What am I Doing Wrong? Need Help!

Do you do any cardio?

Start tracking, weighing, and measuring everything you eat and see how much you’re really eating.

[quote]1 Man Island wrote:
Do you do any cardio?[/quote]
The most I do regarding cardio is that I walk everywhere. That’s a light to moderate amount at best.

How are you gaining fat on THAT diet with an extremely high metabolism. You need to redefine extremely high metabolism. I have an extremely high metabolism. My body temp is usually around 99.something. I eat 7 meals a day 4 of which are very carb heavy and I only weigh my proteinz (from fear of eating too much cause, you know, meat is murder), and it wasn’t until I started eating this way that I started gaining muscle. I’m 5’10 190. If I ate like you and stopped training I would go down to 155 in 2 months. That’s a guesstimate I pulled out of my ass, but it wouldn’t be too far off from that.

Your program has an insane amount of volume. You train with the volume of a seasoned bodybuilder, yet you most likely have no strength base. IF I was you (and I’m not so don’t listen to me, do research on what I say and experiment) I would restructure your program around 2 types of deadlifts, 2 types of squats, and 2 types of presses + pullups and dips. Keep SOME assistance work. Make sure you train the primal movement patterns (squat, lunge, push, pull, twist, bend, gait).

Sucks balls not being able to afford food, but you gotta find a way bro. Eat more and do conditioning. Pretty much along with walking everywhere do sprints and throw stuff. Plenty of articles on here.

[quote]Haldor wrote:
How are you gaining fat on THAT diet with an extremely high metabolism. You need to redefine extremely high metabolism. I have an extremely high metabolism. My body temp is usually around 99.something. I eat 7 meals a day 4 of which are very carb heavy and I only weigh my proteinz (from fear of eating too much cause, you know, meat is murder), and it wasn’t until I started eating this way that I started gaining muscle. I’m 5’10 190. If I ate like you and stopped training I would go down to 155 in 2 months. That’s a guesstimate I pulled out of my ass, but it wouldn’t be too far off from that.

Your program has an insane amount of volume. You train with the volume of a seasoned bodybuilder, yet you most likely have no strength base. IF I was you (and I’m not so don’t listen to me, do research on what I say and experiment) I would restructure your program around 2 types of deadlifts, 2 types of squats, and 2 types of presses + pullups and dips. Keep SOME assistance work. Make sure you train the primal movement patterns (squat, lunge, push, pull, twist, bend, gait).

Sucks balls not being able to afford food, but you gotta find a way bro. Eat more and do conditioning. Pretty much along with walking everywhere do sprints and throw stuff. Plenty of articles on here.[/quote]
…well, I guess that’s that, then.

Haldor is right.

And fk… I got tired and dizzy just reading that workout plan of yours.

You need to simplify. Can’t go wrong with squat, deadlift, bench, and OHP. All are compound movements that will add lots of muscle. And GOMAD is a simple, cheap way to add calories + protein for the poor and lazy among us.

Protein powder, even a lot of the good stuff, is a better value for your dollar than most food sources.

So, you’re not really saving any money by not buying it. Assuming you want to get enough protein to make appropriate progress.

Protein powder is expensive to buy at once, but when compared to price of actual animal protein you buy at a supermarket, is an incredible bang for its buck.

All hail protein powder.

And it’s versatile. You can add it into foods, you can drink it alone, mix it with other supplements, use it with little effort to prepare. Honestly it’s a great tool.

Yeah, I do buy protein powders and sups when I am able to scrounge up the cash. Right now I’m on my last few servings of Dymatize Super Mass Gainer (I try to be smart about it and I don’t do the entire 2 massive scoops in order to get more servings out of the tub) and I use CellMass as a post-workout recovery drink along with my post-workout meal. I have plenty of CellMass left, though, so I don’t have to worry about that running out anytime soon.
Do you guys have any recommendations for something that’s not only good tasting but cost-effective? Also, I forgot to mention I have nut and soy allergies.

…looks like I’m going to have to start pawning crap in order to get more cash xD

I find the reg. powder, as opposed to the mass gainer, to be better value. Carbs are cheap… I don’t need to drink mine. But if you have trouble eating enough, the mass gainers can be helpful.

Also, I think anything with carbs should be enough post workout. I your level, you shouldn’t need any special tricks for recovery.

[quote]1 Man Island wrote:
I find the reg. powder, as opposed to the mass gainer, to be better value. Carbs are cheap… I don’t need to drink mine. But if you have trouble eating enough, the mass gainers can be helpful.

Also, I think anything with carbs should be enough post workout. I your level, you shouldn’t need any special tricks for recovery.[/quote]
Well I kind of need the mass gainer to help get extra calories plus the protein as well.

Mass gainers made me put on excess fat when I used them. I gained weight, but not the type I wanted.

I now make my own 700 calorie shake every morning, first thing when I wake up. I posted this in my log a week or so ago, it might help you:

Throw all of this into a blender:

• 1 cup of whole milk
  • 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
  • 1 scoop of protein of your choice
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 1 banana (medium size)

Nutritional Profile
715 calories
40g of fat
50g of carbs
40g of protein

^do this, it will be much cheaper and the quality of your calories will be increased greatly

[quote]Evolv wrote:
Mass gainers made me put on excess fat when I used them. I gained weight, but not the type I wanted.

I now make my own 700 calorie shake every morning, first thing when I wake up. I posted this in my log a week or so ago, it might help you:

Throw all of this into a blender:

• 1 cup of whole milk
  • 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
  • 1 scoop of protein of your choice
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 1 banana (medium size)

Nutritional Profile
715 calories
40g of fat
50g of carbs
40g of protein
[/quote]
I’m allergic to these, remember? lol
But I’ll try it once I get the chance…

You’re allergic to milk, protein, olive oil and bananas?

These are just suggestions to help you man. You can also use almond butter, coconut oil, etcetera etcetera…

1. where is a barbell bench press , squat , or deadlift i your programming? Big lifts for big muscles.

2. you have 2 quality meals and 3 subpar meals on your diet. Every meal needs a significant source of protein. Spaghetti is not a meal if your serious about this.

3. buy whey protein, add milk/peanut butter/ice cream for a mass gainer 5 times cheaper and way better tasting. The money you save in that should go towards getting protein at every meal.

[quote]Evolv wrote:
You’re allergic to milk, protein, olive oil and bananas?

These are just suggestions to help you man. You can also use almond butter, coconut oil, etcetera etcetera…[/quote]
No, no, just the ones I bolded (peanut butter and bananas)

? Does your gym have a barbell?
Your leg day is all machines. Do some BB squats. Do some front squats. Do some sl deadlifts. Do some lunges.

How does your shoulder day have only 1 compound movement? (1-1/2 if you want to include ur row) . You dont need to focus on separating heads of your deltoids. You need to grow some deltoids! Press some shit! You’re not putting on mass with isolation lifts.

I dont know where you got this workout program. You really need to put your focus on the big lifts., money lifts, which means you need to be doing barbell rows, bench, squat , front squat, deadlift, overhead press, push press, cleans, high pulls, etc.

Long story short, eat twice the protein you’re getting now, and lift some heavy shit with a barbell.

How do I get rid of the spare tire, then?