-135), would like to get a 100kg Sn in 10 weeks or so but patience is a virtue.

MOST important goal is to not get injured!!

170 Cn Koing? :D[/quote]

110/125 before the yeaer is over.

170 Cn? Dude I’ll get that in about 5 weeks or less. Just need my f0cking wrist to heel up so I can actually Jerk more often. I’ve been babying ahead of the British this Saturday.

I’m confident you can hit 100 in 10 weeks from today. 11 weeks. 1st Oct is your goal to Sn 100kg mate :smiley:

Koing

[quote]jakshafter wrote:
I want to get 95/115 at my next comp Aug 6 at 85kg, and i want to get 100/120 by the end of this year. Longer term i want make a US Nationals qualifying total (253@85 i think) and compete in that event before i turn 35. I turned 32 in May so i need to improve 10% or so for the next 2 years.

Comp bests are 87 and 105, training bests are 90 and 110.[/quote]

A bit closer now i hit 89 sn and 114 CJ PR Saturday. Maybe i can get 95/120 Aug 6th and up my goals to 105/125-130 end of year.

Once I clean+jerk 405 pounds (4 PLATES AT A COMMERCIAL GYM TO SHOCK PEOPLE) and SMASH that damn thing on the floor to get myself kicked out after the newbies watch me in awe, I can die a happy man.

80/100 for the college championships.

80/100 for the college championships.

Just started Oly lifting two weeks ago after taking a month break from lifting in general due to other time commitments that arose.

As for lifts, I’d like to end this year at a 200 lb snatch and 200 lb cnj for reps. I’ve been ironing out my form and I really feel like that’s the only thing holding me back right now. Once that gets sorted out I should be able to get up to 180/200 very, very easily. I can dl 300x3x3 and fs 275x3x3 so I’m sure that it’s not my lifting capabilities that are lacking at this point.

I’d also like to finish the year at 230 lbs bw. Currently 6’ 9" 205 LOL. Should be attainable if I keep on a steady diet of 6000 Cals and gorging myself with whatever’s in front of my face.

Most of you are looking to compete, which is totally awesome. I’d love to compete down the road, but I’m just not sure if my genetics would allow it ._. tall/lanky/lower back disc herniations every 5 years (in father’s experience). We shall see, though. I’m not counting it out just yet.

Good luck with your ambitions, Koing. You seem to be quite dedicated and able to attain them.

[quote]Zooguido wrote:
Just started Oly lifting two weeks ago after taking a month break from lifting in general due to other time commitments that arose.

As for lifts, I’d like to end this year at a 200 lb snatch and 200 lb cnj for reps. I’ve been ironing out my form and I really feel like that’s the only thing holding me back right now. Once that gets sorted out I should be able to get up to 180/200 very, very easily. I can dl 300x3x3 and fs 275x3x3 so I’m sure that it’s not my lifting capabilities that are lacking at this point.

I’d also like to finish the year at 230 lbs bw. Currently 6’ 9" 205 LOL. Should be attainable if I keep on a steady diet of 6000 Cals and gorging myself with whatever’s in front of my face.

Most of you are looking to compete, which is totally awesome. I’d love to compete down the road, but I’m just not sure if my genetics would allow it ._. tall/lanky/lower back disc herniations every 5 years (in father’s experience). We shall see, though. I’m not counting it out just yet.

Good luck with your ambitions, Koing. You seem to be quite dedicated and able to attain them.[/quote]

Go compete mate. It will focus your training. It’s a huge fallacy to only compete when your good then most people basically NEVER compete. I did 35/45kg at my first comp after 3 weeks training. I knew I wasn’t going to place etc but I didn’t care, I wasn’t even thinking about it. I wanted to compete and see how much I could lift.

I prolapsed my L4 in 2005. Train around it and as long as it’s not life threatening your good to go mate. Drs wanted to operate on me but thats a massive issue.

Koing

what koing said. just compete. It’s not something to be ashamed of if you don’t place 1st. If you want to compete(screw genetics) EVER then start going to comps as soon as possible and to as many as possible. worst case scenario you just make a training session out of it.

Thanks for the motivation, guys. I’m definitely going to see if there are any competitions in town. Good luck with lifting.

Dave

[quote]Zooguido wrote:
Thanks for the motivation, guys. I’m definitely going to see if there are any competitions in town. Good luck with lifting.

Dave[/quote]

DO IT

Koing

[quote]jakshafter wrote:

[quote]jakshafter wrote:
I want to get 95/115 at my next comp Aug 6 at 85kg, and i want to get 100/120 by the end of this year. Longer term i want make a US Nationals qualifying total (253@85 i think) and compete in that event before i turn 35. I turned 32 in May so i need to improve 10% or so for the next 2 years.

Comp bests are 87 and 105, training bests are 90 and 110.[/quote]

A bit closer now i hit 89 sn and 114 CJ PR Saturday. Maybe i can get 95/120 Aug 6th and up my goals to 105/125-130 end of year.[/quote]

2 weeks out from comp now. I snatched 95 for a pr yesterday, and got a 115 C&J. I also cleaned 120 but i fumbled the jerk. I think i can get 98 maybe 100 snatch at the comp and 120 CJ. One more training week to go.