What are the prizes on IPF?

1st place,2nd place and 3rd place and so on…

I am wondering, because i tend to give it a try in few months! but now i lack informations about IPF right now, so im asking you if you know!

I dont even know where it takes place, how do you get sponsors, how you can participate, what are the requirements and so on!

I think a little more information is needed to answer your questions.

What meet is this?

Have you competed before?

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
I think a little more information is needed to answer your questions.

What meet is this?

Have you competed before?

[/quote]

Thats why im asking because i want to compete soon, probably at 67,5kg class, i have around 1 year in this sport ,im not old at all but i know i have potential to get strong so i want to give it a try!

Do i need to win normal competitions before anntempt going to IPF or something like that?
Also where the world competition ipf take places, what are the prizes and so on

Take it easy man, compete first, get stronger and then think about IPF worlds. lol.

And I just think you get a medal. Not too sure.

I will send you a very pretty picture in crayon if you win. It will say “You are the strongest in the world”

In order to compete at an IPF meet, you have to qualify at a national level. To compete at a national level, you usually have to qualify at a local level. Start there if you haven’t already done so. Good luck.

The IPF doesn’t pay its athletes. At most competitions 1st - 3rd place get some sort of a medal or trophy, sometimes at bigger competitions they broaden that out to 1st to 5th place. You don’t get any prize money or any sort of reimbursements. If you can find sponsors that is up to you entirely. To qualify for nationals you usually have to meet some minimum qualification total which is likely found on their website, to qualify for worlds you generally have to be nominated by your governing body in your country and it generally means win or do well at nationals and be able to go.

The IPF is considered strict and highly competitive, although the pool of powerlifters has become a bit more diluted among the various feds over the last 10-15 years so winning a world/national title with them doesn’t quite mean what it used to but it is still super bad assed. If you are in the US then you would compete within the USAPL which is the IPF affiliate for America.