What am I doing wrong?

First off, I am with the rest when they say, put on some size first before worrying about being ripped up.
That aside, once you put on size here is the formula for “deep grooves” as you called them.
Hanging Knee raises = Deep Grooves and Deep Linea Alba
Oh, and train your abs with some weight. Doing a bajillion reps isn’t going to work. If you want em deep there has to be enough muscle there to cut up first. Rope pulldowns or Roman chair holding a plate behind your head.
Now this next part is absolutely essential to completing your ab development. When you get your kick-ass deep abs, call those Body for Life bastards and tell em to stick it!!

The diet will have to be more consistent and also cycled. I was reading SCIENCE AND PRACTICE OF STRENGTH TRAINING by Vladimir Zatsiorsky and he explained the delayed training effect. Meaning the body will make changes before the body can adapt to a new stimulus. This can be advantageous for you. If you cycle your calories (2 days low, 1 day maintenance), you can lose fat before your body has a chance to lower its metabolism to adjust to a lower caloric intake. Eat more calories on days of more activity, and less on days of rest or less activity. Hope this works for you.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. While adding LBM is a possibility for others, for me it is not what I am looking to do. As I said, I am a soccer player and adding mass, I have found for myself, decreases my agility and my ability to sustain a high level of cardio activity over the course of the 90 min game. Right now, my fitness is very good as far as lb for lb strength and of course, cardio. Perhaps you guys could help me develop some sort of structured food plan (i hate the word “diet”) that isn’t too extreme (ie: waking up in the middle of the night, etc). I wake up for work around 6:30 and go to be normally around 11 PM. I work a full time job and dont have access to a complete kitchen at work (only microwave and sink), so when suggesting food and time of day to eat it, please try to keep it somewhat simple. I might add that since I do a TON of cardio, I am ALWAYS hungry so please help me out. The feedback is great so far and look forward to getting the total 6-pack that I always wanted…even if that involves shedding 5-10 lbs. B

Sidenote: BP - What soccer team did you play for in England? Im looking to go pro and perhaps you could give some advice.