What are Respectable Measurements?

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
It’s been a few weeks since your arm size thread, and you’re still thinking about this?

Just get a mental image of what you want to look like and don’t stop until you get there. These measurements are pointless. Even on an average height person, 16 inch arms can look different on one person as compared to another of the same height.

this thread isn’t about me or my goals. I already have my goals etched in my mind and am working towards them. Seems like 32+ inch thighs seems too be respected, what about forearm size?

and i agree with prof x 24 inch thighs are indeed tiny[/quote]

Ok, so at your height and considering your build(limb length etc), I’d say 20 inch arms (or more) and you definitely get my respect.

In between 19 and 20 might do too, we’ll see, won’t we?

Just out of curiosity. As far as DEVELOPED bodybuilders and athletes go. What is the average goal weights for the various heights? Lets say at 9%BF

Can someone who is 5’8" reach 220pounds at 9% BF naturally?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tietge14.htm

Scroll down this page for a ‘max weight predictor’ @ 8% body fat and natural. This is pretty accurate (although let’s not start another debate over its merits).

[quote]evo2008 wrote:

Scroll down this page for a ‘max weight predictor’ @ 8% body fat and natural. This is pretty accurate (although let’s not start another debate over its merits).[/quote]

Thank you

I just measured last night (first time in 4mo) and this is what I got. I’m 6’-1"

Waist: 33 (no change in 4mo)
Leg/Quad: 32 (1" change in 4mo)
Bi: 16.5 (1" change in 4mo)
Chest: 41.5 (1.5" change in 4mo)

Not too shabby I don’t think, considering I only gained a total of 3lbs of bodyweight in that time.

Don’t strive towards numbers man, they will control your mind and take your focus away from what really matters. eat, lift, sleep, repeat…the results will come.

mine are 17.5 inch (flexed), 16 inch (unflexed). im 6ft. and i would hardly say mine are impressive at all, nobody notices them, but i think that might have to do with the fact that im big all over due to fat.

[quote]evo2008 wrote:

Scroll down this page for a ‘max weight predictor’ @ 8% body fat and natural. This is pretty accurate (although let’s not start another debate over its merits).[/quote]

260lbs at 8% bf!?

That’s crazy.

Overall, BBing’s an illusion. Sure I feel better in the winter, when I’m stretching the shoulders of some XL wool sweater,… but currently, even though I’ve dipped under 200 (and much closer to 190 actually!), everyone’s asking if I got bigger.

I’d place money that my arms aren’t 18 anymore, but no way in hell am I gonna measure them and screw with my head -lol. I’ll just keep looking in the mirror and telling myself they LOOK 19!

S

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
evo2008 wrote:

Scroll down this page for a ‘max weight predictor’ @ 8% body fat and natural. This is pretty accurate (although let’s not start another debate over its merits).

260lbs at 8% bf!?

That’s crazy.[/quote]

I got 299 at 8% bf at 6’3. My 8" wrists and 11" cankles are to blame I imagine. Pretty damn unrealistic naturally. Doable on androgens/GH/insulin I’d think if I made it a serious lifestyle, but not really interested in going there.

[quote]Dopa wrote:
LiftSmart wrote:
evo2008 wrote:

260lbs at 8% bf!?

That’s crazy.

I got 299 at 8% bf at 6’3. My 8" wrists and 11" cankles are to blame I imagine. Pretty damn unrealistic naturally. Doable on androgens/GH/insulin I’d think if I made it a serious lifestyle, but not really interested in going there.[/quote]

Well you sure won’t get there clean-bulking and generally taking it slow for “quality gains”.

Forget about this predictor crap…

The one predictor tells you that your maximal natural amount of lbm was 50 pounds of lbm ago, the other tells you can reach for the stars just fine.
Whatever.
And since they all work with wrist and ankle measurements, they’re all complete bullshit anyway.

It’s no way total crap. It’s a fair predictor of what a natural trainer ‘could’ conceivably acheive with usually years of hard work. Most people won’t get there, but that’s not the point. Equally, some people will outreach these measurements.

[quote]evo2008 wrote:
And since they all work with wrist and ankle measurements, they’re all complete bullshit anyway

It’s no way total crap. It’s a fair predictor of what a natural trainer ‘could’ conceivably acheive with usually years of hard work. Most people won’t get there, but that’s not the point. Equally, some people will outreach these measurements.[/quote]

I’m sure you would know… People who follow this nonsense usually don’t even know what “years of hard work” consist of, are afraid of bulking up and believe all the insignificant details to be important.