What Age Did you Grow the Most?

This is a question for the guys who have been lifting for a long time. But what age did you grow the most, or does it even make a different how old you are? When i say grow i mean muscle mass, not necessarily height, and not fat. I’ve heard that once you reach about 20 your producing large amounts of male hormones and you have the most potential for growth, but i want to know from guys who have actually know from experience.

[quote]ghostofbellstar wrote:
This is a question for the guys who have been lifting for a long time. But what age did you grow the most, or does it even make a different how old you are? When i say grow i mean muscle mass, not necessarily height, and not fat. I’ve heard that once you reach about 20 your producing large amounts of male hormones and you have the most potential for growth, but i want to know from guys who have actually know from experience.[/quote]

the end of my junior year of high school i was sitting at 175 lbs with maybe 8% bf but then i got moved to the o-line (from outside receiver) so i had to pack it on. Over the course of that summer I worked up to 230 with around 15% bf, using copious amounts of red meat and iron

This is a question for the guys who have been lifting for a long time. But what age did you grow the most, or does it even make a different how old you are? When i say grow i mean muscle mass, not necessarily height, and not fat. I’ve heard that once you reach about 20 your producing large amounts of male hormones and you have the most potential for growth, but i want to know from guys who have actually know from experience.[/quote]

I started lifting at age 14. I was like 135 at 5’6" and got up to 165-170 at age 16, but I think it could have happened to any adolescent who didn’t lift (maybe fucked up because I didn’t know a thing about training, dieting etc…). From there I bulked to almost 220, and when I dieted down (mistake I think) I was about 180 near 10% bodyfat I would guess.

I would say it was that age (16-18), but more than anything it was the effort that I put on that bulking phase. I’m now 19 and 5’8" (that height stunning’s a fucking myth right?), at about 190 and near 10% bodyfat again, and realize that I have 10-15 more years to keep growing, so I want to take advantage of that, instead of thinking when that time will be over.

20-22. I was in graduate school, and although I had already been lifting for a couple of years, I was doing too much volume, not eating enough (or well enough), and still had too many extracurricular activities revving my metabolism around the clock. During these years I had a more sedentary lifestyle, ate protein heavy meals every few hours, and lifted on a heavier weight/less sessions per week approach.

S

Yes you probably have an ideal conditions for growth in that age BUT you don’t have experience and knowledge (“know yourself”) needed.
So you can easily grow several years after in mid 20s, when you find what works for you and learn to exploit it.
For someone in late teens or couple years older it would be ideal to grab books, articles, listen to older lifters and read and learn proper. IMO teens usually end up doing very stupid things in spite of ideal growth enviroment.

I have trained for over 20+ years from the age of 18-42 and I have continued to get bigger and stronger. I have gotten bigger and stronger in the last 5-7 years which I believe is normal. I know the ceiling may be getting close but I don’t know where that is so I will keep stepping up each day.
I know I’ve said this in other places but if your in it for life. Just keep educating yourself and changing. Don’t set the limit if you don’t know what that is!

I have had 3 separate time periods where I lifted religiously for 2+ years. The first time was in high school (15-18 y/o), the second in college (19-22 y/o) and the third time has been the last 2 years (29-30 y/o). My current run has been the most beneficial in terms of both fat loss and muscle gain. I would say my current success is due to a phenomenally better diet in terms of quality protein and less processed foods.

I think the 25+ age range can be the most beneficial as that’s generally when your “teenager ego” takes a back seat and you are more in control of your food and circumstances. You can buy exactly what you want to eat and you can structure your free time how you want to allow time for proper training.

I grew the most from the age of 0-10 or so…
No lifting required.

I started at twenty-three and I will be forty-six this year
Although I still make progress the margin for error is much smaller. My best years were from 31/32 to 38/39

When I was like 15-17, the vibrations on the school bus were enough to make me grow every time. That’s why I never rode the bus without something to hold in front of me as I got off of it.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
I grew the most from the age of 0-10 or so…
No lifting required.

[/quote]

Lol