What are Good Lifting Stats?

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
Are you powerlifting or bodybuilding? Its quite impossible to answer that question as there are many factors that come into play. What I do is look at my current lifts and concentrate on gradually improving on them, but I don’t powerlift and the number isn’t my only priority. Id rather get a clean 10-12 with the 100lbers on the flat DB bench than arch-back my way into 6-7 with 120s.

If you only have access to a smith for squats its better than not doing any IMO. I do front-squats on the Smith and find it alot easier to push myself to the point of vomitting than the free bar version. You don’t have to worry about the bar just your quads.

I second the smith machine front squats, I do regular ones too, but find the smith a little more comfortable and as GB said I don’t have to worry about the bar, just the quads. :wink:

don’t use the maxi pad on the bar tho or you would be a 2x pussy :stuck_out_tongue: lol jk

DG[/quote]

hmmm front squat on smith? i may try these out sometime.

I second the smith machine front squats, I do regular ones too, but find the smith a little more comfortable and as GB said I don’t have to worry about the bar, just the quads. :wink:
[/quote]

Do you notice any difference in maintaining form? Since the bar is held by the smith, it seems to me that there wouldn’t be any forward dumping - even if form deteriorates.

Good stats? Thats up to you to decide, I want to have 5/7/8 or 2k total from the big 3 in some way at around 350 bodyweight-I’m tall-.

What is good is very subjective, just worry about progressing in some way and don’t get caught up in ‘Am I making the best gains possible’ just make sure you are progressing.

Growing_Boy wrote:
Are you powerlifting or bodybuilding? Its quite impossible to answer that question as there are many factors that come into play. What I do is look at my current lifts and concentrate on gradually improving on them, but I don’t powerlift and the number isn’t my only priority. Id rather get a clean 10-12 with the 100lbers on the flat DB bench than arch-back my way into 6-7 with 120s.

If you only have access to a smith for squats its better than not doing any IMO. I do front-squats on the Smith and find it alot easier to push myself to the point of vomitting than the free bar version. You don’t have to worry about the bar just your quads.

don’t use the maxi pad on the bar tho or you would be a 2x pussy :stuck_out_tongue: lol jk

DG[/quote]

lol the maxi pad. Shit my ex didn’t use the pussy foam pad. Oh man, there I go and pickin at the scab. Fuck…

[quote]machiajelly wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:

Do you notice any difference in maintaining form? Since the bar is held by the smith, it seems to me that there wouldn’t be any forward dumping - even if form deteriorates. [/quote]

Not at all, I use a crossed arm hold on the bar, so that sum bitch isn’t going any where. I think it helps maintain form when you reach failure. It also makes drop sets easier due to the fact that you don’t have to worry about the bar rolling off. Its all good in the hood with front squats on the smith. :wink:

To the OP: here’s an article which appeared on here a while ago which might help answer your question.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1563264

Do read the debate that followed, too…