What are Protein Powders Made of?

In the simplest words possible, micellar casein is the undenatured form of casein found in raw milk. All of the amino acids are intact, unprocessed and unaltered. They are possibly the most exotic proteins in existence but ironically, they’re destroyed when the milk is processed in any conventional way.

If, however, the milk proteins are “handled” in the most careful way possible, shielded from light and heat and mechanical insult, we can preserve the micellar casein. That means that the good properties of casein are magnified, increased exponentially. Micellar casein has antibacterial action; leads to increased nutrient absorption and even increased HDL levels; and it even has immuno-modulatory effects and opioid-like peptides that might ease achy joints and muscles.

And just in case that sounds familiar, yeah, I copied it straight off the “more information” page of Metabolic Drive. :slight_smile:

so it must be true

I always had to explain to my mother that the most basic explanation of protein powder is just evaporated milk. Way back in the day, our parents’ parents would actually put evaporated milk in reglar milk when a young child was sickly thin and the doctor advised them to gain weight. Nowadays, we’ve basically learned to extract better sources.

(Originally I was just going to reply ‘sugar and spice and everything nice’ -lol)

S

[quote]robo1 wrote:
so it must be true[/quote]

But it is true. Just because Biotest uses that info to sell their protein doesn’t mean it’s false.

Do some research, it’s all easy to find on the “internets.” That’s why most protein powders, and most foods if you will are crap. Because they are processed, zapped, and boiled to rendering them worthleses and dead.