What About When You're The Idiot?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Too many people here do box squats.

because they are amazing for building a bigger suited squat. I don’t even regular squat until I’m prepping for a meet.

I think they have a big place for people that compete but they are not necessary for beginners that will never compete.[/quote]

Ok, I hear you on that. They preach BFS at my school, so we have all kinda of dumb asshats that think they are buff as hell box squatting two plates on a 2 foot box. BFS is a shitty program it teaches people HORRIBLE squat form.

A few years ago, I was doing laying triceps extensions with an EZ bar when a guy came over and said the weights were about to fall off. I had forgotten to put a clamp on the left end but I was so focused that I didn’t notice the weights moving to the side. I’m glad the guy came over and said something because I would have been really embarrassed if they would have fallen off.

I was doing seated goodmornings, and I have no idea how to avoid crushing my testicles so now I dont do seated goodmornings. Seriously, short of removing them what do you do with your testicles to not hurt them during seated goodmornings?

[quote]Scrotus wrote:
I was doing seated goodmornings, and I have no idea how to avoid crushing my testicles so now I dont do seated goodmornings. Seriously, short of removing them what do you do with your testicles to not hurt them during seated goodmornings?[/quote]

Is this the reason your name is scrotus?

I get pinned alomst every second week (keep trying for the 5kgs more!)

I use safety bars… Never had a problem.

I damn near knocked myself out warming up with 135 for push jerks. I wasn’t focused and I drove the bar directly into the bottom of my chin. I saw stars for a few seconds, then finished the set. Now I always remember to get my fat head out of the way. Lesson learned. The worst part was the gash I opened on my chin bled all over one of my favorite t-shirts.

I have also lost my balance with a fairly heavy weight overhead in the power rack. So naturally, I dumped it forward, caught both J-hooks, and tipped the rack directly into the mirror behind it. CRASH! The gym owner wasn’t too happy with me after that. But, I cleaned up the glass, paid for the mirror, and all was well.

If you’re gonna fuck up, might as well go big, right?

To the OP: In that situation, I don’t think the gym owner would mind if you dumped the bar on the floor. If I have to choose between risking damage to equipment and injuring myself, I’m picking the equipment every time, consequences be damned. There are lots of gyms around, but I only have one spine.

And just because you missed a lift doesn’t give some self-righteous Nautilus-worshipper the right to tell you how to lift. “I appreciate the help, but I’ll take my chances with the squats, thanks. Have fun with the pec-deck, let me know how that works out for you.”

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
I damn near knocked myself out warming up with 135 for push jerks. I wasn’t focused and I drove the bar directly into the bottom of my chin. I saw stars for a few seconds, then finished the set. Now I always remember to get my fat head out of the way. Lesson learned. The worst part was the gash I opened on my chin bled all over one of my favorite t-shirts.
[/quote]

I’ve done this too.

Also, missed a snatch and put a hole in my floor.

[quote]Scrotus wrote:
I was doing seated goodmornings, and I have no idea how to avoid crushing my testicles so now I dont do seated goodmornings. Seriously, short of removing them what do you do with your testicles to not hurt them during seated goodmornings?[/quote]

Hang em off the side of the bench.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
About 2 weeks ago, I took off the tricep rope from a cable machine and clipped on the wide pulldown attachment instead, which is about 3 feet long, solid metal and pretty heavy.

Anyway, I went to do my set of straight-arm pushdowns for some lat isolation, and realised that the weight was to heavy.

I bent down to the stack and pulled the pin out. Donk! Went the bar, on the top of my head as the extra weight of the thing overcame the weight of the stacl without any plates on it.

Fortunately, only 4 other people were in there at the time, however they were all pointing at me and laughing.

Bushy[/quote]

Guilty!! blush

I have also lost my balance with a fairly heavy weight overhead in the power rack. So naturally, I dumped it forward, caught both J-hooks, and tipped the rack directly into the mirror behind it. CRASH! The gym owner wasn’t too happy with me after that. But, I cleaned up the glass, paid for the mirror, and all was well.

[/quote]

That’s hilarious!

[/quote]

Don’t they bolt power racks to the floor where you’re from?

A few weeks ago I was doing inlcine BP. Had 255 on the rack. 2X45’s and 1X10’s on each side. I was listening to my ipod and spacing out and pulled the 45 off of one side to strip the bar down. Forgot about the 10 pounder which slid off the bar and landed on my foot.

I yelled “fuck” at the top of lungs and a couple of other choice words, oblivious to the volume level since I had my Ipod on. Finally got my head out my ass and was amazed that most of the people in the gym were giving me some unusual stares. A few got a good laugh out of it, including me.

I was doing hypers in college and got up on the machine to do a set but failed to actually hook my legs UNDER the two roller things on the back of the contraption. I went do my first rep and went summersaulting forward off the machine onto the floor.

Luckily I didn’t get hurt and only one girl saw it who was a friend. It could have been reeeeally bad because the entire baseball team was in there huddled up for some sort of meeting and none of them saw it… which would have led to some brutal mockery.

Yeah but depending on the landing couldn’t you have pretended you did it on purpose?

[quote]Noodle_Arms wrote:
I was doing hypers in college and got up on the machine to do a set but failed to actually hook my legs UNDER the two roller things on the back of the contraption. I went do my first rep and went summersaulting forward off the machine onto the floor. Luckily I didn’t get hurt and only one girl saw it who was a friend. It could have been reeeeally bad because the entire baseball team was in there huddled up for some sort of meeting and none of them saw it… which would have led to some brutal mockery.[/quote]

[quote]hedo wrote:
A few weeks ago I was doing inlcine BP. Had 255 on the rack. 2X45’s and 1X10’s on each side. [/quote]

I think you were doing 245 as I’m believing your bar weighs 45 lbs…

[quote]will to power wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:

Don’t they bolt power racks to the floor where you’re from?[/quote]

Something similar to that happened at the gym this weekend. Fortunately, it wasn’t my fault. There are two monolifts, neither of which are bolted to the ground. One guy put something like 5 or 6 band of varying resistance on the bar and managed to flip the monolift when he took it out. I was squatting nearby and it scared the crap out of me. No one was hurt and nothing was broken though.

That same day I also managed to smash my finger when I was loading a second plate on the bar for DLs. I also yelled “fuck!” but no one noticed or cared.

[quote]sen say wrote:
hedo wrote:
A few weeks ago I was doing inlcine BP. Had 255 on the rack. 2X45’s and 1X10’s on each side.

I think you were doing 245 as I’m believing your bar weighs 45 lbs…

[/quote]

Good catch. My foot still hurts and is distracting me!

Sometimes I feel nauseous and dizzy after squatting heavy. It usually passes in a few minutes, but one time it came on so quickly, I just racked the bar, and did an Exorcist vomit right there in the squat rack. The gym was crowded, I was horrified, people were disgusted, and I did the walk of shame to the locker room, passing the janitor on his way over to clean it up.

People stand back now, as I approach the squat rack. A few of the guys are gentlemen, and put the trash can next to me.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Sometimes I feel nauseous and dizzy after squatting heavy. It usually passes in a few minutes, but one time it came on so quickly, I just racked the bar, and did an Exorcist vomit right there in the squat rack. The gym was crowded, I was horrified, people were disgusted, and I did the walk of shame to the locker room, passing the janitor on his way over to clean it up.

People stand back now, as I approach the squat rack. A few of the guys are gentlemen, and put the trash can next to me.[/quote]

I love this one. If you did it at my gym I’d be impressed. I get the dizzy, vision going black after heavy squats too. I’ve only ever puked at home though. I was doing kettlebell snatches for maximum reps. I got to 65, stopped and dashed madly to be bathroom.

My daughters friend was over. None of the other soccer moms do this apparently.

I was at my gym several years ago, the weight room was crowded, and I was benching. I was doing my final warmup set when all of a sudden I had the bar at my chest and couldn’t press it for the life of me. No idea why, but I was PINNED. One of the guys had to come over and pull it off. I said something to the effect of “wow…don’t know what happened there” he replied: “You got pinned by the weight on your chest.” Thanks A hole. I actually ended up being friends with him but at the time I wanted to choke the guy.