What are Good Stats for a Short Guy?

[quote]dday wrote:
Do a search for user ID onemorerep that dude is like 150lbs and freaking JACKED!!! Not sure how tall he is but he looks like he’s 200++lbs.[/quote]

While onemorerep is def. an inspitation for us short guys, I also recognize the dude is a genetic freak in that most of the time someone would have to be a lot heavier then him to look that good, even at his height.

Danny Padilla: 5’ 2" at 176 lbs at the ‘81 Olympia.
Effin’ perfect, IMHO.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
bwhitwell wrote:
I did well at 5’7 weighing 169 lbs at my heaviest in contest shape.I am in the center doing the double bi.

What was/is your walking around weight? It is hard to compare competition weight with ‘normal’ weight if one has never competed or dieted to be very lean.[/quote]

That contest pic is 22 yrs old(1987) and I never weighed more than 180 lbs before I dieted which was only about 2 weeks. I weigh 165 lbs now but leaner than I was at 180 lbs back then. I am trying to increase my calories now but I really have to force myself to eat more than I feel like eating. I was thinking that the only difference in my training between now and then is that I worked out 6 days a week hitting each bodypart x2 a week and ate more. I was’t married yet and didn’t have any kids back then so BB was a priority.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Effin’ perfect, IMHO.[/quote]

Danny Padilla was a role model for myself and I kind of thought he was overlooked due to his height, maybe it was due to marketability(real word?). I loved his attitude with his posing to the song “Short people have no reason to live”

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
I agree this is a good discussion to have but it flys in the face of the “got to be 200+ to matter”, “170 lbs average joe weakling”, “at that weight you do not even look like you workout” mentality on this site. People seem to forget that there have been many impressive pro bodybuilders who sought aesthetics over just being as massive as possible.
[/quote]

That mentality is a generalization based on the “avergae” male. The average male is assumed to be 5’10" I believe. Obviously a very short guy doesn’t need to be 200 lbs to look pretty damn big.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Effin’ perfect, IMHO.[/quote]

Wow, the Giant Killer! I knew he was short but didn’t know he was THAT short.

[quote]doubleh wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
Effin’ perfect, IMHO.

Wow, the Giant Killer! I knew he was short but didn’t know he was THAT short.[/quote]

176 is fucking massive on a 5’2 frame, shit.

flex lewis is 5 ft 4 200lbs contest shape.

flex

[quote]doubleh wrote:
That mentality is a generalization based on the “avergae” male. The average male is assumed to be 5’10" I believe. Obviously a very short guy doesn’t need to be 200 lbs to look pretty damn big.[/quote]

Agreed, but you still hear people judging others in this forum because they don’t weigh X pounds, without considering how tall or lean the person is. Just a good reminder to take those factors into account before jumping to conclusions.

[quote]forlife wrote:
doubleh wrote:
That mentality is a generalization based on the “avergae” male. The average male is assumed to be 5’10" I believe. Obviously a very short guy doesn’t need to be 200 lbs to look pretty damn big.

Agreed, but you still hear people judging others in this forum because they don’t weigh X pounds, without considering how tall or lean the person is. Just a good reminder to take those factors into account before jumping to conclusions.[/quote]

Totally agree. That’s why I don’t post my weight. It’s bodybuilding… and the judges don’t bring out the scales on stage anyway.

lol

im 5’2 and 170 but not lean but i would love to be a lean 170’s. so the plan is to DC train for another year and try an over 40 show by the end of next year and hope to be around that weight.
i did get to the low 180’s a few years ago but that was with some help.
the bitch is that getting up there in weight, its hard to find clothes that are not for a much taller person.

[quote]ANTON wrote:
the bitch is that getting up there in weight, its hard to find clothes that are not for a much taller person. [/quote]

I hear that. My upper body is meant for large shirts, but my arms are so short that I have to wear mediums, so I end up feeling like a douche.

[quote]DropShot wrote:
ANTON wrote:
the bitch is that getting up there in weight, its hard to find clothes that are not for a much taller person.

I hear that. My upper body is meant for large shirts, but my arms are so short that I have to wear mediums, so I end up feeling like a douche.

[/quote]

I have the same issue. I couldn’t get a small on, and large may be meant for a 42-44 inch
chest but the mid section/waist always seems like it is meant for a 36-40 inch waist, not a 31 like I have. as a result, chest looks fine, arm length is terrible and the mid section looks like a tent. I stick with mediums, that many times are a little tight in areas but I have no alternative.

-g

[quote]GJA_BOSTON wrote:I stick with mediums, that many times are a little tight in areas but I have no alternative.

-g [/quote]

Same here. But before I put on a shirt, I pull and stretch the chest and shoulder parts.

lol

[quote]ANTON wrote:
im 5’2 and 170 but not lean but i would love to be a lean 170’s. so the plan is to DC train for another year and try an over 40 show by the end of next year and hope to be around that weight.
i did get to the low 180’s a few years ago but that was with some help.
the bitch is that getting up there in weight, its hard to find clothes that are not for a much taller person. [/quote]

1 post in 6 years. Nice lurk job, man.

i totally forgot that i had signed up. i rarely check my email and i signed up for the newsletter and thought s@#$, i should check it out. plus i took time off from lifting where i just posted on car sites.
i promise to get here at least daily.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
GJA_BOSTON wrote:I stick with mediums, that many times are a little tight in areas but I have no alternative.

-g

Same here. But before I put on a shirt, I pull and stretch the chest and shoulder parts.

lol
[/quote]

I feel your pain. The best is when they’re tight on your shoulders but come down to your mid thighs.

I just sit there and curse the skinny fucks these shirts were meant for…

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
GJA_BOSTON wrote:I stick with mediums, that many times are a little tight in areas but I have no alternative.

-g

lol

I feel your pain. The best is when they’re tight on your shoulders but come down to your mid thighs.

I just sit there and curse the skinny fucks these shirts were meant for…[/quote]

then theres the whole question–should I tuck it in and have it all bunched up under my pants, or should I leave it un-tucked and have it hang too low.

[quote]GJA_BOSTON wrote:

then theres the whole question–should I tuck it in and have it all bunched up under my pants, or should I leave it un-tucked and have it hang too low.
[/quote]

HAHAHAHA.

Yea. I tuck it in and look like an f’n loser or leave it out and not be able to get to my pockets.

Or buy the medium and realize fully that if it shrinks a fraction of a centimeter I won’t be able to wear it at all.

We need to start a clothes company. Most of the shirts I would design would have Ted Nugent on them though.