What Are You Waiting For?

Well Vroom, you do have a good point. I haven’t posted (one minor exception) because often I feel that there is enough being said and written. Ian King once wrote or said that he never gives unsolicited advice in the weight room because he has enough to do and people mostly don’t listen. I am paraphrasing but it was to that effect.

In terms of being a sponge, I am guess I am. I have had the privilege of working with a couple of gurus on this site in one form or other, and have learned tons from them. I have learned tons from this site, started back in 97 checking it out and I advised others to check it out. I have even used info from this site in lectures that I give at a post-secondary institution (with citations!) Even once emailed TC to ask if I could pass on an article here to my students.

I have not, however, perfected my “sponginess” or increased my “sponge threshold” to a satisfactory level, as I have a ****load of info from textbooks and training books that I STILL do not implement enough, and have even tinkered with speed reading so that I can sponge the info more efficiently.

When I got my 2nd degree (too long ago to say when), I figured that I had arrived and was ready to show the world. Well, I have slowly realized that I will continue to learn SOMETHING from EVERYONE (even if it is just what NOT to do or say). I now have learned enough to understand how little I really know.

I love this site, and will probably post once in a while, but the info is great without my input. As you have undoubtedly already figured out, I can be very verbose and long winded. I think that there is enough of that already! Just don’t take me toooo seriously!

Sarcasm and wit does not always carry over in a forum without facial expressions and tones of voice. And to paraphrase Berardi: I need to spend time training and not just reading or writing about training. I fell into that trap as a coach and now have got my ass off the couch. I can relate to students and athletes a lot better now that I am again working out.

Geez I ramble. One more point ? I used to be very involved in another coaching/training forum, and was just too involved. Ate up a lot of time and energy. Another reason for me not to post tons.

For all of you who post a lot ? thanks for your input, I am learning a lot, and at times laughing!

[quote]Jeff Shek wrote:
…“boy on prohormones that could squat 1000”…[/quote]

PLEASE direct me to that thread! How in the hell did I miss that?

…Or are you talking about LightPower?

~Terumo

I read these forums a lot… and I’ve posted once or twice… more so in the get a life section because i felt i had more to offer there…

In regards to X and Vroom… they say some harsh things… but they’re not often wrong or out of place… Maybe I’m being overly generous but I’d chalk it up to ‘tough love’. Which is refreshing!

I mean I haven’t posted any pics, stats, goals, anything… but ill give you a brief overview… im 6’3 ~170… laugh it up… but just this january i was ~150… thanks to the stuff on this site and in these forums, and perhaps the fear that X would use me as a toothpick.

Now my goals are not to be anywhere near as big as X… and i think he can respect that. But I’m also not looking to cut now, because I rather enjoy not looking like a child from the chirstian childrens fund commercials. You can save your 88 cents a day, thank you. I guess what I’m trying to say is that what you call being an ass, i think was helpful to keep me moving in the right direction… plus its usually pretty funny.

Also, the advice, eat, lift, read, eat worked pretty well for me… so while its not flowery and full of praise… its simple and effective

keep up the good work guys
eric

I apologize, I do not recall the poster’s name. All I can state is, he was planning to model, or so he stated that Hollywood had openings for him.

All I can strictly recall is that he was using the wrong exercise and called it a squat.

[quote]Terumo wrote:
Jeff Shek wrote:
…“boy on prohormones that could squat 1000”…

PLEASE direct me to that thread! How in the hell did I miss that?

…Or are you talking about LightPower?

~Terumo[/quote]

He has to be talling about LightPower - Al Shades’ alter ego.

All right, you’ve pulled me in. I’ve been sponging around this site for the past 12 weeks since finding out about T-Nation through the Mens Health forum. I don’t go there anymore.

This site has got to be the best one stop reference for training methods, nutrition advice and just plain old inspiration out there.

I’m 32 and once upon a time would have been described as fit. Five years since quitting rugby, a healthy liking for the amber nectar, and a recent honeymoon saw me heading toward middle aged obesity. Needless to say i awoke from my body destructive pattern in January this year I and saw myself in the mirror, I wasn’t terribly pleased.

A mate put me onto the Mens Health TAP and that got me back into the frame of mind I needed. For thpse just starting I found it a great reintroduction to lifting and fitness. I droped 6 kilos over the nine weeks, actually 8 at one stage but then started to get bigger again, nice to replace fat with muscle.

I finished the TAP and started looking around for my next workout plan. Then I discovered T-Nation, a plethora of methodologies and training plans for whatever results one is searching for. Since January I’ve upped my max bench from 85kg to 115kg. I’ve discovered squats and deads, and seen terrific sttregths gains in all types of lifts. I’ve even informed some guys at my Gym that its a squat rack and they should do curls elsewhere:)

More importantly I’ve stopped the slide of my body and am weighing in at a fairly trim 87kg, I’m 185cm, So I can carry that. Still a couple of kilos over my old playing weight. I’d guess my BF is around 16% (no ab definition unless I’m sucking right in). As I’m in Aussie our summer is 6 months away so I’m looking to consolidate, get stronger and then tone up for the surf.

Anyway what I’m getting at is that for any other newbies out there, there are great gains to be made, not just physiologically. I’m now more confident and much more comfortable in my life than I was 6 months ago. Alot of that I put down to reading on this site about other guys(and girls) who had gone through similar changes. Reading and sharing also allows one to learn from others mistakes and sucesses.

Anyway to the guys and girls who run and contribute to the site thanks, and I’ll contribute where I can in the future rather than just sponge away. By the way how good are aome of the posts on the T-vixen forum. Veggie you are a hoot, love the ass thread.

Burnsey