What Are You Eating?

What is the best way to answer the age old BB question you receive from “normal” people of “what are you eating?” and “why are you eating that?” when it is something they consider weird.

I seem to get these questions more from women than men.

When they ask you what you are eating say “Food”. When they ask why say “Because I’m hungry.” No need to include details if they don’t ask for them.

Little Debbie Snack Cakes

…no, really

J

a combination of carbs, fats, and protein.

I say “steroids” with a smirk on my face.

I get the… “Are you eating again!” all the time. Usually from fat people… :frowning:

What is funny is how at lunch I get. “your lunches always look sooo good” They are just spinach, peppers, carrots and grilled chicken… You know very hard to prepare…

A carefully considered and balanced combination of nutritionaly essential macronutrients, more commonly referred to as proteins, carbs, and fats as well as various micronutrients such as vitamins and minerals all put together into this one easily masticateable and thoughtlessly digestible “meal”, and furthermore I eat one of these “meals” 5-6 times a day in an attempt to further my existence through energy intake and metabolization…

Though it’s a lot to remember just to say “mind your bidness you ignorant peasant”

[quote]IronHell wrote:
I say “steroids” with a smirk on my face.

[/quote]

Though I do say this quite a bit too just to be a dick

A meal replacement shake mixed with distilled water with micellar cassein and CFM WPI as its main protein source, along with a tablespoon of flax seed oil with added GLA and Evening Primrose oil, and one measured cup of Kaisha whole grain cereal. Isn’t that what everyone else says?

After they tell me that is not real food, I let them finish their Happy Meal.

Of course, if someone ever says that the added GLA is probably unnecessary as delta-6-desaturase inhibition should not be an issue for someone my age I’ll head for my cabin in the hills as the apocalypse will surely be upon us.

what about if they wave a limp wrist and say “ooooohhh primrose!” in a big girly voice?

Tokyo.

[quote]gojira wrote:
Tokyo.[/quote]

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!

COOTER!My woman says its real hi in the protein department.Have you ever tried cooter?

Just get that strange look in your eye and smile morbidly and say “small un-cooked animals” and things that would make a billy-goat puke"! Never fails to flip em’ out and they won’t ask again.

Cheers,

RW

[quote]gdm wrote:
After they tell me that is not real food, I let them finish their Happy Meal.[/quote]

I’m on the V-diet right now so this chick I work with keeps saying I’m nuts for “eating” nothing but protein shakes. She says, “you need real food” which by her diet seems to suggest nothing but sugared oatmeal, hotpockets and doritos. Is this a new diet that I missed out on???

[quote]ahex740 wrote:
When they ask you what you are eating say “Food”. When they ask why say “Because I’m hungry.” No need to include details if they don’t ask for them.[/quote]

This is the answer I usually give to guys, but I don’t want to seem like an A**HOLE if an attractive women asks me.

I love this question because what appears in the fridge after. A couple nights ago I started eating my serving of cottage cheese before leaving to go home. Within a week the fridge was suddenly packed with cottage cheese. I watched in utter amazement as the people I work with consume an entire tub of it in one sitting.

My other fav was when I had some beef jerky as a snack. I carefully divide the package into single servings. I have a serving and then watch as the guy next to me eats 3 full packages of O’berto Honey BBQ (12 oz)beef jerky and then wonders why he keeps getting fatter.

I’m to the point now of purposely changing up my snacks to see what kind of stuff they come up with next. They think a Grow! bar is a Take 5 (whatever that is) they are consuming them by the case load. It’s become my new favorite game. They are completely ignoring the time spent actually moving their bodies.

[quote]911 Girl wrote:
I love this question because what appears in the fridge after. A couple nights ago I started eating my serving of cottage cheese before leaving to go home. Within a week the fridge was suddenly packed with cottage cheese. I watched in utter amazement as the people I work with consume an entire tub of it in one sitting.

My other fav was when I had some beef jerky as a snack. I carefully divide the package into single servings. I have a serving and then watch as the guy next to me eats 3 full packages of O’berto Honey BBQ (12 oz)beef jerky and then wonders why he keeps getting fatter.

I’m to the point now of purposely changing up my snacks to see what kind of stuff they come up with next. They think a Grow! bar is a Take 5 (whatever that is) they are consuming them by the case load. It’s become my new favorite game. They are completely ignoring the time spent actually moving their bodies.[/quote]

walk around with a ziplock bag full of dead flys and see what happens.

La’
Redsol1

[quote]911 Girl wrote:

I’m to the point now of purposely changing up my snacks to see what kind of stuff they come up with next. They think a Grow! bar is a Take 5 (whatever that is) they are consuming them by the case load. It’s become my new favorite game. They are completely ignoring the time spent actually moving their bodies.[/quote]

That is hillarious!! :slight_smile:

If they ask you why you eat so many “Take 5” bars tell them you are on a bulking phase.

Soylent Green is PEOPLE… PEOPLE!!! Tell em your eating Soylent Green.