What are your 1RMs?

Goldman, I did a a 120 lb cable curl in a high school weightlifting meet.

Goldberg,

Probably NASA. I checked out one of their meets and was shocked when they were doing 1rm bicep curls. I honestly hope that was something different because I have not done a bicep curl for 2 years now.

I have a really large johnson :wink:

Not that it means a thing, but a BB curl of 185 is just absurd. And so is the bent over row.

I can cheat curl 95lb dumb bells. hehe.

Seriously though it is interesting to know what everyone lifts to put things in perspective as someone said. Of course height and weight would also help to put things in perspective as well.

BEnch - 360 touch and go
DL - 475 no straps or chalk
Squat - I don’t max out on squat. Why? Cause I have condition so I stay with 4 or more reps
CLean and Jerk - 290
HEight - 6’
weight - 190ish

yeah 180kg row, shit thats mad!
Not to slam you bro but a 22plate 45 degree leg press is only really moving 220 kg (rememeber the days of trig).
plus the added benefit of no need to stabilise…
time for westside, honestly its so much fun!!!

365lb bench
545lb deadlift
365lb squat
I’ve curled 185lbs for sets of 6. Not that it matter’s (apperantly). And I’ve bent rowed 365 for sets of 6 as well.

no straps or chalk? What the hell is wrong with chalk? Deadlifting with sweaty hands is somehow more respectible?

Just curious, what condition allows for 4RM squatting, but not 1RM?

To the guy who questioned me about reps and squatting:

I have patella femoral syndrome, and it feels like someone is jabbing knifes into my knee caps when I bend my knees down low. Today I did sets with 315x8 reps 365x8 reps, and 405 for 6 reps. I touch my ass on a plastic school chair for range of motion. Sometimes my knees feel alright, depending on how long its been since ive been playing ball, but I generally avoid doing less than 4 reps b/c the weight begins to get too heavy then, and causes me a greater discomfort. I don’t really see the point in maxing out in it anyway if it ends up hurting my knees- the only reason I max out anything is for my own curiosity.

To Goldberg:

I’m a poor university student, so why buy chalk if I don’t really need it? I don’t think it would help all that much anyway. I stated that to illustrate the point that I don’t use any kind of gear when lifting - afterall I’m not a powerlifter so I’m not concerned with lifting the most amount of weight as possible.

one 16 gallon keg

Whetu: I have the same problem as Josher regarding pain in my knees. I have had it checked out and the Dr’s say that the miniscus (sp?) behind my patella is roughened instead of being smooth. They say there is nothing I can do about it. If I try to squat even moderate weight the next day my knees burn and ache so bad it literally brings tears to my eyes. This only happens if I sit for over 1/2 hour at a time. Last time I tried heavy squats the next day I went to the movies and almost walked (limped) out after the first hour. I was on a date and that is the only reason I stayed. No anti-inflammatories work and have not had any luck with glucosamine/MSM either. Leg presses aren’t too bad on my knees but hacks are murder just like the squats. I really enjoyed squats in the past as I did leg days but just work around my injuries for now. Still love doing 405lbs for 6 reps on stiff legged deads though!
Tryin2getbig: The lifts I posted may seem “unreal” or plain “unbelievable” to you now but get some more time of serious training under your belt and you will get there. Oh, and after looking at your stats I totally understand where your disbelief is coming from. LOL!
My stats: 32 yrs old. 6’1 1/2". 274#'s. Bodyfat %:embarrasing! Actually somewhere around 18%. Years of training: about 14

Bench: 440lbs. (Inzer Phenom; touch and go)
Squat: 550lbs. (knee wraps and belt)
Deadlift: 600lbs. (single ply polyester suit)

Meet lifts
620 Dead
605 squat
500 bench
This was about 4 month ago.

Now in the gym
650 Deadlift
squat not as strong [not sure]
565 Bench
70lbs hammer curls 4x10
150lbs db bench 10 reps
120lbs inc db 12 reps
225 cambered bar for 31 reps
JA

Jackass - Great progress on your bench in the last 4 months. How did you do it, and what weight class do you compete in?

Hey JackAss, those lifts are huge. Do you mind if I ask your age and whether or not you’ve taken your supplementation to the next level? Thanks.
Late,
Mule

JackAss
Yeah, WTF bumped your bench up?

Besides the lifts done in meets, I don’t believe most of you. I would like to see some pictures of some of you deadlifting 450-500 pounds. I don’t believe it.

I want to see pictures of all these lifts. My ass, this must be the strongest group of people ever!

The only person I believe is Goldberg, because I’ve seen him lift.