T Nation

What Are You Reading?

listened to this on audiobook. I liked it

I’m only in the first 100 pages and it connects a lot of dots for me. Looking forward to the rest.

Just finished Dead Souls by Gogol. Interesting insight into provincial Russia in the Tsarist era (did I say that right?) Only frustrating part is a handful of the last pages/paragraphs are missing.

Now I’m slogging through Lords of Finance, emphasis on slogging.

1 Like

I’m still thinking about this book. One of my favorites of this year.

I recently finished The Red Web by Andrei Soldatov and Irina Borogan and just started Dying for an iPhone by Jenny Chan, Mark Selden, and Pun Ngai.

I really really want to read this

Gotten too out of touch with Russia stuff lately

It wasn’t written very well.

1 Like

Good to know thank you

I finished The Wastelands in 4 days. Similar to most of his books, I loved it, but didn’t love the ending (which is actually the beginning of Wizards and Glass, but I’m still counting it). It’s definitely my favorite in the series so far.

1 Like

The Things We Cannot Say by Kelley Rimmer.

An old Jack Chalker short story collection: Dance band on the Titanic.

The Adolescent by Fyodor Dostoevsky

Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke

1 Like

Dog Soldiers by Robert Stone. In no way connected to the 2002 film Dog Soldiers which was waaaaayyyyyyy better.

1 Like

Finished “Tunnels of Cu Chi” by Tom Mangold, now on to “Dreadnought” by Robert K. Massie. In times where I can’t read a physical book I’m also reading “The Parachute and Its Pilot” by Brian Germain on my phone.

“Apples Never Fall” by Liane Moriarty

" Such a Quiet Place" by Megan Miranda

The Desert of Glass by Micheal C Grumley

Just finished The Descent by Jeff Long (no relationship to the movie The Descent, except they both take place underground).

If anyone here has read it and has any suggestions for books kind of like it (not necessarily underground but more horror about ancient cultures/peoples) I would greatly appreciate it.