What Are Good Bicep Workouts?

I was just wondering what are some good bicep workouts cause all i now is curls… So if anyone knows any will you please help me out.

Do you already have a good leg workout? How about a good back workout, or a chest workout, or a shoulder workout?

If you are just looking to build big biceps, but haven’t already built up everything else, you are heading down the wrong road.

squats until you’re 200lbs.

LOL at the people that say shit like squats until you are 200lbs.

1st the guy might be short, look at George St. Pierre, walks around at 185 and looks jacked.

2nd I worked my squat up to 315 and didn’t notice any significant increase in arm size. In fact my arms were weaker than when I was squatting 225 and doing a shit load of curls.

As for good workouts for arms, all exercises and rep ranges run the risk of getting stale. Try a couple new exercises, I try and stick with a reverse curl and a standard curl as a minimum.

I like spider curls (but usually do them lying face down on an incline bench):

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?Name=Spider+Curl

Also, reverse preacher curls are another favorite.

And close-grip cable curls when sitting on a stool, keeping good posture.

That said, you should be working, at the least, the rest of your upper body (which I assume you’re doing). With no support from the other muscles you’ll not only look weird, but won’t be able to lift as much weight.

Parapalegics can still have jacked upper bodies with no leg work, but proportion looks better.

In my experience it depends on how long you have been training. If you are in your first 6 months to year of lifting try working pull ups & chin ups, heavy rows, and deadlifts. For your triceps how about heavy bench and shoulder work. If you must work the bicep and tricep muscles driectly, try working them after your upper body multi joint exercises. Also, don’t forget to squat. There is nothing funnier than a man with the same size in his arms and legs.

Barbell curl supersets (heavy, then light) and a mix of incline curls, chins, and rows have gotten some pretty nice stretch marks on my arms. I’m a big fan of supersets though, so it may just be my way of growing. I haven’t done a seated (besides incline) or standing dumbbell curl in forever, and don’t really care to.

[quote]Bram Wiley wrote:

1st the guy might be short, look at George St. Pierre, walks around at 185 and looks jacked.

2nd I worked my squat up to 315 and didn’t notice any significant increase in arm size. In fact my arms were weaker than when I was squatting 225 and doing a shit load of curls.

As for good workouts for arms, all exercises and rep ranges run the risk of getting stale. Try a couple new exercises, I try and stick with a reverse curl and a standard curl as a minimum.

I like spider curls (but usually do them lying face down on an incline bench):

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?Name=Spider+Curl

Also, reverse preacher curls are another favorite.

And close-grip cable curls when sitting on a stool, keeping good posture.

That said, you should be working, at the least, the rest of your upper body (which I assume you’re doing). With no support from the other muscles you’ll not only look weird, but won’t be able to lift as much weight.

Parapalegics can still have jacked upper bodies with no leg work, but proportion looks better.[/quote]

This kid posted something up about the same thing two days ago.

He’s probably young as shit, and he’s 5’11 and 160. The nature of the post leads me to believe he’s looking for “big guns” and little else. Give’em all the biceps workouts you want…it’s gonna suck when he figures out that they don’t grow if everything else doesn’t.

Squats and milk!!!

Seriously, without knowing what kind of workouts you currently do it is impossible to answer this question.

Train your whole body a few times a week either using a total body routine or a split and do a lot of pullups and curl variations.

At your size I would think an arm specialization routine is a waste of time.

[quote]Bram Wiley wrote:

[/quote]

I don’t have anything to add to the question, but I would like to make a little correction. In the couple articles I have read about GSP and interviews with him, he says that most of the time he walks around at around 210lbs. Yes he does look jacked when he cuts there is no question about it. But anyways not trying to hijack the thread.

He’s 5’11", 160lbs, and new to working out. I stand by my statement. And most MMA fighters don’t walk around the same weight class that they fight.

[quote]Scott aka Rice wrote:
He’s 5’11", 160lbs, and new to working out. I stand by my statement. And most MMA fighters don’t walk around the same weight class that they fight.[/quote]

Weighted Chins works great for me. Give it a try.

[quote]Raimisch wrote:
Bram Wiley wrote:

I don’t have anything to add to the question, but I would like to make a little correction. In the couple articles I have read about GSP and interviews with him, he says that most of the time he walks around at around 210lbs. Yes he does look jacked when he cuts there is no question about it. But anyways not trying to hijack the thread.[/quote]

GSP weighs in at 170 (welterweight UFC class) and walks around/fights at 185.

Rich Franklin weighs in at 185 and walks around/fights at 205-210.

[quote]Bram Wiley wrote:
Raimisch wrote:
Bram Wiley wrote:

I don’t have anything to add to the question, but I would like to make a little correction. In the couple articles I have read about GSP and interviews with him, he says that most of the time he walks around at around 210lbs. Yes he does look jacked when he cuts there is no question about it. But anyways not trying to hijack the thread.

GSP weighs in at 170 (welterweight UFC class) and walks around/fights at 185.

Rich Franklin weighs in at 185 and walks around/fights at 205-210.[/quote]

im going to add to this further…GSP may be pretty cut, but he doesnt look fucking “jacked” at whatever weight people want to say hes fighting at. of course, if you think abercrombie models are jacked too…then i guess im with you…

UFC guys that are jacked would include Ken Shamrock, whether or not hes washed up or whatever is another topic, but HE is jacked. Fedor of recently is starting to look pretty jacked too…GSP, no offense, is not jacked.

“1st the guy might be short, look at George St. Pierre, walks around at 185 and looks jacked.”
For that matter, how about Sean Sherk or Darrel Gholar. Both around 185 lbs. and even more javled than GSP!

GSP is built I would say. He obvisouly has some muscle on him and such, Because of his lower bodyfat you can see the muscle on him. You wanna see jacked? JEFF MONSON lol. He is jacked. Although he recently lost to Tim in UFC 65. He is big boy lol.

I saw him fight last night,he choked a guy out.He looks like a junkyard dog,you don’t mess with them.