T Nation

What Are These Supplements For?

Hi, as part of the prize I got in a PL meet, I got 3 supplements:
BCAA
Magnesium Active
Aero Power

I know BCAA is amino acids but I’m taking protein powder that has BCAA in it so I won’t use it. Or should I?

And about Magnesium Active - I have no idea what’s it for so could you tell me what it does? Should I take it? Any side affects? Worthwhile? Any articles about it would be great.

And about the Aero Power. From what I understood from the package it’s sort of a pre-workout supplement. Again can you guys tell me about it? Side affects? Makes a difference? And any articles about it will be welcome.

So thanks in advance guys, help me out here!

no idea about the arow power, but if you have the BCAAs anyways then I would use them intra-workout, just dump 20+ grams in to a liter of water and sip throughout your workouts.

As for the magnesium, its just a great sup in general, probably best used by taking it right after a tough workout to help relax or 30-45 minutes before bed to help go to sleep

Each tablet of Aero Power, from the SupHerb-Sport series, contains:
L-Carnitine…350 mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid…70 mg
Caffeine…50 mg
Co-enzyme Q-10…30 mg

[quote]tork94 wrote:
no idea about the arow power, but if you have the BCAAs anyways then I would use them intra-workout, just dump 20+ grams in to a liter of water and sip throughout your workouts.

As for the magnesium, its just a great sup in general, probably best used by taking it right after a tough workout to help relax or 30-45 minutes before bed to help go to sleep
[/quote]
I got it in pills, but I’m saying, I already get some in my protein powder so will it actually help me?
What does the magnesium actually do?

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
L-Carnitine…350 mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid…70 mg
Caffeine…50 mg
Co-enzyme Q-10…30 mg[/quote]
I know what it contains but I have no idea what these things are (except for caffeine of course) care to help me out here?

[quote]yanivgoft wrote:

[quote]tork94 wrote:

[/quote]
I got it in pills, but I’m saying, I already get some in my protein powder so will it actually help me?
What does the magnesium actually do? [/quote]

yes, might not help super noticably, but if you take intra workout you might notice less doms over the next day or 2.

If I were to list everything that magnessium did, i would be typing all day. short list would be: improves insulin sensitivity and decreases cortisol.

[quote]yanivgoft wrote:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
L-Carnitine…350 mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid…70 mg
Caffeine…50 mg
I know what it contains but I have no idea what these things are (except for caffeine of course) care to help me out here?[/quote]

These compounds are typically used for fat loss. Seems like a good supp to take daily to keep you slightly leaner and possibly better nutrient absorption.

And about Magnesium Active - I have no idea what’s it for so could you tell me what it does? Should I take it? Any side affects? Worthwhile? Any articles about it would be great.

Just lettin’ you know… too much magnesium is gonna make you shit your brains out. it is incredibly useful in the correct doses

[quote]tork94 wrote:

[quote]yanivgoft wrote:

[quote]tork94 wrote:

[/quote]
What does the magnesium actually do? [/quote]

yes, might not help super noticably, but if you take intra workout you might notice less doms over the next day or 2.

If I were to list everything that magnessium did, i would be typing all day. short list would be: improves insulin sensitivity and decreases cortisol.
[/quote]
Alright, so I guess I’ll take the BCAA, the package says 4-6 tablets half before the workout and half during the workout so do I take 2-3 during the workout or 2-3 before and 2-3 during?
And about Magnesium could possibly refer me to an article about what it does? I’m having trouble finding it online.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]yanivgoft wrote:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
L-Carnitine…350 mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid…70 mg
Caffeine…50 mg
I know what it contains but I have no idea what these things are (except for caffeine of

These compounds are typically used for fat loss. Seems like a good supp to take daily to keep course) care to help me out here?[/quote]you slightly leaner and possibly better nutrient absorption. [/quote]
So should I take it daily? And how exactly do they help with fat loss?

[quote]yanivgoft wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]yanivgoft wrote:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
L-Carnitine…350 mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid…70 mg
Caffeine…50 mg
I know what it contains but I have no idea what these things are (except for caffeine of

These compounds are typically used for fat loss. Seems like a good supp to take daily to keep course) care to help me out here?[/quote]you slightly leaner and possibly better nutrient absorption. [/quote]
So should I take it daily? And how exactly do they help with fat loss?[/quote]

http://www.T-Nation.com/searchResults.jsp?cx=016420786931182441572%3Akswwmllusns&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=L-Carnitine&sa=&siteurl=www.T-Nation.com%2F&ref=tnation.T-Nation.com%2Ffree_online_forum%2Fdiet_performance_nutrition_supplements%3FpageNo%3D1%26s%3DforumsNavTop&ss=35j1225j2

http://www.T-Nation.com/searchResults.jsp?cx=016420786931182441572%3Akswwmllusns&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=Alpha+Lipoic+Acid&siteurl=www.T-Nation.com%2F&ref=tnation.T-Nation.com%2Ffree_online_forum%2Fdiet_performance_nutrition_supplements%3FpageNo%3D1%26s%3DforumsNavTop&ss=22j484j2

http://www.T-Nation.com/searchResults.jsp?cx=016420786931182441572%3Akswwmllusns&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=Co-enzyme+Q-10&sa=&siteurl=www.T-Nation.com%2F&ref=tnation.T-Nation.com%2Ffree_online_forum%2Fdiet_performance_nutrition_supplements%3FpageNo%3D1%26s%3DforumsNavTop&ss=

I would do a site search here or on google for more information on these subjects.

When dealing with supplements you should research the compounds and use according to the information provided on the product sheet.

Here’s a lengthy description for Aero Power:

[quote]jcw021 wrote:
Just lettin’ you know… too much magnesium is gonna make you shit your brains out. it is incredibly useful in the correct doses[/quote]

It’s true. Poop, every where.

[quote]yanivgoft wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]yanivgoft wrote:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
L-Carnitine…350 mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid…70 mg
Caffeine…50 mg

Yeah, daily is good. Those compounds increase your insulin sensitivity(ALA) and boost your metabolism(Caffeine, CoQ10, L-Carnitine).

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]yanivgoft wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]yanivgoft wrote:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
L-Carnitine…350 mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid…70 mg
Caffeine…50 mg

http://www.T-Nation.com/searchResults.jsp?cx=016420786931182441572%3Akswwmllusns&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=L-Carnitine&sa=&siteurl=www.T-Nation.com%2F&ref=tnation.T-Nation.com%2Ffree_online_forum%2Fdiet_performance_nutrition_supplements%3FpageNo%3D1%26s%3DforumsNavTop&ss=35j1225j2

http://www.T-Nation.com/searchResults.jsp?cx=016420786931182441572%3Akswwmllusns&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=Alpha+Lipoic+Acid&siteurl=www.T-Nation.com%2F&ref=tnation.T-Nation.com%2Ffree_online_forum%2Fdiet_performance_nutrition_supplements%3FpageNo%3D1%26s%3DforumsNavTop&ss=22j484j2

http://www.T-Nation.com/searchResults.jsp?cx=016420786931182441572%3Akswwmllusns&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=Co-enzyme+Q-10&sa=&siteurl=www.T-Nation.com%2F&ref=tnation.T-Nation.com%2Ffree_online_forum%2Fdiet_performance_nutrition_supplements%3FpageNo%3D1%26s%3DforumsNavTop&ss=

I would do a site search here or on google for more information on these subjects.

When dealing with supplements you should research the compounds and use according to the information provided on the product sheet.

Here’s a lengthy description for Aero Power:
http://www.vitaminglobal.com/aero-power-30-tabs-supherb-p-201-c-96_112.html[/quote]